a little birdie tweets - 9A559

ukp

1,058 posts in this topic

The Finder window adjusts vertically based on the height of the sidebar or the height of the content viewed, whichever is taller. Horizontally, it adjusts based on the width of the content you are viewing. For instance, if you are in column view and are 5 columns in, the finder window will accommodate to the width.

So is that the same behaviour as in Tiger then?

It seems last build is 9A567 ... is it true ?

If it is true, I hope they fix Safari downloads as this is a glaring problem.

As reported earlier in this thread and others, there is a huge probability that Safari will hang up during downloading of files. And when it happens, no further data transfer is possible (e.g. loading web pages) until quit and relaunched.

I use Firefox for downloads these days.

If it is true, I hope they fix Safari downloads as this is a glaring problem.

As reported earlier in this thread and others, there is a huge probability that Safari will hang up during downloading of files. And when it happens, no further data transfer is possible (e.g. loading web pages) until quit and relaunched.

I use Firefox for downloads these days.

I have not experienced this problem yet

Does Dashboard load any quicker in Leopard? Even on my Core2Duo 2Ghz MacBook it can take a few seconds to fully load with the 3 notes, 2 weather widgets and the translation widget.
Seems about the same as Tiger on my MacBook Pro.

My Dashboard loads slightly faster in Leopard. But the real improvement is that I noticed as Dashboard is loading, it feels like nothing else is effected in my system. Before, Dashboard would bring everything to a grinding halt as it loaded.

My Dashboard loads slightly faster in Leopard. But the real improvement is that I noticed as Dashboard is loading, it feels like nothing else is effected in my system. Before, Dashboard would bring everything to a grinding halt as it loaded.

I was just about to ask that, thanks :):angel:

I totally agree, Dashboard on Tiger is so laggy and just sucks our ram, i'm sure there was spot for improvement.

Has any one looked into the possibility that the Safari DL problem may be related only the version of 9A559 installed re-packed and seeded by Ayanami?

Is it possible to take a poll of those with / without the issue and which version they have; Ayanami's or an actual "legit" Apple seed?

Curious as the talk of the town is that this 9A559 is the GM...yet this problem exists for many people.

....and what IS the deal with 9A567? is that an unofficial, or internal to Apple number or what?

Has any one looked into the possibility that the Safari DL problem may be related only the version of 9A559 installed re-packed and seeded by Ayanami?

Is it possible to take a poll of those with / without the issue and which version they have; Ayanami's or an actual "legit" Apple seed?

Curious as the talk of the town is that this 9A559 is the GM...yet this problem exists for many people.

....and what IS the deal with 9A567? is that an unofficial, or internal to Apple number or what?

The Safari download problem exists with the ADC downloaded build 9A559.

9A559 is not GM, 9A581 is. 9A567 was just another internal build that was never released externally.

I just wish Apple would make it EASY for people to modify the look of their computer to their own styles. I understand the necessity for inexperienced users and Apple wanting a basic design, but why not make it available to others who want to change it.

Yeah, customization of it couldn't be that difficult for them to include... Would be a nice thing in a Leo update at some point :D To be honest, brushed metal combined with the traffic light buttons is quite a UI prettiness... certainly one of the most standing-out things for a generic user, a potential switcher etc. I mean, it can't feel that old ;) I understand, though, that with frequent use it can get kind of 'heavy' or tiring, all those thick borders and whatnot.