Official mac.nub 10.4.10 Intel ONLY x86 Install DVD v1, Rev. 5 [EN] - Discussion Thread

mac.nub

722 posts in this topic

That's amazing. I'm happy for your progress, mac.nub! Leopard on your laptop makes me want to find an ispiron 6400 or the 1520 (which is similar but has the same graphics card as the Macbook pros ( a good thing?) ). You're a talent. I thank you for your hard work.

~Keck

rschultz101 - Glad you like the progress so far :) and haha, I can imagine that would be expensive :P oh, and Leopard has a kext called "AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext" so I would imagine it supports GMA x3100.

Slip Kid - I do indeed. And sometimes it takes quite a while to do so with the ammount of questions asked each day!

macgirl - GMA 950 works, Wireless (DW 1500) works, Sound works - after deleting a few files and then replacing some, LAN (BCM440x) is not detected by default, I have not tried replacing the IONetworking family kext yet. I have yet to have any type of kernel panic... CPUs=1 is still needed for correct operation. All the apps I have tried have worked. CS3 Suite requires a patched SMBIOS.kext as it did under Tiger.

keckmatd - Cheers!

Hara Taiki - Maybe at some point, no promises though!

~mac.nub

Hey Mac.nub,

thanks for your detailed reply, you rock ;)

hope it gets released soon!

For those asking where it will be released, assume it will be on a demon, and maybe in a bay....[it was sad seeing the pig die :s] someone will probably mirror it to something that shares very rapidly

greets,

Thanks again mac.nub

*hope to see a leopard release from you too!*

nub: your leo screenshot says you've got zero processors and one core on a core 2 duo. at least _something's_ still off. ;) can you test whether both cores are actually working? or does activity monitor, for example, really show you no active processors with one core? ;)

Directed at half of these last posts:

Stop acting like vultures. Wow, get some manners. You don't ask people who are doing your favors to hurry up. Seriously, internet "anonymity" doesn't give you freedom to be a jerk. Stop asking him questions he's answered, and actually read his first post. And, stop demanding he release as if he "owes" you something.

~Keck

em500 - It's unlikely, as I now have Leopard installed on both my Hackintosh's.

keckmatd - Cheers!

fryke - Still only works with CPUS=1 - which is why it shows the weird processor amount.

@others - In the UK the countdown timer still has 3 hours, 20 mins to go.

Anyway, that's the latest it will be released by... i've got a rather bad case of the Flu at the moment, which has led to delays in me doing anything about it yet today.

Oh, and this was posted from Leopard :blink:

~mac.nub

em500 - It's unlikely, as I now have Leopard installed on both my Hackintosh's.

keckmatd - Cheers!

fryke - Still only works with CPUS=1 - which is why it shows the weird processor amount.

@others - In the UK the countdown timer still has 3 hours, 20 mins to go.

Anyway, that's the latest it will be released by... i've got a rather bad case of the Flu at the moment, which has led to delays in me doing anything about it yet today.

Oh, and this was posted from Leopard :blink:

~mac.nub

ha ..you're not allowed to be sick today :D

MAC.nub, I think you are from the UK, so if you have the same flu that everyone else has had recently then we won't see your release for at least 5 days

I had this flu last week and it's a killer. Let's give Mac.nub a break and let him release this in his own good time. I know we are excited but "Good things come to those who wait!"

Perhaps while we are waiting we could go and read some other posts and maybe learn how to build a hackintosh DVD ourselves.

Get well soon Mac.nub

Jason

Perhaps while we are waiting we could go and read some other posts and maybe learn how to build a hackintosh DVD ourselves.

blasphemy! hehehe ...i've been watching osx86 for the last couple of years and managed to wait till now ..another 5 days certainly won't kill ME. can't speak for the rest of the mob though.

Jason - Cheers :D - unfortunately I think i'l likely to be ill that long too tha way things are going.

It will be released today, via Torrent by 6PM GMT on various private and public trackers.

However today it is likely to be only released by torrent... if you want it via rapidshare, you'll have to wait a few days.

Details will be posted when they are available - Do not PM me asking, I will not even bother to reply!

~mac.nub