*** GeForce 8800 G80 ONLY - Easy Installer & Tutorial ***

mac.nub

316 posts in this topic

First off, I'd just like to say great work mac.nub, I've installed using the 10.4.10 DVD and it works like a charm.

I downloaded the 8800 Easy Installer, and everything looked like it was working. Then I tried to start World of Warcraft, and I got a black screen.

I checked the profiler and it only found 256MB of RAM on the graphics card, despite that I chose the 768MB option during install (my graphics card is a 8800GTX).

I'm sure it's answered somewhere on this forum, or maybe even this thread, but I just haven't been able to find the info I need.

Anyone got an idea what I should do?

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Attached a screenshot of the profiler.

post-62576-1197491832_thumb.png

Flurry works even on VESA mode, so no reference there.

I shall be more precise:

- Loading most of the slideshow-based-effect screensavers will crash System Preferences.app

- Flurry works and is clearly accelerated

- In iPhoto there is no crashing while doing slideshows with animated, random, transitions

You need to be more specific than that, I mean, which specs you have, could be a cpuid issue, or relate to the OS version, etc.

Opteron 165 AMD Box on a DFI SLI DR NF4 SLI Mobo, OSX86 10.4.8 AMD TEST1 updated to 10.4.9 via TubGirl's Delta Update.

Kernel: Darwin Kernel Version 8.9.1: Thu Apr 1 20:55:00 PST 2007; netkas,semthex,oui:O.o/back to USSR_I386

Before installing the graphic drivers the screensaver worked (in .8, I didn't try in .9 without drivers).

The main question was, is it me that is having these issues or is it a common thing?

Hi, I Installed g80 package from MAC.NUB (selected the 320mb, no amd patch...) but still not working..

If I hotplug my monitor once I see a blue screen

If I hotplug my monitor twice I can see GUI at correct resolution but the system is frozen...can't do anything ..

If I don't hotplug I have a blank screen.

I'm on 10.4.10 (installed jas 10.4.8, updated to 10.4.9 and then to 10.4.10)

My spec:

Mboard ASUS P5K-E WIFI AP EDITION - CPU INTEL E6850 - Graphics GEFORCE 8800 gts 320MB - Monitor SAMSUNG 226bw (i use DVI cable).

Any Ideas?

P.S. I'm a real noob at osx....so.....

P.P.S. Sorry for my english, not my mother language.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi, i have a 8800GTS 640MB, which worked right out of the box, but the System says only 256MB of Videoram.

Now i took your tutorial, but it didnt work... I have Leopard (Kalyway). E6750, 2GB, Asus P5K-E, everthing working fine.

Greetings and thanks for help.

Hi, i have a 8800GTS 640MB, which worked right out of the box, but the System says only 256MB of Videoram.

Now i took your tutorial, but it didnt work... I have Leopard (Kalyway). E6750, 2GB, Asus P5K-E, everthing working fine.

Greetings and thanks for help.

hi - any success - i´ve the same problem - I think it´s because I have probalbly two versions of nvinject - the first came with the k...way leo installation - how to remove it? any suggestions?

hello

I have one question.....

I can't install Leo on my PC....

I have AMD Athlon64 3700+, GF 6600GT TDH EXtreme, 2x1Gb DDR400, 200GB MAxtor, MBO - Epox 9NPA+ SLi

now, the problem started here....when I boot the DVD, all goes ok untill i stops on some stupid message :

says that FireWire can't be (something), setting up to full-security

ok

I press Enter an the next message stops on  my screen forever

here's the picture of this...

I have waited for hal na horur, and nothing happend :(

post-169727-1199556373_thumb.jpg

can you please tell me what to do...

i've downloaded MAc os X from Rapidshare.....the file is named:

/toh_x86_9a581_rc2_upload_by_bedok.part01.rar - part42.rar

• 3 weeks later...

Hello Mac. Nub,

I have a different issue. I perfectly can install any release of osx86 and after successull install and resart I get a msg asking me to restart the machine.

I've searched around and the word out there is that this is because of Hardware (mostly its my graphics card)

during the last install of Jas ppf1 & ppf2 I've checking sys info and I found the following for graphics cad

Bus PCIe

VRAM 32

Vendor Nvidia (0X10de)

Device ID 0X0191

Revision ID 0X0092

no kext loaded

can this issue be fixed or there is no way for me to install osx86 on my machine?!?!?!

Machine specs

Evga 680 SLI Mobo

120 GB IDE HD

LG IDE DVD

4 GB Ram

Geforce 8800 GTX 768

Hi

I have installed your drivers and the work great, they mean i can change the resolution of my display.

But when i go into the system profiller, i look in the graphics tab and qe says its supoorted, I am using leopard, does supported mean enabled?

Is there a way i can test whether qe is working???

If not is there anyway i can make it say enabled in the system profiller.

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Im really stuck. Ive tried everything to get my 8800GTX to run on leopard and tiger but none of the soloutions i can find here work. NVINJECT doesnt work. Punk92 installer doesnt work. Mac.nubs esay installer doesnt work.

I think its becuase my card has an id of 0x191 - its an nvidia OEM card which means its not made by a third party, its straight from nvidia! ive tried manually editing the kext's (using plist edit and installing the kexts with kext helper) as suggested everywhere, but every time i get NVDAResman kernal panics, and end up deleting and replacing with the originals and starting again.

Doesn anyone have a clue how i can get this to work? im running Kalyway btw.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I 'm Korean. So I can't English very well...

First, I'm thanks to 'Mac.nub'. but I can install it to my laptop. Because My VGA has 128MB Graphic Memory.

I can't choose 128MB VGA option. :(

I'm using XxX Mac OS X 10.4.10.

How can I install this Graphic Driver to My laptop?? My laptop is LG Electronics XNOTE R405 SP71K