Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

Where can I download this DVD?

Is it only available on the demonoid.com torrent site?

Do I have to install anything else before I install the contents of the DVD? Someone said I'd have to install Darwin before even attempting to install any Mac OSX86 versions onto my PC. The problem is, I know nothing about the Darwin OS.

Also, what would I have to do in order to get my Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS Platinum Pro sound card recognized by the Mac OS (I am planning on installing mostly sound mixing/production applications)?

I am running a Pentium 4 SSE2 3.2 GHz processor with 2 GB RAM and I plan on partitioning 30 GB of space for OSX.

Basically, I am a sound production freak and I know nothing about computer code. Yes, I am a n00b but please bear with me here.

no, the jmicron ide boot is still a problem, sata-ide convertor or installation to physical drive over vmware can be the solution.

I bought for 30 euros a sata dvd burner. That fixed all my problems.

Uphuck, when will version 1.3 be released?

Is it possible to add these two drivers to the dvd?

IHC8patch.zip

IHC8Rpatch.zip

With the "IHC8Rpatch.zip" I was able to set up my Asus p5b-e plus board. Xbench went up due to these drivers. The ICH7R patch didn't help on this board. Thanks a lot!!

ICH8patch.zip

IHC8Rpatch.zip

Uphuck, great work!

This is the firs release I downloaded which runns on my

AMD64 3200+

Gigabyte GA K8NS

1,5 GB RAM

2 ATA & 2 SATA HDDS

3,5´´ FDD

NEC DVD burner

LiteOn CD Burner

Nvidia 7600 GT

even my Bluetooth stick runns!!!!!

BUT!!!

I used the AMD Package with the AMD SSE2 Kernel, USB Driver, Sound Driver, Realtec Network Driver, the 1st. Nvidia driver...

The DVD check failed, but I ignored it..

The installation went ok! An I was very proud to run OS-X on my PC!!!

OS-X recogniced some updates but after installing them OS-X did not boot again :hysterical:

-v did not give me any clue...

ok so I decided not to install the updates on my 10st try...

But I still have a problem with my graphics: How do I choose the DVI Monitor? I can only use my second VGA Monitor... (the install guide runns on both Monitors!)

or, can I use a dual Display like in WinXP ?????

An my ATA HDDS are not recogniced... but tis is no great Problem...

Many thanks!

Errrr... How do I check the MD5 ??? (for the 1.3 Version this one runs good so I think there is no Problem)

Uphuck, great work!

This is the firs release I downloaded which runns on my

AMD64 3200+

Gigabyte GA K8NS

1,5 GB RAM

2 ATA & 2 SATA HDDS

3,5´´ FDD

NEC DVD burner

LiteOn CD Burner

Nvidia 7600 GT

even my Bluetooth stick runns!!!!!

BUT!!!

I used the AMD Package with the AMD SSE2 Kernel, USB Driver, Sound Driver, Realtec Network Driver, the 1st. Nvidia driver...

The DVD check failed, but I ignored it..

The installation went ok! An I was very proud to run OS-X on my PC!!!

OS-X recogniced some updates but after installing them OS-X did not boot again :)

-v did not give me any clue...

ok so I decided not to install the updates on my 10st try...

But I still have a problem with my graphics: How do I choose the DVI Monitor? I can only use my second VGA Monitor... (the install guide runns on both Monitors!)

or, can I use a dual Display like in WinXP ?????

An my ATA HDDS are not recogniced... but tis is no great Problem...

Many thanks!

Errrr... How do I check the MD5 ??? (for the 1.3 Version this one runs good so I think there is no Problem)

Just see as followings

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/view.php?id=ritz&no=647

I could not find any drivers for the ATI X800. Might the Offcial ATI driver work?

No, you have to install Calisto or Natit Graphic Card Driver.

the drivers you posted are the same, is that ich8 or 8r? i found ich8 driver but its pretty different from the package you posted.

No these drivers are not the same.

I had some issues with the general ich7r driver which is available on the jas dvd after applying one of those ppf's. I searched on the internet and found two more packages; ich8 and ich8r. Only with the ich8r driver I'm able to set up osx on my machine. This is the only driver that will recognize my chipset and displays correct hardware settings when I look under about this mac. I'm using a Asus p5b-e plus motherboard with a ich8r chipset. I don't know who created these drivers and I cannot tell you how old these packages are.

There is an important thing you need to know about these packages. There's a kernel included in this package (8.8.1). When you install this package on a 10.4.9 system (8.9.1) it will replace the kernel. Therefor I think it's better to repackage these files and include a new 8.9.1 kernel. Only the Universal SSE3 kernel from netkas worked for me.

ok i found them and put into 1.3

Great!! You're awesome!! I had plans to create my own dvd, but now I'll wait and see for your results..

Remark: Do you change the kernel as well that is included in the driver package?

The package contains a script that will do the following:

mkdir backup

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext backup/

cp -R /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext backup/

cp -R /mach_kernel backup/

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleVIAATA.kext

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions/AppleAHCIPort.kext

rm -rf /mach_kernel

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.kextcache

rm -rf /System/Library/Extensions.mkext

cp -R AppleAHCIPort.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp -R AppleVIAATA.kext /System/Library/Extensions

cp mach_kernel /mach_kernel

chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions

chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions

chmod 644 /mach_kernel

diskutil repairpermissions /

reboot

I don't know how hard it is to make packages for these two zip files, so only the correct files (AppleAHCIPort.kext and AppleVIAATA.kext) will be installed.... ???

If there is someone supplying invite codes to demonoid to random people, I would use caution with it. If someone you invited gets banned, then you will get banned also. And I'm noticing people who join this site and their first comment is a demonoid request code.

Good point. I had been too generous with Demonoid invites and now I am not allowed to generate any more codes. Maybe it is some form of punishment.

Thanks uphuck for your release!

It works on my dell laptop : xps M1710.

For my bios patched 7900 gtx , the titan drivers works fine!

For my sigmatel 9200 (audio card), I used the Apple HDA patch (http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=32859)

Just hoping to find a solution for my wifi : intel pro wireless 3945 ^^

The only thing is that I must desactivate the dual core on my system....

when do you plan to release v1.3. since I dont have a demonoid account I'm restricted to only new torrents and I realy want to try this one out on my acer aspire 5100.

Followings is news of next release.

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/view.php?id=ritz&...=asc&no=645

This release only screwed up my hard drive. Ran the installer and selected AMD cpu, SSE3 Kernel (as my CPU supports SSE3) and the USB driver. Thats it. Install>Reboot= System Hangs. Can't boot into windows nor OSX it just hangs when the pc boots up. all I ever see is "BIOSTAR" and nothing else

I don't think it's uphuck's fault though, I could never use tubgirls 10.4.9..

I GOT IT TO WORK I GOT IT TO WORK I GOT IT TO WORK

:)

My first OS X install on generic hardware since before the Intel iMacs came out. And I used this DVD; I'm living proof that it CAN be done.

Amazingly using uphuck's DVD, the P5B-VM just worked out of the box (with a 7600GS for video; don't know about onboard vid). Sound and network didn't require any hacking, just the

I DO Have a problem, though. Disk0 is my 120GB OS X HDD. Disk1 is my SATA DVD-RW. Disk2 SHOULD be my 250GB Windows disk, but Disk Utility does not see it. Haven't tried rebooting into Windows, dunno if the Darwin boot loader knows it's there or not. This is all minor, though; I can switch HDD's from the BIOS.

Says my 2.66GHz Pentium D 805 is a 2.66GHz Core Duo. I don't have the heart to tell it it's wrong. :star_smile:

If you have tried this DVD, post your results here. Don't forget to post your specs and what worked and what did not work.

This is what it says in the description:

Looks very nice. It has been downloaded 331 times until now (May 12).

is it safe to install the Security Update 2007-004 via Software Update !!!!

Does anyone have problem with playing DVD movies with this release? My DVD player just freezes after I insert DVD.

My specification:

CPU: Athlon64 AM2 3000+

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Memory: 2GB Dual channel

Video: Club3D X1600Pro (resolution: 1280x1024)

Sound: Realtek ALC882

HDD: ATA 160GB

If there is someone supplying invite codes to demonoid to random people, I would use caution with it. If someone you invited gets banned, then you will get banned also. And I'm noticing people who join this site and their first comment is a demonoid request code.

But anyway, my question. How do you pronounce "uphuck"? Is it "up huck" or "you phuck"?

Pssst.....

[removed]

It's still uploading but for those without the Green Demon....... :2cents: