Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

I think I should stay close to title post so:

Tried 1.2 version on a separate partition just to have fun.

First tme , I got problem at 65% on writing files section.The remastered the DVd at slower speed.

Second go I got a fresh 10.4.9 osx installed , right now I can't report exactly if everithing works out of the box smoothly ,but the usual (graphics , sound , keyboard , ethernet , ) does work.

Nevertheless ,I must tell to all of the community a simple consideration: here and there I read too much frequently something that sounds as " you are a noob because.." ;"you are ONLY at you x post so..." :) IMHO it is must considered very boring and childish and not collaborative versus guys and girls who invest their spare time , for helping the community and person like me to get an awesome experience with osx86 project.

I hope everyone pay attention to the concepts I tried to communicate instead to my poor english level :)

That said , last but not least thanks UpHuck for ur job !

EDIT: @AcePlayer , yes on the install procedure u can choice between 4 or more flavours of kernel , even the last one dated on May.

Here are my results, I tested on an Asus A8N-SLI Premium with Athlon 64 FX-55 and an Gigabyte X1600 Pro SilentPipe 2. ALL components are running 100% with myzar's 10.4.7 and some additional patches. I tested the AMD SSE3 and one of the Universal kernal.

- The installation menu is nice and informative. Installation is very fast.

- After reboot the computer starts with the Apple boot logo. Nice, but maybe not so good if you want to check the outputs without entering some commands.

- Installation menu has sound, but no video. Why the hell can anybody fix the language chooser?

- Opening the desktop is no problem, but got error messages 'ATINDRV.kext' and 'ATIRadeonX1000.kext' incorrectly loaded. Had to fix it via terminal, then it's working.

- nForce and Marvell 88E0001 LAN are working fine

- no SATA detected. Had to replace AppleVIAATA.kext with 10.4.7 version

- user defined drive icons on external drives (f.e. USB-stick) are not shown as in 10.4.7

- Quicktime 7.1.3 and iTunes 7 are preinstalled. Everything above Quicktime 7.1.2 is MUCH to slow for AGP systems, watching a movie or DVD is impossible.

- BAD: 'About this Mac' isn't working, the finder resets. System Profiler shows correctly Athlon FX-55 2.61 GHz, all other versions showed 3.7 Ghz, except on installing SSE2 kernel only

- MEGA-BAD: All the time the Disk Utility problem. If you try to restore a harddisk partition, you'll get errors and the partition is destroyed. All images over 10.4.7 had this problem. It's a system internal problem, exchanging the Disk Utility itself won't help. Hope somebody cares about this problem. I've added some screenshots, the errors are different if you select 'erase the partition'.

- Language problems: in the install menu is only the language selected you've chosen for the installation, that's good. But the text isn't original. The language chooser which continues the installation in the selected language after reboot is defective since the first image. English users won't notice this problem, but it would be a further step to the perfect installation DVD. More problematic is that the finder shows the English names for the standard folders: 'Applications' instead of 'Programme' and 'Utilities' instead of 'Dienstprogramme'. Don't know if there's more, but it's a system function which was working in all other images and so I wanted to inform about it. Look the third screenshot I've added. Please compare in other languages, not only German.

My machine's speed is OK, faster than other versions. But's enough to do.

Wishes:

- Replace Quicktime with Version 7.1.2 for better AGP support, maybe iTunes with version 6.05 (don't like 7)

- FrontRow implementation, needs only one kext and the update, look in here how to install

- Disk Utility problem solve

- Language problem fix

- 'About this Mac' fix

- maybe no boot logo on DVD and after installation, it's easier to check problems

- Last one: how about a name for our Macs? According to our forum they should deserve the Names 'InsanelyMac' and 'InsanelyBook'. I already made a list, if anyone's interested. Take a look in my System Profiler. (SX4 = Athlon SiXty4)

That's enough for this time I think. Keep on working, I'm wainting for the first ppf.

GreetinX from the other Side!

post-30028-1179409027_thumb.png

post-30028-1179409044_thumb.png

post-30028-1179409055_thumb.png

post-30028-1179412670_thumb.png

great UpHuck!

i'm an italian user. sorry for my bad english.

for upHuck:

for me you have to add the (MAY 03)koolkal latest kernel 1049 Universal (amd&intel)(ss e2&sse3) [on demonoid]

i add the file file like attachment.

then i have a p5b deluxe motherboard with the problem of ich8r and jmicron. my sata wor only in ahci mode without patch.

please add an jmicron pacth....we need a feedback of p5b deluxe users... i have this ich8r patch:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...st&id=11267

then also the marvell Gigabit generic patch that solve many models problems...

you can also add the alc882 patch of TARUGA.

thanks for your Job from italy!

Marvell.Gigabit.pkg.zip

koolkal_latest_kernel_1049_Universal__MAY_02_.mpkg.zip

Hello Uphuck and Other Pro's

I am not a pro but have been following the OSX86 scene for a while, I installed this dvd, works fine, replaced the 10.4.6 kext to get broadcom working , selected the gma900 pkg (during install) to get QE CI support.

After installing, and I am using it now, the processor is in continuous working, its the noise or sound which keeps coming, the memory gets chewed up, i have 1GB memory, whereas in 10.4.8 JAS dvd, i had to use patches to get QE and CI, but the processor was quite, whereas in this one its the humming sound, was just wondering what it is ?

any suggestions?

Regards and Thanks for the great work..

mutahir

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : ================================================================================

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : User picked Custom Install

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Choices selected for installation:

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: "Mac OS X v10.4.9"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: "10.4.9 for AMD CPU"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: "10.4.9 AMD tubgirl"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : 10.4.9.AMD.tubgirl.pkg : com.uphuck.pkg.10.4.9.AMD.tubgirl : 1.0

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: "AppleACPIPlatform from 10.4.8"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : AppleACPIPlatform.pkg : com.uphuck.pkg.acpiplatform : 1.0

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: "Kernel"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: "Universal Kernel 2"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : universal.kernel.2.pkg : com.uphuck.pkg.universal.kernel.2 : 1.0

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : Install: " Remove CPUPowerManagement kext"

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : nohpet.pkg : com.uphuck.pkg.nohpet : 1.0

May 18 07:57:32 localhost : ================================================================================

this is part of my installation log on pc in signature... i can't boot the system.. someone can give me any tips?

thank you

bye

Tried installing this on my acer laptop which uses a Hitachi sata HD with ATI 4379 saBta controller. Disk utility and installer doesn't recognize the drive unfortunately. Now i'll try install on my desktop and see how it goes. Btw I know installer has problems with sata drives -- anyone know if there is a solution to this? a pointer? thanks

Ok, I got teh nc6400 to boot the dvd!

Problem was the dual core cpu, disabled it in the bios and it booted.

Problem what I have now is that when I install the DVD, after the install it tries to boot but I get this error: /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

The Jas 10.4.8 DVD does work on my system...

Anyone know what I can do to boot up with the error?

Thanks in advance.

connecting 2 sata hdd on orange sata ports, shows up as one large drive in diskutil, but i can 't format the drive..

give me allways I/O error timeout ...

Using Asus P5WDH Deluxe, and 2 HDD Maxtor Sata (Sata1)

Anyone who can explaine how it can be done

installed fine on my desktop, but the profiler doesn't work and joost also just hangs the system whereas it worked fine in 10.4.8. I'm going back to 10.4.8 for now as the 10.4.9 for sse2 doesn't seem as stable atm.

Great Uphuck,

with your fantastic 10.4.9 v 1.2 I have a stable system!

Everythink works good (QE/CI ok, network, sound with Trust USB audio).

I have only a problem with the Screensaver.

I can't disable it!

Every 25 minutes (or something like that) Screensaver goes on

with the setting on never.

Someone knows how I can do for fix the problem?

Thank you and... sorry for my terrible english!

Many compliments again to Uphuck.

My hardware configuration:

MB Asrock ConRoe 945G-DVI

CPU Core 2 Duo E6300 1.86 GHz

RAM 2GB DDR2 Kingstone

HD Seagate 300 GB

DVD Pioneer 111D

Bye

Jap05

I installed on a 4GB flash drive attached to an Inspiron 8600. I chose the SSE2 kernel, removed AppleIntelCPU power management .kext, added the IOATA kext and Titan video drivers. The install completed without errors, but a startup with the -f -v options halts every time immediately after loading the AppleACPIPlatform.Kext. (I chose the 10.4.8 version of AppleACPIPlatform.kext in the install, and even tried copying in another copy from a 10.4.8 install and repairing permissions -- and booting with platform=X86PC, but none of this made any difference.)

The patched Jas 10.4.8 AMD/SSE3/SSE2 DVD installed and booted from the same Flash Drive with no problem.

I may try reinstalling with one of the universal kernels. (I did notice that someone at the beginning of the thread reported a similar problem with the boot freezing after ACPI management loads -- but that was on the DVD, not after the install.)

Dell Inspiron 8600:

Intel 855PM chipset

NVidia fx5200 video card

Pentium-M 1.7gHz

lennyb
titan and natit is not for fx5200 or 5xxx series..
naquaada
for restoring with diskutil, first erease the target partition then start restore without checking the erease choice at restore section. try this, maybe it can work.

>Titan and Natit is not for fx5200

I've run both of them with the Jas10.4.8AMD/SSE3/SSE2 DVD on this system with the fx5200, as have a number of other people on the forum who have Inspiron 8600s -- so that's probably not it. Also, I notice that AlexLobo reported a similar problem with the boot process stopping after the ACPI driver is loaded, early in this thread. I did what you advised him to do and confirmed that the MD5 matches for the ISO file.

I think it's either

a) the kernel [something to do with PAE/NX support? which is kind of weird on the Pentium M Dothan 1.7GHz CPU]

:P the appropriateness/inappropriateness of disabling the Power Management

c) [possibly] changes in the USB drivers (remember I've been trying this on a USB Flash drive). I

might try it on the primary IDE drive, if I have no luck with different kernels. (I have no trouble recognizing

the flash drive with all the 10.4.9 files on it, when I insert it into the slot after booting 10.4.8 from another flash

drive.