Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

For all of you with regards to speed, i'm getting it out as fast as I can, but from what i've seen so far, my line speed seems to be capped at about 100 kB/s max.

Unfortunately the beta testers aren't online at the moment... but when they are i'll ask any who can to help out with the seeding.

My internet is rather laggy atm due to this :P

Best place to get it would be the Bay, as this should get peers from both demonid and the bay. It's swarm speed is currently ~4.5 MB/s and ~42.5 kB/s is the average download speed.

Some people have almost 15% of it now, so those picking up the torrent now should get good speeds up until this point :)

Evostance - Yes, IDE (aka PATA) hard drives are fine, infact that's what i'm using currently.

spuke - I can't as I don't have access to them/have never used them before. Maybe someone that finishes the DL would be able to put it up there for you.

~mac.nub

ninjapig - Not available at the moment, haven't had a chance to up it due to being ill. After a few people have gotten it off torrent, i'll see what I can do about getting it up there... there would be no point in me doing it now, with my current connection lag due to the torrent it would take hours!

~mac.nub

Hi, I can't enter the green demon site!. I'm in Mexico, I know that Canada is Blocked, but... Mexico too?, has the url changed?, am I banned? I had a 1.6 ratio.

I need Mac.Nub's installer, and yes... I've seen it in the Bay of Pirates, but right now it is so slow, I prefer the demon tracker.

Please give me a clue!

Thanks and sorry for my bad English.

Edit: Nevermind!, my download is ok and coming through the green demon, but still can't get into their webpage.

Can anyone point me to a good guide to make this dual boot with Vista? Or do i need to wait for a new to be written especially for this version?

I have quite an average system setup, but just to make sure, does this setup get full support with this dvd?

Asus P5N-E SLI

Intel C2D E6300

Club3D 8800GTS 320MB with Samsung 226BW through DVI

Both SATA and PATA HDD's available for installation of OSX86

Standard PS2 Microsoft wired keyboard 500 and Logitech MX518 mouse

Really need the Realtek onboard soundcard to work. If not through SPDIF, at least through surround mixing via standard jacks. Cause i just bought the Logitech Z5000 5.1 speakers.

EDIT: You know what, totally forgot. I have a TerraTec Aureon 5.1 soundcard lying around here somewhere. In case Realtek does'nt have support. I could use that, but then again i don't know if that one has support either.

Thanks mac.nub, i bought a ide hdd and then found that i couldnt even run osx86 on my computer but you have exactly the same system as me (the one with the 88800gts) and now I can run it :yoji:

Well I say the same. Could you tell me if it will run on:

XFX 8800GTS 640mb

Asus P5N-E Sli 680i Mobo

2gb Ram 1066mhz

E6750 @2.7ghz

Vista in RAID on 2x 160gb SATA HD

and the OSX on 1x 80gb IDE HD

Hopefully it will install smoothly and I can dual boot with Vista. Hopefully it will automatically show on the boot menu. If you care to post me a dvdrip (i will pay lol) I will upload it and/or seed it

Well ... First: Thank you very mutch mac.nub!

As i saw this thread, written by a 19 years young guy, who has very honourable attitudes and motives

to create this release ... impressive and very nice to see. :yoji:

Only one question: Is it right, that you stripped out all other langs, except eng. and fr.?! Is

there andy possibility for me to add another?

Thanks for your work ... kind regards. zero

Well ... First: Thank you very mutch mac.nub!

As i saw this thread, written by a 19 years young guy, who has very honourable attitudes and motives

to create this release ... impressive and very nice to see. :(

Only one question: Is it right, that you stripped out all other langs, except eng. and fr.?! Is

there andy possibility for me to add another?

Thanks for your work ... kind regards. zero

I want to know that too, because I want to install it in Spanish.

Thanks

Thanks mac.nub, i bought a ide hdd and then found that i couldnt even run osx86 on my computer but you have exactly the same system as me (the one with the 88800gts) and now I can run it :(

Well I say the same. Could you tell me if it will run on:

XFX 8800GTS 640mb

Asus P5N-E Sli 680i Mobo

2gb Ram 1066mhz

E6750 @2.7ghz

Vista in RAID on 2x 160gb SATA HD

and the OSX on 1x 80gb IDE HD

Hopefully it will install smoothly and I can dual boot with Vista. Hopefully it will automatically show on the boot menu. If you care to post me a dvdrip (i will pay lol) I will upload it and/or seed it

I'd suggest using VMWare to install it directly to the disk and then using EasyBCD to add it to the Vista Bootloader. This way you don't accidently wipe out your Vista install.

Hi all,

To those that have the files, could you please seed? I'm only getting max 10k/sec download ... :star_smile:

Thanks all, and to mac.nub for this release, looking forward to installing ...

I've been downloading since this morning. Started at 4KB/s, worked up to 160KB/s and increasing. Will seed as long as I can, but I can only do so much with a 1Mbit upstream.

Hey mac.nub. I've been in the osx86 scene in and out a bit. The last build I tried was 10.4.8.

I have an Inspiron 6000 (1.6 GHz Pentium M, 2 GB DDR2-5300, ATi 64 MB X300 GFX). I was wondering if the ATi drivers have been fixed in your build. I had to use callisto and did not have external monitor support for my laptop.

Do you know if they work?

Thanks for all your work.