Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.3 thread

Panja

793 posts in this topic

well, i tried the install, and everything seemed ok, but when i tried to boot, i only see the all black screen with the blinking cursor at the top left. I installed with 10.4.9 amd, and tried with universal 3 kernel, and tried with amd sse3 kernel.

my config is as follows:

amd athlon 64 3200+ Venice w/ sse2 and sse3 support

1.5 gb ram

WD 20gb HD

asus k8vb mobo socket 754

via k8t800 chipset

ati radeon x800 pro/gto w/ 256 gddr3 in 8x agp slot

any suggestions? Rogue, you've got a similiar board and cpu, how did the install go for you?

Ok, i installed 1.3 fine execpt it only works in SAFEBOOT -x , anyways so i did a -v and it gets stuck right after it gets done with the USB stuff and it says "still waiting for Root Devices" .. is this b/c of my 512mb video card (NO b/c its found in about my mac agp 512mb nforce 6800) what is this problem.. someone please LEAVE ME A PRIVATE MSG or EMAIL ME AT rp4000@gmail.com

I hope the 1.3 DVD works out well for most people. For me, it's only a tiny bit better than 1.2, and both of them are a step backwards from the Jas 10.4.8 packages.

Hardware: Dell Inspiron 8600: Dothan Pentium M, Intel 855PM (ICH4) chipset, NV Fx5200 video, Broadcom440x Ethernet, Dell Truemobile 1450 mini-PCI wireless.

1) the boot up stall after the ACPI statement (at Buffers=4096) is still there, unless I boot from the DVD.

2) the kernels (I tried three of them, SSE2, Universal 1, and Universal 3), seem to be mismatched with basic system kexts, IOPCIFamily.kext, in particular, which won't load, and all the networking, sound, and video kexts for the chipset and peripherals of my laptop. I'll be curious to see if anyone else with a Dell laptop manages to get sound, QE/CI, wired and wireless networking to a functional state.

I tried installing with and without the various 10.4.8 versions (AppleACPIPlatform, AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement) , with and without Azalea Audio, and USB support, with Titan and with Natit, and it doesn't make any difference. After the kernel is jettisoned, I get load link errors for AppleAC97Audio, IntelAudio, NVDanv30Hal, IONetworkingFamily, IO80211Family. IOPCIFamily doesn't load, Titan and Natit never get a chance to load. There's also still a load link error for AppleAirport2. In addition to the load link errors, the error messages complain that the wrong versions of these files are requested. This is before I attempt any substitutions. IOPCIFamily doesn't load.

The screenshot below shows the kexts that actually do load, when I boot up from the DVD, before making any substitutions.

I did some additional playing around with Pacifist. I discovered that after using Pacifist to install the 10.4.8 version of IOPCIFamily.kext and IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.6, the Dell Truemobile 1450 card was recognized as Airport Extreme (as in older OSX versions), but I was unable to get sound or supervga video to work no matter which older kexts I tried. After I dropped in an older version of IONetworkingFamily.kext, the system reported a PCI Slot Ethernet Card at en2, instead of "Built-In Ethernet" at en0. The Truemobile was correctly recognized on en1 -- but only after I switched to the 10.4.8 version of IOPCIFamily.kext.

I'm curious about the fact that when I boot from the DVD to the Installer, System Profiler seems to do a better job of identifying the hardware on the motherboard. It identifies the machine type as ADP 2.1, as previous OSX versions do, and it gets the Networking right. When I boot from one of the selectable 8.9.1 kernels, System Profiler reports the machine type as AMD. I asked this before: what kernel is used to boot to the Installer on the DVD? I have a feeling that that's the kernel I should select for the operating system.

I suspect that if I really want to try 10.4.9, the best method for this machine is probably to run the Combo update on 10.4.8 and manually add the 8.9.1 kernel, as described in the Genius Bar procedures.

But in the meantime, I'll seed the 1.3 DVD for awhile to help other people out.

post-23504-1181542092_thumb.jpg

I can't seem to boot the installed OS too.

I tried different customization options but upon the completion of the installation and reboot, the screen just stayed at blank with a white underscore flashing on the top left corner.

It's a DELL D620 (C2D) laptop, I've even tried *only* installing the base system will the kernel (tried both SSE3 and Universal), no luck. :D

Anyone have any ideas?

uphuck,

i downloaded and installed 10.4.9 v1.2 on my old desktop computer i was able to install without any problem but when i restarted the computer it didn't boot, it says boot failure insert system disk. this is the very first time that i've done this.

Soyo P4s Dragon Ultra Mobo

Intel Pentium 4 1.7 GHz Socket 478

NVIDIA RIVA TNT2 64mb

SIS 645 Chipset

on-board ATA 133/ide raid

on-board CMI 8738 6-channel audio chip

10/100 ethernet

2 512mb memory module

is there anything that i could do?

or it's easy if i just buy a new system with the right hardware and install 10.4.9 v1.2 thread

T H A N K S > > > > >

Has anyone an idea why I can't see the webcam off people who are calling me in skype? They can see me and when they start their cam, the window resizes to the acual size off the incoming cam but it just stays black. Is this maybe a common problem with 10.4.9 and AMD?

Hi,

I tried uphuck 10.4.9 v1.3 on the following configurations:

- AMD Ahtlon64 3800+ with NForce MCP61 chipset (Asrock ALive NF6G-DVI mobo, firm 2.10), 1 GB DDR2/667MHz;

- AMD Athlon XP 3200+ with VIA KT600 chipset (Asus A7V600-X mobo, firm 1.09), 1 GB DDR/333 MHz;

- AMD Athlon XP 2200+ with VIA chipset (W6330VMS, firm 3.6), 512 MB RAM;

None of them booted ok. I also tried booting with -x and -F switches -- no success either.

E.g., one of the faults was:

hi mem tramps at 0xffe00000

PAE enabled

non-INTEL boot process

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

vm_page_bootstrap: 255011 free pages

mig_table_max_displ = 71

Local APIC version not 0x14 as expected

Enabling XMM register save/restore and SSE/SSE2 opcodes

ACPI CA 20051117 [debug level=0 layer=0]

AppleACPICPU: ProcessorApicId=0 LocalApicId=0 Enabled

PASSED! ... maximum protection of commpage set ALL

Copyright, bla, bla, bla

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x03 Vectors 023

ACPI: System State [s0 S4 S5] (S0)

ACPI: Button driver prevents system sleep

Apple16X50ACPI1: Identified Serial Port on ACPI Device=UAR1

panic (cpu0 caller 0x001A3129): Unresolved kernel trap (CPU 0, Type 6=invalid opcode), registers:

CR0 0x8001003b CR2: 0x29ed8000 CR3: 0x00ebc000 CR4: 0x000006e0

EAX: 0x29ed9010 EBX: 0x00000007 ECX: 0x00004055 EDX: 0x004b1038

CR2: 0x13d43dd8 ESI: 0x0262b000 EDI: 0x0262b000 EFL: 0x00000000

EIP: 0x29ed29ca CS: 0x29ed69b4 DS: 0x00000010

Debugger called: <panic>

Backtrace Format - Frame: Return Address: (4 potential args on stack)

0x13d43c18: 0x128d1f, bla, bla, bla

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.driver.AppleUSBEHCI(2.6.1)@0x29ec7000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(2.6.1)@0x029d7f000

dependency: com.apple.iokit.IOPCIFamily(2.1)@0x23f93000

com.apple.iokit.IOUSBFamily(2.6.1)@0x29d7f000

Kernel version:

Darwin Kernel Version 8.8.1: Sat Dec 9 22:18:27 AZOT 2006; semthex:/nebukadnezar/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_I386

I can't seem to boot the installed OS too.

I tried different customization options but upon the completion of the installation and reboot, the screen just stayed at blank with a white underscore flashing on the top left corner.

It's a DELL D620 (C2D) laptop, I've even tried *only* installing the base system will the kernel (tried both SSE3 and Universal), no luck. :(

Anyone have any ideas?

That' exactly what happens to me!!!

Any Ideas????

Hey everyone, Uphuck Thanks so much for another updated DVD. I am having a problem though.

First the hardware. Asus P5PE-VM, Intel Core2Duo 2.16 Ghz, Sappire ATI 1600 AGP,2GB ram, and the rest is standard stuff.

Everything works with JAs 10.4.8 DVD . Nuff said there.

When I install I choose intel10.4.9 with any of the 6 intel kernels and with the ATI1X00 and ATI1x00 drivers, the Install goes fine, but then I get the grey spinning apple forever, but then I hear the music for the first setup screens. And voice over assistance works too during that time. If I boot into verbose mode there are no errors, and at the text screen I get the music too.

I have also installed WITHOUT any VGA drivers and I can boot into a basic 1080X764 GUI.

I have also tried with just the Natit 1600 installer and I just get the grey apple. Any ideas anyone?

Much help is appreciated.

What kernel did you choose? I've been trying to install this like 5 times and three times kernel panic and the other 2 blank screen with flashing cursor.

Chevy

My sackintosh is in my sig. I installed : Intel package, Titan, AGPGart1.2, last Universal kernel, 10.4.8 ATA + many apps. First install was kernel panic, then installed again, but again kernel panic, then I deleted appleintelcpumanagement in terminal, restarted and it worked!

Installed uphuck 1.3 in a AMD Athlon 64 without SSE3 using universal kernel 3 an all is ok except the sound card. Great because it installed my nVidia GeForce 7600GS AGP with QE/CI!!

The audio card is a AD1980 inside the Asus K8V-SE. I needed to modify AppleAC97CodecAD198x.kext to insert ADS70.

I also got Cool'n'Quiet working, but the animation slows down and when playing a song is jerky... With this improved I'll switch to hackintosh.

I feel the system faster than 10.4.8 with semthex 8.8.1 kernel.

Great job uphuck!!!

Sorry for my english ;p

First of all, thx to uphuck.

So i dl'ed v1.3 and installed it on my AMD 3000+/Asrock Dual Sata, 300Gb PATA-HDD with an 70 Gb 10.4.8 tubgirl installation. The Disk Util shows my 300 Gb as 128 Gb and killed my 170Gb, NTFS Partion, wich is my 4. Partition on this HDD, every time i installed this release.

My install-option always: universal kernel 3/titan/intel pro

After the 1st: it stopped at 5242 buffers ...

-acpi 10.4.8 patch switched on

after 2nd: it stopped at Login Window Application started

-login window 10.4.4 patch switched on

after 3rd: it stopped add mDNSResponder: Adding browse domain local

-maybe the intel-driver is not working?

Booting after installation stuck with

using 5242 buffer headers and 4096 cluster IO buffer headers

for me and a friend on A8N-SLI Premium (nForce 4). Selected Universal Kernal 3, VIA/SATA and X1600 drivers.

I'm getting all sorts of kernel panics here. Initially it was getting pissy while booting with the most recent Intel SSE3. It was also getting annoyed with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (I'm using an Intel Core 2 Duo so I assumed it'd be okay to roll with). Removing this through the installer and I typically get landed with a panic with GeForce.kext while using either Natit 0.1, Natit 0.2 or Titan.

Lets try without any graphics driver...

Edit:

Ugh, even without selecting any driver I'm still getting a panic:

NVDANV40HAL loaded and registered.

display: family specific matching fails

panic(cpu 0 caller blah): Unresolved kernel trap(CPU 0, Type 14=page fault), registers:

blah

Kernel loadable modules in backtrace (with dependencies):

com.apple.GeForce(4.5.2)

Where can I find a guide to choose which kernel to use? I have the uphuck 10.4.9 disc and tried a couple diff kernels, hangs on the boot after the install is complete when it tries to load the kernel.

dell optiplex 10.4.9

P4 2.4

1024 ram (4x 256 ddr)

dvd rom

TIA

edit:

those trying to burn the .cdr files - even though it's not in the list of recognized formats - alcohol 120 will burn read and burn the image (as will dvd decrypter as someone else mentioned)

So did anyone actually get this to install correctly?

Its working, did reinstall to confirm it, everyting is working for me: ICH5 SATA, Video GeforceFX 5900 (QE,CI), Sound C-Media and SB Live! USB, LAN Realtek, WLAN Broadcom

Kernel installed - (Universal-3)

working:

SATA - 2 Connectors working, 2 NOT (see below what works and not)

IDE - DVD driver working, HDD not tested

USB Ports - all needing, unplug & re-plug, into other port after each reboot [solved installing PCGenUSBEHCI v. 2.6.1a Modified By orByte

Firewire - external working, internal not tested.

OnBoard Ethernet

OnBoard Audio (Sound OUT working 2 chanel stereo and Sound IN "mic" working normally)

apparently is stable, runs fast. Want to thank huphuck, tubgirl and a lot of developers with credits for this OSX86 release.

---------------

Detected issues:

1 - Adobe CS3 Design or Web suite - after install, when launching applications they unexpectedly quit. Solved this way;

• a. Backed up AppleSMBIOS.kext (location ~~/System/Library/Extensions) and replaced it with JaS osx86 10.4.6 AppleSMBIOS.kext as per Adobe CS3 post info here (hXXp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=51717&start=0&p=370655�entry370655) and found here (hXXp://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=1555&st=200&start=200)
  • b. Delected extensions.kextcache and extensions.mkext here (~~/System/Library)
  • c. Repaired Disk Permissions (usually I run also Maintenace Titanium's free software)
  • d. Shutdown
  • e. Reboot :)

2 - Toast Titanium 8 - Same after install. When launching, dock icon starte popping and stops happening nothing (i do NOT know how to solve issue). YES, YES helvetica i know... see... helvetica is ok installed and active... Toast 7 runs nicely. :P

---------------

Com'n people, read, download, install, use and post results honestly. Do your part of the job to show developers how we appreciate their work.

---------------

mobo - ASUS A8V deluxe chipset VIA K8T800Pro & VIA8237.

OnBoard Audio AC'97 Realtek ALC850 8-channel.

OnBoard Firewire Via vt6307.

OnChip SATA SouthBridge (enabled) working both connectors RAID not tested.

OnBoard SATA Promise Controller (not recognized, both connectors used for windows HDD's.

OnBoard Ethernet Marvell 88E8001 Gigabit controller.

CPU - AMD Athlon 64 Processor 3800+ (skt 939).

DVD Driver - LITE-ON DVDRW SHW-16H5S.

Video - NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 (AGP 8x).

HDD - SATA 80 GB Hitachi ExcelStor.

RAM - 1GB DDR2 Kingston (one dimm).

BIOS - updated with 1018 (last beta).