Official uphuck 10.4.9 universal x86 install DVD v1.2 thread

Dr. Hurt

508 posts in this topic

Which kind of madness is going on with this thread? A bunch of n00bs trying a release from somebody unknown and complaining if things go wrong?

Why don't you use one of the trusted JaS 10.4.8 DVDs instead?

Or is it because newbies want always the latest regardless of quality?

If this is a sign of things to come I am afraid the future looks very bleak.

PLEASE can someone give me a green demon invite so i can try out? :2cents: thanks

Sorry no go .....

But if yo can access Usenet try this.....

[removed]

Which kind of madness is going on with this thread? A bunch of n00bs trying a release from somebody unknown and complaining if things go wrong?

Mmm

What's wrong with this release? It will work for a lot of people so that's a good thing!

And you can't help that people will try this out if there are no other "Guru's" that have released an all in one DVD.

I don't think the future looks bleak at all on the contrary. We should welcome new people to the scene....

This one DOES work. People having problems are either doing something wrong or have a problem with the disc they burnt (be it ISO issues or a bad download).

Does anyone have problem with playing DVD movies with this release? My DVD player just freezes after I insert DVD.

My specification:

CPU: Athlon64 AM2 3000+

Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-M55Plus-S3G

Memory: 2GB Dual channel

Video: Club3D X1600Pro (resolution: 1280x1024)

Sound: Realtek ALC882

HDD: ATA 160GB

We have like...no hardware in common at all, but I can play DVD's. You sure that your display is correctly supported with QE/CI?

Actually, the reason I want to try this release is for better hardware compatibility with all of my systems. Three out of four of my systems do run JaS 10.4.8 and have been running one form or another of the Mac os for the last 6 or seven months. You may call me a n00b but at least I am trying to learn on my own and most of what I need I find in the forums so do not have to ask. Also let me point out that if i could afford a new macbook pro i would own one in a second, but alas im stuck with my amd systems :)

thanks to people who help to newbies..

people who are new to osx86 and also computer:

be sure the checksum of the file you downloaded is right(search google for making md5 hash of a file)

burn it at slow speed (4x)

please read the descriptions of the packages carefully.

Be sure to know your hardware details, for exapmple don't say i have ac97 sound card what should i do to make it work, search a little more, (alc260 on ich7, alc883 on nf4)

A wrong choice means unsuccessful installation.

Do not upgrade make a clean install.

If you get ''error installation, try again'' message when installing then that probably means corrupt file(check md5) or burning errors(burn again slowly and using a quality media).

Actually, the reason I want to try this release is for better hardware compatibility with all of my systems.

Actually until a short time ago it was being taken for granted that if you wanted to run OS X at its best on a hackintosh. you had to use compatible hardware. I have built 2 hackintoshes and I have never had a problem worth mentioning.

That is just ordinary common sense and you don't have to spend a fortune either.

Heck, not even Linux or Windows Vista support all hardware, and the former has thousands of developers, the latter billions to spend.

I download it again, checked MD5==d22bf4be7bf6d1548696252dcc032ab6, looks right.

But when I try to install it on my pc i get "because of a problem...."

My PC, p4m-2.0, 768 RAM, ATi7500(32m), chipset=Intel i845D,

And I stall it use VM6.0 and Daemon tools.

what is the problem? any advice?

I successfully installed OSX 10.4.9 with this DVD on my hardware.

Ok I didn't have a working onboard nic but after installing a kext and a reboot this was remedied..

My specification:

CPU : Intel P4 2.4 Ghz , SSE2

Motherboard: Intel D845GEBV2

Memory : 512 MB 333 MHz DDR

Video : Onboard

Sound: Onboard Intel® 82801DB I/O Controller Hub 4 (ICH4) with an Analog Devices* AD1981B audio codec => Working

HDD: 40Gb

@Uphuck: I used the AppleIntel855x.kext to make the onboard nic work.

You can find it here http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?act...ost&id=2319

Maybe you can add it to the 1.3 release?

I do have to agree with Allesandro17....I find it very odd here that almost every positive report is coming from quite literally newbies. People who suddenly joined InsanelyMac RIGHT after this release occurred. Those of us who have been on the scene for a while now who have tried this release have had nothing but bad experiences.

So to sum up...

Newbies seem to have no problem with this release while people with 100+ posts and established reputations here on Insanely Mac have all reported problems. There just seems to be something VERY fishy about this. Uphuck, I am not trying to strike out at your reputation or anything, it just seems really really odd.

I will be trying this release myself in a few days once my new drive comes in and will make a report. Would like to see some reports coming back on this distro from some established users here.

Actually until a short time ago it was being taken for granted that if you wanted to run OS X at its best on a hackintosh. you had to use compatible hardware. I have built 2 hackintoshes and I have never had a problem worth mentioning.

That is just ordinary common sense and you don't have to spend a fortune either.

Heck, not even Linux or Windows Vista support all hardware, and the former has thousands of developers, the latter billions to spend.

When I got into this project It was for the pure fun of it. Now its become a major project for me. I have had to even start working on some of my own drivers from scratch. Some of the fun of the OSX86 Project is to make things compatible, Lets take for instance AMD procs. Without some hard work and some very interprising people it would not have happend. I never have spent a fortune on hardware and the wife makes sure I never will. Chemotherapy come before computers. However its my hobby and One I love. :D

What can be the problem if the DVD won't even boot up.

I got to the stage that says: loading semtex kernel or something like that but than it stops.

This is on a HP nc6400 laptop.

(ofcourse this is before installing)

What can be the problem if the DVD won't even boot up.

I got to the stage that says: loading semtex kernel or something like that but than it stops.

This is on a HP nc6400 laptop.

(ofcourse this is before installing)

Try with the -v option. I don't know exactly why, but sometimes it has helped me.

I do have to agree with Allesandro17....I find it very odd here that almost every positive report is coming from quite literally newbies. People who suddenly joined InsanelyMac RIGHT after this release occurred. Those of us who have been on the scene for a while now who have tried this release have had nothing but bad experiences.

So to sum up...

Newbies seem to have no problem with this release while people with 100+ posts and established reputations here on Insanely Mac have all reported problems. There just seems to be something VERY fishy about this. Uphuck, I am not trying to strike out at your reputation or anything, it just seems really really odd.

I will be trying this release myself in a few days once my new drive comes in and will make a report. Would like to see some reports coming back on this distro from some established users here.

I don't have to agree with you :) I have less than 10 posts (partly because I'm too lazy to write and partly because my english is a little poor). My first installation was JaS 10.4.6. Of course, after that was JaS update to 10.4.7, then 10.4.8, and finally uphuck 10.4.9. In last year I'm installed Mac OS X on 4 different computers (one of them was HP notebook) and all of them still working perfectly :P . Do you think I'm newbie?

@Alessandro17

Thanks for your reply!

Tried that ofcourse but I cant find anything and it hangs on the same stuff.

Trying the DVD on my GX620 Dell desktop and it loads up (not installed yet but loads up).

So I think its the laptop... :)

I don't have to agree with you :D I have less than 10 posts (partly because I'm too lazy to write and partly because my english is a little poor). My first installation was JaS 10.4.6. Of course, after that was JaS update to 10.4.7, then 10.4.8, and finally uphuck 10.4.9. In last year I'm installed Mac OS X on 4 different computers (one of them was HP notebook) and all of them still working perfectly :) . Do you think I'm newbie?

No actually I don't think you are a newbie. Your profile which clearly says you have been a member since 2005. The people I referred to in my earlier psot all seem to have joined right around the same time of the release. Sure it could be a coincidence. It could also be all of a sudden there was a surge of word of mouth to get new folks interested in joining. I don't recall the sight being /.-ed recently so don't think thats it. Or it could be just that I am a paranoid delusinal person who happens to think that racist elves and plucking his toe nails while he slept. I leave it to others to make their own choices.

Well, I am a newbie in installing OS-X on a PC! And I joined insanlymac because of finding uphucks great work at demonoid!

BUT

I am not a newbie in PC at all! And I started with a native MAC 2 years ago (and still learnig).

Well and it still works! OS-X is running fine and VERY fast! There are a lot of problems I solved by reading insanlymac... And my first post was that it works great on my specs...

So please dont be so cruel to ALL newbies!

Followup report on 2nd system: attempted but failed with fresh installation on VIA chipset board (#2 system in my sig).

Several combinations of kernals and additional drivers, but all failed. So: for future builds, please add

VIA chipset support. The JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/SSE3 version works fine, including sound and onboard Lan.

"About this Mac" also works fine when running on the older 10.4.8 version, but upchuck's 10.4.9 "About this Mac" crashes

completely (system #1 in my sig).

This release only screwed up my hard drive. Ran the installer and selected AMD cpu, SSE3 Kernel (as my CPU supports SSE3) and the USB driver. Thats it. Install>Reboot= System Hangs. Can't boot into windows nor OSX it just hangs when the pc boots up. all I ever see is "BIOSTAR" and nothing else

I don't think it's uphuck's fault though, I could never use tubgirls 10.4.9..

uphuck: why can't I use this release or tubgirls? I now have to go and get another HD.

I just want some answers as to why I can't use it and other can. JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/3 works fine but nothing with 10.4.9 it's either stalling or not even booting past the bios..

News of 1.3 Updated in May-17, 2007.

http://61.74.156.133/bbs/view.php?id=ritz&...=asc&no=650

Post your request and Feel free to add driver....

uphuck: why can't I use this release or tubgirls? I now have to go and get another HD.

I just want some answers as to why I can't use it and other can. JaS 10.4.8 SSE2/3 works fine but nothing with 10.4.9 it's either stalling or not even booting past the bios..