*** GeForce 8800 G80 ONLY - Easy Installer & Tutorial ***

mac.nub

316 posts in this topic

Thanks mac.nub,

looks like it is working. but the system profiler still does not show QE enabled and CI hardware based. I can see its working because before I was not able to play any movies in quicktime, but now they are playable. Is there any other way I can make sure that I have QE/CI.

Thank again for your help.

never mind on my next reboot the system profiler correctly showed QE enabled and CI as hardware accelerated. thanks a millions mac.nub. your a genius.

Does anybody know if the 8800GTS with 112 SP work with this methode? The card still uses the G80 the only difference is the 112 SP. I can find a deal with this card (in stock) and would like to know if it has the potential to work.

Hi Mac.nub i have leo running with my G80 evga8800GTS, this are my details:

GeForce 8800 GTS:

Chipset Model: GeForce 8800 GTS

Type: Display

Bus: PCIe

PCIe Lane Width: x16

VRAM (Total): 320 MB

Vendor: NVIDIA (0x10de)

Device ID: 0x0193

Revision ID: 0x00a2

ROM Revision: NVinject 0.1.3

Displays:

Display Connector:

SyncMaster:

Resolution: 1680 x 1050 @ 60 Hz

Depth: 32-bit Color

Core Image: Hardware Accelerated

Main Display: Yes

Mirror: Off

Online: Yes

Quartz Extreme: Supported

Rotation: Supported

when i insatalled the card for first time it was not recognized and it says ram 32mb, after that i installed with the easy installer 0.1.3 for LEO selected 320 mb and everytheng went fine, now its runnin nearly perfect, but i have these SERIOUS issues:

1. Front Row 2 doesnt fade into black when clicked it jsut jump into black.

2. when is zoom in in the window (CTRL + mouse wheel) and pan around its not smooth as it was with my 7900GS.

3. And VERY IMPORTANT, Apple MOTION from Final Cut Studio Freezees the screen after some 20 secs+- of video preview play. After that the only solution is reboot the system.

4- Cannot assign any Display profile to the screen, in the COLOR section, its broken, doesn't take effect.

My question is, the DevID of my machine Video card is supported in you injector? and do i need to put my dev id somewhere?

My Comp:

ASUS p5WDH DELUXE 4GB ram Quadcore 2.44 runnig at 3.07

Thansk in advance

Sorry if this has already been asked but I haven't found anything about how I can see if a Geforce 8800 GTS has G80 or G92, as I would like to buy me a new card but when I look i.e. at eBay there are no informations about that in the item description.

Are all 8800 GTS 320 MB Versions with G80?

Hey everyone,

I just got ToH Leopard to install, but I am having trouble with my 8800GTS 640 Mb on my 680i mobo. I ran mac.nub's installer with the AMD/nforce fix and the NVInject 640 selected. However, when I reboot I still only have 1024 x 768 res and no QE/CI. My device id is 0193. Here is a screen shot of System Profiler:

8800gtsjm6.png

I read somewhere that you must make sure that the nvinject is completely removed before you install it. Is this true, and if so how do I remove it. Thanks!

EDIT: Ok I fixed it. In order to boot up for the first time I had to remove NVDAResman.kext. However, that kext was essential to get this driver working. I got the stock kext from my Leo.dmg file and placed it in my extensions folder. ran the installer and rebooted, and it works great.

Here is another interesting thing I found during startup in verbose mode. The most interesting line is this:

NVinject: Setting VRAM,totalsize=<data not shown>

Here is a pic I took of the screen:

img0025vk6.th.jpg

Is this normal? Anyone have any ideas? Is there a file that I can manually type in the amount of VRAM I have? thanks

3. And VERY IMPORTANT, Apple MOTION from Final Cut Studio Freezees the screen after some 20 secs+- of video preview play. After that the only solution is reboot the system.

Any other heavy Final Cut Studio users having any problems with the 8800?

Also what do the benchmarks look like vs the 7XXX cards?

Hi, I would like to know if it's normal that my BFG 8800 GTS 320 Mo OC2 is described as "Unknow NVidia" in the system profiler ? I used the last NVinject and choose only 320 Mo. My mobo is P35C-DS3R, C2D E6600.

Other than that it seems to work well, even I don't really know how to test it. :lol:

picture1cu1.png

Well.. I read all pages of this topic and my mind is gonna blow... Can someone advice if

" Sparkle 8800GTS 320 MB GDDR III 320 bit D10x SF-PX88GTS -320 PCI-E x16 SLI "

graphics card can work out of box / or with help of this patch both in Tiger and Leopard? Here is also a link for the card:

http://dfsbilgisayar.com/asp/listgroup.asp...group=OEMVGAPCE

I am planning to buy this card; if its working in Leo and Tiger.

Thanks for your further help and advices.

Trance2007

Just tried this and its not working on an 8800 ultra with DEVID 0194 in leopard. I kept the NVDANV50 file and editted that along with the geforce.kext and nvdaresman.kext with the devid 0194. But it doesn't work. I get the display error like someone did on the board and im using a dvi monitor. Any ideas, are there any ultra users here at all? Now I'm reverting back to 10.4.10 to see if I can get it going there.

andyph666

Well.. I read all pages of this topic and my mind is gonna blow... Can someone advice if

" Sparkle 8800GTS 320 MB GDDR III 320 bit D10x SF-PX88GTS -320 PCI-E x16 SLI "

graphics card can work out of box / or with help of this patch both in Tiger and Leopard? Here is also a link for the card:

http://dfsbilgisayar.com/asp/listgroup.asp...group=OEMVGAPCE

I am planning to buy this card; if its working in Leo and Tiger.

Thanks for your further help and advices.

Trance2007

I have the same and work very fine!

Sweet! It works. What I did was install the Macnub 10.4.10 disk with the defaults + the stuff for my graphics card and the nforce module. I couldn't boot at first. So I did what most people here did:

(I dont remember the name of the NVDA10Hal.kext)

(Go into safe mode by pressing F8 in bootup and then enter -s)

You should be able to write in the terminal now.

Write this below:

sbin/mount -uw /

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA10HAL.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA20HAL.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA30HAL.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA40HAL.kext

Now set all of the IOPCIMATCH to x019410de or whatever your card is to the files below.

sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/NVDA50Hal.kext

sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/GeForce.kext

sudo pico /System/Library/Extensions/NVResman.kext

reboot

And if you get the display probe error: Switch the dvi cable to the other port.

Im on a Evga 680i A1, Evga 8800 ultra KO edition, Ide hdd and dvd drive, 4 gb ram, G520+ rev b, All working now. Thanks macnub!

Now to try to update to Leopard

Final Cut Users please anyone using 8800.. mine works perfect except with Apple Motion it Hangs the screen Badly

PD interesting enough i changed the DVI port so its now using -like first screen- and now everything works smoothly......

So changing the port fixed the hang?

Yes, I would also like others to report back with apps success like iDVD, Final Cut, etc. Should we maybe create another thread somewhere else for this?

I thought I should let you know my experience. Using latest 0.1.3 version in Leopard didn't work properly (see my sig for hw details). It always detected 128 Mb instead of the real 256, and video performance was really poor.

So I went back to old good 0.1.1 and even when it is not labeled as Leopard compatible it's been working flawlessly (so far), and with a noticeable speed improvement.

post-6945-1195653261_thumb.jpg

Now everything works perfect BUT i just run an xbenxh test and OMG its soo low in opengl that you can run circles around the computer

whats happening!!!

usig EFI Leo 10.5.1 vanilla,upgraded with software update

8800 GTS 320 mb

Quadcore 2.4 ghz running at 3.07 ghz

Asus P%W DH Deluxe 4gb ram

Everything seems ok, except for the benchmarked speed...