*** GeForce 8800 G80 ONLY - Easy Installer & Tutorial ***

mac.nub

316 posts in this topic

Hi all

I have to put pen to paper (Or fingers to keys) to say a huge!! thanks for this file for leopord, I have a BFG 8800 GTS 640mb and it works perfectly with this card although I nearly gave up when it was booting back up after installing as the OS was taking ages to load so I went away to siphon the python and low and behold when I got back it was there in 1920x1200 on my 27" Dell monitor in millions of colours.

Many Many Thanks and keep up the great work

Charlie

please bear in mind after install and reboot it may take upto 5 mins to reboot with the Mac logo on the screen

• 4 weeks later...

I have installed Leo4Allv2 and all seems to be working video wise except my resolutions. I have an 8800GTS 640MB and everything boots up, I am in the OS and have video, but I only have 1024x768 as a resolution and would like to change it. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hello,

I'm using a MSI 8800 Ultra OC in my Hackintosh, recognized perfectly (with both NVinject and EFI strings): I can change change and I got hardware accelerated CI & QE.

I ran OpenGL Extension Viewer and I noticed that the OpenGL 2.1 test is not rendered correctly (see the screenshot attached, the fractal animation on the surface of the cube is corrupted). This was perfectly working with my old X1950XT, and I think this explains some glitches I noticed in Doom 3.

Does someone encountered the same problem and knows how to solve it ? I've tried everything: all versions of NVinject, EFI strings, fresh reinstall of Leopard (10.5.0 and 10.5.2, with and without graphic update), 10.5.3 beta kext, etc.

My configuration: Leopard 10.5.2 (all updates done) with PC EFI 8, Gigabyte GA-X35-DS4, MSI 8800 Ultra OC.

Thanks!

post-29339-1209030481_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Hey Guys, what do i do with the .kext file once i have extracted it. I tryed copying it into \system\library\extensions\ however it just pops up with an error on reboot.

Is there some kind of software I need to get this to work as some kind of installer?

hi to all... i'm italian and i dont speak english well.

i try to explicit my problem:

i have a 8800 gts 320 Asus (G80) and evrey leo try to install have a problem whit nvinject. the qe-ci is working but evry window i open have a glass effect like this

immagine1ck4.th.png

my pc:

Athlon 64 3500+

Asus A8N SLI

2gb Ram

GeForce Asus 8800 gts 320mb

• 3 weeks later...

Hi. I tried to install this driver for my Point Of View 8800 GT 512 Mb (connected with HDMI cable) but something goes wrong. During the boot the system give some error to me. And when Leopard start i can't change the screen resolution. What can I try to do? thanks a lot

• 4 weeks later...

I am not sure if this topic is still being supported with someone that can answer question but I will try anyway.

I tried the installed as I have a Go 7900 GS 512mb card.

It seemed to work ok,

However on reboot I get a black screen with one stationary mouse and another which i can move.

I can book in safe mode with -x and the graphics look great and it recognises everything including the 512mb bit.

Can any shed some light on why i get a black screen?

If no how can i delete or undue what i have done?

Thanks in advance.

I dont know what you people are talking about "The installer for 8800 gtx"?I went to that link you provided in your first post mac.noob and all i get is that APPLESMBIOS.kextwhere is the installer to get the nvidia 8800 gtx working?i tried asking on other thread and search but nothing nada and no one even want to answer me.BTW this search function on this forum is quite lame i had to use google to search for stuff in this forum.Anyhelp would be appreciated.MY specs:ASus Striker Extreme CPU 6600 at 3Ghz4 Gig RAMVideo cars are SLi Nvidia Geforce 8800 GTX (2 cards)

Hey Guys, what do i do with the .kext file once i have extracted it. I tryed copying it into \system\library\extensions\ however it just pops up with an error on reboot.Is there some kind of software I need to get this to work as some kind of installer?
USe KextHelper it will install it for you.
Hello,I'm using a MSI 8800 Ultra OC in my Hackintosh, recognized perfectly (with both NVinject and EFI strings): I can change change and I got hardware accelerated CI & QE.I
hi i am a typical gal - what is EFI and CI and QE mean? and how do i find out if my cards is enabled and Leopard could see it?
Hello,I'm using a MSI 8800 Ultra OC in my Hackintosh, recognized perfectly (with both NVinject and EFI strings): I can change change and I got hardware accelerated CI & QE.I
hi i am a typical gal - what is EFI and CI and QE mean? and how do i find out if my cards is enabled and Leopard could see it?

sorry bout the repeat this forum is very lagggy and slow...

Installer for the 8800GTX? The base Geforce kexts are included in the Kalyway 10.5.2 build. You can use the NVinject.kext and modify the Info.plist in the kext to set the VRAM size to 768mb by changing the value to 0x30. I highly recomend dumping the injector and using EFI strings via EFIStudio to configure the card.

EFI -Extensible Firmware Interface - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

CI - Core Image (graphics framework for OSX, can be software or hardware accelerated as it should be with 8800gtx)

QE - Quartz Extereme (OpenGL hardware accelerated rendering)

Take a look at this post for more info and how to overcome the CI:QE problem if you upgrade to 10.5.3/10.5.4: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=820043

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...

need ur advice abt NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB

this VGA card suitable to setup mac on pc andgood for editing programs ?

NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GTS 320MB 320 bit

GV-NX88S320H-B-RH

http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Products/VGA/Pr...?ProductID=2463

i found it as used and ll hv it

but dt know if it's good for setup mac on pc

and good in programs like that

final cut

adobe after effects

motion color

Maya

wt's advantages and disadvantages of card ?

plz need ur advice really

and how to test it b4 buying ?

00457114.jpg