Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

AMD users always get the shaft with release like thisGreat for Intels though
There are other releases for AMD - use one of those.
hello Thanks, for releasing this install to the the public!I was thinking of buying a pc tomorow once your release is out.Could you recomend anything? (considering compatiblity with your release)my price range is $600.00-$999.99?
If you want 100% compatibility, buy an Apple. Else read the wiki.
Anyone know when this is going to be released?
When it's ready I guess.
did you ripped all other languages except english?
it's been answered before

http://www.macdotnub.info/countdown.htmlThe countdown is wrong, its only ~12 hrs for us EST'ers. For the UK folks, it should be less than 7 hrs to go!Woot woot ...
That's the leopard countdown, which is correct for myself being in the UK.
Sure there is but this one looks far better than any one of thosebut yeah, buy a real mac if you want OS X right? :unsure:
But you wanted compatibility and you are only going to get that with genuine Apple hardware. Or you can play the waiting game and hope that drivers will be made for your hardware.

Any chance of getting a Mac.num 10.5 version of your sweet release?

RTFT ...I'm completely new to this forum and even I am already tired of watching mac.nub repeat himself over and over, answer people's feature requests, and having people ask if their particular setup will work. Let the guy work on the release and get it out the door!

This is going to be my first install. I have no idea if it will work with my setup ..but I'm going to download it, see what happens, and search the maginificent internet for solutions to any problem that may come up. Worst case scenario: I wasted time and a DVD. Certainly not worth hounding the guy that provided the means.

:: stepping off soapbox ::

RTFT ...I'm completely new to this forum and even I am already tired of watching mac.nub repeat himself over and over, answer people's feature requests, and having people ask if their particular setup will work. Let the guy work on the release and get it out the door!

This is going to be my first install. I have no idea if it will work with my setup ..but I'm going to download it, see what happens, and search the maginificent internet for solutions to any problem that may come up. Worst case scenario: I wasted time and a DVD. Certainly not worth hounding the guy that provided the means.

:: stepping off soapbox ::

I second Thaddeus on this one. Please be a little more careful about the questions asked. There's nine pages in the thread and until you read them all carefully, you shouldn't ask any question at all. There's a lot of pressure on mac.nub to deliver this disc and he's got some big shoes to fill in terms of past releases. Having to answer the same questions over and over is not only annoying but insulting. Read the thread, please. If you have a legitimate question and you have done a lot of searching, then of course it's fair to ask a question. But don't waste mac.nub's time when he is already volunteering many hours of his life to create something helpful for the community.

flibblesan - No, it's not.

Aratmanecomus - Intel ethernet is very unlikely to have support, i've not heard of support for your wireless. And QE/CI is not supported on 8600's.

JackSteffan - There are many of these already on the forum. Use the search feature.

yosumi - Yes.

hughson - There are plenty of good builds posted on the forums. Use the search.

Carlos Pombo - CS3 Installs and Runs fine, I don't have FCP so that's not tested, shouldn't be a problem though.

bbao - See the countdown timer.

Slip Kid - If you want full support a Mac is defianately the way to go.

79GTX - It's correct for the UK. That's where I am...

Chin_Guru - np.

kamaraju - Search the forums to find out.

Dan the Soundman - No, as the kernel source hasn't been released things can't be added can they?

Thaddeus Smith - Thanks for that, much appreciated.

mrjoe - All beta testers have submitted results, and they were all fine. It's being released tomorrow as per the original schedule.

Conroe Mac - Thanks to you too. Again much appreciated.

~mac.nub

without speedstep, it's going to be a desktop release,...

still hope, that sleep and wake S3, would work.

who cares ? that $150 in 2 years on electricity,...

and some people do want it quiet at night, aka sleep,... without the boot,

big cheers, big hurray, for mac.nub!!! .........................!!!

boy shipping a 6-pack to the UK, is going to be expensive,....

actually, counting the effort, should be at least 4 x 18-packs of beer,

50% there,

the other 50% ...

laptop/notebook

- speedstep / throttle

- fan control

- sleep/wake

- intel gma x3100

- nvidia 8400m/8600m

- ati x1250/x1350,

- draft n cards

and then off course leopard

/start Offtopic - But it is my topic. So ha I think I can get away with it! :P

Just got the Leopard GM installed on my laptop :) - what can I say? It's nice and shiny.

Picture_1.png Picture_2.png

/end Offtopic

You began...

Could you tell us what works and what not?