New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

OK, here's my report:

- Patched the ISO, checked MD5 of the patched ISO: 0ef2904e0aad1864c69b2ac67e050255 and burned DVD at 8x speed.

- Booted with Hiren's Boot CD 8.7. Created an image of my current Windows XP (which was on an IDE drive) with Acronis Trueimage. Then rebooted with Hiren's again and created new partitions with Acronis Disk Director on my spare empty SATA drive:

XP: 10GB (primary) - NTFS

OSX: 20 GB (primary) - FAT32

MASS: 270 GB (primary) - FAT32 in order to use in both OS's

- IMPORTANT STEP: Things will go slow while installing or worse install will fail if many HD's are connected. So I disconnected all my IDE and SATA HD's and left only the HD I'll install OSX. Also my installations never got lucky with PS2 mouse or keyboard so try to use USB inputs if possible. Because Mac's only use USB.

- I installed JaS's great release. Everything work perfect on the following system out of the box:

Epox 8KDA7I (nForce 3)

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice)

Nvidia 5200 Asus (passive cooled)

1GB Ram

2xSATA HD's

2xIDE HD's

Benq DW1650 burner

Onboard sound

Onboard NIC

USB mouse and keyboard - crystal A4 Tech and crystal Samsung Pleomax - both are very Macish :rolleyes:

Philips 109P4

Also the system saw every HD after a reconnected them.

This system works great. I can talk about this, because I use an ultra fast Xeon (two CPU's-four cores total) Mac Pro at work with 3GB ram. I can sell my old G4 now and enjoy this system. :thumbsup_anim:

So, big thanks to JaS for this golden universal Hackintosh release! Please don't get retired! I also thank to everybody who tested this release.

Will report if anything goes wrong.

Thought I'd report on installing the dvd with the ppf patch. Tried it on my AMD X2 3800+ with a XFX Geforce 7800GT, 2GB ram, 1 IDE disk and Dell widescreen 20" connected with DVI. I picked the AMD pack, all of the additional drivers, and titan. The install went fine but on reboot the welcome screen was the wrong resolution. It was just a thin strip in the middle of the monitor. After the movie played it mentioned it wanted to detect my keyboard and I had to click ok with the mouse. Unfortunately my mouse pointer didnt appear to I was unable to click ok, and no keys worked. Think I've given up on this system and will try to get network working on my Intel 845G I mentioned earlier.

the same happened to me, just blindly navigate your way to system prefs and hit detect displays. it fixed the prob 4 me

Okay,

Using a Toshiba Qosmio G15-AV501 here with dual hard drives. I am trying to install this on my secondary hard drive (have successfully used OSX86 before on this second drive). Installation goes fine (format second hard drive, select options, install), but once I reboot the machine it's like the drive isn't even there. The computer goes straight into trying to boot from network. I have never experienced this problem before. I ran diskpart under windows and it says the partition type is "EE". I remember the partition type being "AF". Do I need to change this? My MD5 sums were all spot on and I have tried 2 different disks and tried everything. I also tried setting the secondary hard drive as primary temporarily to see if that was causing the problems, but I'm still getting the same thing: the BIOS just goes right onto booting from network, even if I specifically specify that drive.

Any help?

Thanks,

corndog

Thanks for the last distro JaS it worked great! I was having all kinds of problems with the older 10.4.8 one. Thank you for all of the hard work you have done of the past few years.

Kage_

Aight, I got things working (partitioning problem), but now I am facing the dreaded issue with Titan: I have to plug in an external monitor to see anything. Is there any solution for this issue? I was very excited when the new SSE2 dvd was released since that meant using Titan, but now I'm stuck. I searched around on the forums but haven't been able to find much of a solution to this issue. Did Natit fix this problem with black laptop screens or is there some workaround I could use?

Thanks!

Gah! So you did! And I posted right under it! I better scroll more carefully next time :thumbsup_anim:

So I'll give your replacement BCM440x kext a try in a little bit, and yeah for $16 I think I'll swap the wireless card (do the other cards work better than the 2200BG by any chance? and... do you lose bluetooth or is that on a separate chip/card?)

After that it leaves sleep mode I believe, which doesn't surprise me it's borked. Besides, what's the fun of fixing everything at once? hehe Thanks for everything so far!

Hey.. do things like Parallels work? The biggest reason I want to switch is that I can still run my old windows apps as I phase them out.

Bluetooth is on a seperate chip so no impact. I'm a big fan of the Atheros card (far better performance than the intel one) and it works perfectly however you might also want to consider the Dell Truemobile 1450/90 as I think they are a lot cheaper.

Sleep mode is an issue but its not being ignored. There is work by _np to get laptop LCD support working as well as some hope that Semthex will look at adding speedstep and sleep capability for laptops. Just have to be patient for those and be thankful we can have wireless, wired, video and sound working so well.

Parallels works fine. Had it on my previous build even though I prefer VMWare for snapshots which isnt in Parallels yet.

PROBLEM:

as in my old post, the original .iso would not load (a first for me with osx86)

I wanted to patch it but didn't have the iso, just the dvd

WORKING METHOD:

1. ripped dvd > produced a iso

2. used total commander> checked md5 > correct

3. appled ppf patch

4. used total commander> checked md5> correct

5. burned new iso

this produced a working dvd.

i installed and so far everything is good except my wifi (was an issue in for the 10.4.7 dvd, not the 10.4.5 tho), so i ahve to download 10.4.5 and exract the right kext from it.

excited to see what this version does.

thanks jas.

Thanks Jas you made live so much easier

Dell inspiron 6000 (installed with Jas Intel ATA kext select only)

there is one problem after installation, no internet. neither wired(Broadcom 440x) nor wireless(NetGear WG511t), which both works out of box with myzar installation.

how could I fix this problem? coply some kind of kext from previous installation? I do have one 10.4.7 (old kernel) on a USB drive

any light?

Edited by flow

I have Tubgirl's release working so on another clean formatted pata HD I decided to install thei JAS release. No error messages during installation of files. I followed the suggestions to the letter. On first boot (and every time thereafter) After about 2 minutes during the boot process I get Kernal Panic. (see enclosed jpg) Anyone know a way around this??

FIXED

>> Same problem

installing on athlon 64 machine

im gonna try boot with -s and remove natit

removed all the NV/ GEFORCE kexts

copied same over from backed up extensions folder

got titan[natit gives no output to panel]

chmod / chown

reboot

Can you put this into steps? I am not experienced in OSX terminal and such. But I am having the panic error.

Specs:

AMD Athlon X2 4600+

Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard

eVGA nVidia GeForce 7900 GT KO PCI-E

2 GB Crucial RAM

What Wireless, Audio, Ethernet, and USB do you have? I have the Broadcom 57xx ethernet and 1470 wireless and it did not fix mine. i still show my wireless as builtin ethernet. As for the Sound i have the SIgmatel 9751 and as long as you do not install the 9220 sound drivers mine works fine.

not to sure on the USB though...........

I just installed the patched DVD I made. Curious that the old DVD and new DVD are exactly the same size (4,698,669,056 bytes). Is that right?

My USB now works. That's the only improvement I can find. I'm connected to the network via FireWire and my USB Bluetooth adapter is recognized. Sound still says "No output devices found". My audio is Intel High Difinition.

As far as network adapter goes, my laptop is a Centrino model so it has Intel integrated ethernet and wireless.

Can you put this into steps? I am not experienced in OSX terminal and such. But I am having the panic error.

Specs:

AMD Athlon X2 4600+

Asus A8N-SLi Premium Motherboard

eVGA nVidia GeForce 7900 GT KO PCI-E

2 GB Crucial RAM

I installed from the original DVD [the one with natit]

Upon boot i used the kernel flag -s

then

$ /sbin/fsck

$ /sbin/mount -uw /

this gave me write permissions to the root partition

then cd /System/Library/Extensions

rm -rf NV*

then booted into the gui [crappy] and moved the stuff from backed up kexts folder in the / folder of the boot volume [all the Geforce and NV* ones into /System/Library/Extensions]

and got Titan.kext from omni's page and dropped in in too

then

$ sudo chown -R root:wheel /System/Library/Extensions/*

$ sudo chmod -R 755 /System/Library/Extensions/*

$ sudo rm -f /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.kextcache /System/Library/Extensions/Extensions.mkext

Then reboot and you should not get the panic with the NV drivers.

good luck

Edited by necrophage

hi

Thanks JaS for all your great work you were our savior and our hero, and I hope that you achieve such an enourmous succes in all your upcoming projects

does anyone know if the ppf solves the networking problem whith the intel 845g chipset?

THanks Joe75 for these links

Dell inspiron 6000 broadcom 440x (working in 10.4.5), intel 2200bg, netgear wg511T(working in 10.4.5)

solved: broadcom 440x network card. copied the IONetworkFamily.kext from 10.4.5 to extension, repair permission and turn off from XP .the network card should work

unsolved: Netgear wg511T pc card. copied IO80211Family.kext from 10.4.5 to extension, still in the "about this mac" there is no PC card showed up. interestingly there is no IOPCCardFamily.kext in the new 10.4.8 extension so I copied from 10.4.5 to it, still there is no PC card shows up..

Basically how can make a PC card show up first

Here is the dmesg from new Jas10.4.8AMDsse2sse3

using 2621 buffer headers and 2621 cluster IO buffer headers

IOAPIC: Version 0x20 Vectors 0:23

IOPCCardBridge::start failed

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 552 PCI now active, GUID 374fc0001ac128e1; max speed s400.

Here is the old dmesg from 10.4.5

IOPCCard info: Intel PCIC probe: Ricoh RL5C476 rev b3

AppleIntelPIIXPATA: ICH6-M SATA (CMD 0x170, CTR 0x374, IRQ 15, BM 0xbfa8)

FireWire (OHCI) VendorID 1180 ID 552 PCI now active, GUID 374fc0001ac128e1; max speed s400.

Extension "com.apple.iokit.IOUSBMassStorageClass" has no kernel dependency.

AppleIntelICHxSATA: ICH6-M SATA (CMD 0x1f0, CTR 0x3f4, IRQ 14, BM 0xbfa0)

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 4): vendor 0x168c, device 0x0013

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_alloc(bus 4): found 1 functions

IOCardBusDevice: binding socket 0 function 0 to card services.

IOPCCard info: cs: cb_config(bus 4)

IOPCCard info: fn 0 bar 1: mem 0xa0010000-0xa001ffff

IOPCCard info: irq 19

anyone has a clue?

Edited by flow

i've fixed my wireless and have to say this is the best install dvd of osx86 to date. everything is nice and quick and error free. the only issue (which has been an issue since the beginning) is the lack of video driver for my radeon mobility 7500. If i could get dual screen on it, i'd prolly get rid of my windows partition. Eeven if i could get a higher rez for my external 19inch monitor i'd be very happy.

good job everyone involved.