*** GeForce 8800 G80 ONLY - Easy Installer & Tutorial ***

mac.nub

316 posts in this topic

gabrielbcn, for your current implementation of your leopard setup with that 8800gts, do you have to use the dvi -> vga adapter? meaning do you HAVE to use vga with that card? i remember reading somewhere that it was necessary (at least in its current driver implementation), but i haven't seen enough info to confirm or deny that.

thanks!

gabrielbcn, for your current implementation of your leopard setup with that 8800gts, do you have to use the dvi -> vga adapter? meaning do you HAVE to use vga with that card? i remember reading somewhere that it was necessary (at least in its current driver implementation), but i haven't seen enough info to confirm or deny that.

thanks!

I've got the main monitor with a DVI connector and the second one with a DVI->VGA adapter... and the first one works perfectly without connecting the second.

DVI has always worked flawlessly. It was the VGA one that used to have to be hotplugged before 0.1.4. Not anymore.

So I'm pretty sure it works whatever you have.

And there's still the new EFI to try! but I'm a bit lazy about that now that everything works ok.

:D

i just got myself an XFX 8800GTS 640MB XXX edition. tried the efi_v6.0 that supports gf8800gts and here's the result:

post-65600-1196195575_thumb.png

deleted the natit.kext & nvinjet. so, i guess it's running with the native nvidia driver.

txt & gfx look sharper & GUI is more responsive compared to the previous one.

but looks like not running on the primary DVI (the one closes to the board).

will do some further testing...

i just got myself an XFX 8800GTS 640MB XXX edition. tried the efi_v6.0 that supports gf8800gts and here's the result:

post-65600-1196195575_thumb.png

deleted the natit.kext & nvinjet. so, i guess it's running with the native nvidia driver.

txt & gfx look sharper & GUI is more responsive compared to the previous one.

but looks like not running on the primary DVI (the one closes to the board).

will do some further testing...

What do you mean? didn't it work in both outputs then?

thanks a lot :blush:

I need confirmation from developers that GTX 768MB cards working please. so far I read a few threads that were posted with the questions regarding GTX 768MB and no answers. can anyone please confirm. If I had this card installed I would just test myself, but I am about to check out from newegg with the GTX 768MB card and I need to be absolutely sure I am not wasting my money?

I have Intel 955XBK MoBo, Intel CPU, and about to buy PNY GTX 768MB video card , Leo with efi v5 and ToH kernel

Help me please! I installed this, v1.1 I made sure to check only my graphics card and the amd nvidia hotfix thing. My graphics card is a 8800 gts 320. I reboot and it works fine upto the part where it should log me in but instead i get a black screen with: darwin/BSD (dec-illing-computer.local) (console) login:

so i type exit and hit enter then it starts to load up in the correct resolution (yay) with the normal login window, i type my password then hit log in and it comes up with a blue screen and the revolving (loading) dots then it goes back to the black screen with: darwin/BSD (dec-illing-computer.local) (console) login:

so what do i do ^_^

please help.

I got an eVGA 8800 GTS 640M. in Leopard (BrazilMac's installed method), it only detects 256M for the 8800 GTS, is there a way to get it to recognize all 640M? Do I need to go the PC-EFI route in order for this to happen?

Also, are there any negative side effects running it with 256M, besides less video memory?

No, this only works for 8800GTX and 8800GTS... No other 8x00 series cards are supported.. And next time, read the first post in the thread, it is clearly written there ;)

Installed on Leopard with 8500GT 512 mb all it did was change Vram from 32mb to 768mb.. No changing resolution

Quite happy with my new XFX 8800 GTS 640MB Alpha Dog Edition

Sadly though, doesnt seem to be supported in EFI v8... Someone installed a "regular" GTS 640 with semi success (had to redetect monitors at each reboot)

Can anyone shed some light on that?

TorqueX86

NVinject is not a driver, is more like an enabler to make NVidia Drivers (kexts) think you have a valid NVidia card.

That was my initial assumption, until I saw the filesize - considerably bigger than some alternatives.

I may try the 8800 640 bootloader and compare xbench results - and report back my findings of course :blink:

quick question I downloaded the installer from http://www.macdotnub.info/downloads.php and when the installer came up I clicked on the Amd nforce fix and my graphics card memory 320mb and then I insall it. After I reboot I get a kernel panic.

My system specs: amd 6000+x2, asus crosshair NVIDIA nForce 590 SLI MCP, evga 8800gts superclocked 320 mb video card.

should I try not clicking on the nforce fix and just click on the 320 mb NVinject version??

-Stang

Installed on Leopard with 8500GT 512 mb all it did was change Vram from 32mb to 768mb.. No changing resolution

As I said, no support for other graphics card's, only 8800 GTS and GTX (in fact, only G80 cards, which leaves out some GTS's as well..)

And sorry to say it like this, read the complete thread BEFORE asking questions which already have been answered...

(oh yes, you installed wrong NVInject, should have installed the 512 MB kext.. you installed the kext for 768MB Vram kext..)

Intel E6850

Gigabyte P35-DS3P

XFX 320MB 8800GTS (PVT80GGHD4)

I was able to install from the ToH RC2 DVD without a hitch. I patched to 10.5.1 and then installed the AppleHDA inject to get my sound working. My onboard NIC worked out of the box. I have used this easy installer and am now able to change resolutions. Here is the output of my System Profiler.

G80 GeForce 8800 GTS:

Chipset Model: G80 GeForce 8800 GTS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 320 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0193

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: NVinject G80 series 0.0.10c

Displays:

Display Connector:

DPro 2070SB:

Resolution: 1600 x 1200 @ 100 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Software

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Not Supported

Any idea how I can get QE/CI to work? I have edited the files and changed IOPCI match to 0x019300a2.

No word on res changing or extra display (without hot plug) for the G80 installer? Anyone working on this basic functionality. Really happy with the driver so far, though it's is just short of working fully.

Both are supported with NVinject, you should be able to make them work with the available metadriver. (I do have both too)

Best regards

I just wanted to report my success using a 320mb XFX 8800 GTS PCI Express video card. It works under NVinject 1.5 as well as using macdotnub's experimental installer (with 320mb selected). Machine specs are 24" Dell LCD, Intel Bad Axe 2 board, Q6600 quad proc, and 8 gigs of ram. Couldn't be happier!

Thanks for the great thread! :D