New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

Just wanted to weigh in with my install experience here.

The famous Dell E1505 (AKA Inspiron 6400) laptop. 1390 wireless, Intel GMA950. Used only single core during setup and after. Selected Intel pack and only GMA950 support patch for install (Not GMA900).

Installation of the new disc went fine. Upon reboot, noticed no QE/CI (this worked with Jas 10.4.7, though I think I installed the GMA900 patch then with that release, though System Profiler reports as having GMA950 as I believe I do in this machine).

Also, got Intel915 kext error upon load of the OS.

Also, wireless networking seems to work, but doesn't report as airport, instead, reports as hard-wired network to the OS.

Definitely can see Jas put a lot of fix work into this one, just isn't quite ready for out of the box prime time on this particular machine. Going to go back to the awesome Jas 10.4.7 and patch it up with the kernel patches to 10.4.8 for now.

Many thanks Jas and testers as always! Any other info I can give or test on this machine, happy to do so.

Edited by dmk

Just wanted to weigh in with my install experience here.

The famous Dell E1505 (AKA Inspiron 6400) laptop. 1390 wireless, Intel GMA950. Used only single core during setup and after. Selected Intel pack and only GMA950 support patch for install (Not GMA900).

Installation of the new disc went fine. Upon reboot, noticed no QE/CI (this worked with Jas 10.4.7, though I think I installed the GMA900 patch then with that release, though System Profiler reports as having GMA950 as I believe I do in this machine).

Also, got Intel915 kext error upon load of the OS.

Also, wireless networking seems to work, but doesn't report as airport, instead, reports as hard-wired network to the OS.

Definitely can see Jas put a lot of fix work into this one, just isn't quite ready for out of the box prime time on this particular machine. Going to go back to the awesome Jas 10.4.7 and patch it up with the kernel patches to 10.4.8 for now.

Many thanks Jas and testers as always! Any other info I can give or test on this machine, happy to do so.

i have an sse2 inspiron 6000 running 10.4.8 Jas (from the combo update) but have the old 10.4.4 kernel. do you mind sharing how do you update it to the 10.4.8 kernel that you are proposing to do. cheers :(

Is the disc loading incredibly slow for anyone else?

It took 20 minutes to load to the english selection box, and it's bearly responsive past that.

Also it didn't detect any of my installed hard drives and partitions. The destination drive list was empty. What's happening?

I don't have the thread handy but do a search on eGWan, I believe he is the guy who made the patch that is supposed to do the new kernel magic.

thanks man. however, when i checked out that link, it seems like it's just an update to 10.4.8 and not the 10.4.8 kernel :( hope sb knows how to guide me to updating my sse2 kernel.

Ok so after reading some of the issues I think natit is a cause of panics and issues , also networking and wifi . I have repacked some things to try and fix these issues

here is the info for the ppf I am relesing should be up soon

JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p ppf

Whats changed in this ppf

Repacked intel and amd pkgs to try and fix some networking issues ppl were having + removed natit (as it is causing some users to have panics ) and added in titan

Also added some commands to be sure you guys don't have permission issues post install on the kexts.

Have you tried the new JAS DVD on your rig yet?

No I haven't, I installed official when 8.1 kernel first came out and I have Dell 1500 draft N wifi which didn't work until new kernel.

Edited by joe75

Oh oh. I burned the original iso to DVD and then pitched the iso file. Could someone possibly give me a correct md5 or some other hash on the original iso file so I can compare it to the iso I'm making now from the DVD I burned?

Thanks Jas and the team for your effort on the DVD, this is the last Tiger release right? then comes panther (10.5) i guess =x

i had some trouble with the itunes, that i couldnt install the 7.0.2, soo im using the old one, i hope this release gets it working.

Question:

Whats a good Wireless internet usb?

i searched on ebay but i dont know wich ones are good. if someone can help me ill be gratefull.

Thanks =)

Edited by .javi

ok the ppf is up,you all know where.

also I am retiring from releasing os x install dvd's now,hope everyone enjoyed the releases.Thank you for the memories.

I will be around and on irc,but it is time.

Thank you JaS for everything you did, bringing a possibility of installing OSX on our home PC's.

Without you, the hole osx86project wouldn't been such a succes.

THANKS!

Thank you for the kind words,I did the best I could.

Thanks JaS for the work you have done. I think this 10.4.8 image will be a solid baseline for work to continue from.

I do hope at some time you might consider documenting the process you did to take a clean restore disc and turn it into something you can use on a hackintosh. I've been spending time trying to make my own custom version but there are so many little things that need to be done just to get past the installer checks. You've had to deal with a lot of issues and I hope that knowledge could be passed on so others can take over without having to reinvent the wheel ;) Thanks again.

I have Tubgirl's release working so on another clean formatted pata HD I decided to install thei JAS release. No error messages during installation of files. I followed the suggestions to the letter. On first boot (and every time thereafter) After about 2 minutes during the boot process I get Kernal Panic. (see enclosed jpg) Anyone know a way around this??

Hi

I got exactly the same panic's, boot with -x option this should load to the end then use the "patcher" with the "1048_amd_new_txt" file (both visible when opening your drive in root). Since I got a ATI x1900 I deleted every GeForcexxxx {censored} from extensions and on next boot....everything went fine!

SYstem:

Athlon 3700+

ATI x1900GT

just finished downloading the image and burned to a cdrw

PS2 mouse and keyboard not working during install

PS2 keyboard and mouse worked fine for Jas 10.4.6 and 10.4.7 DVD

is this possible to be fixed, and is there any plan to fix this in the future in a form of PPF patch?

Strange - after i plugged in my USB mouse, the PS2 mouse and keyboard works back again.

Edited by bubugugu

someone reported the torrent corrupt,some rars were not working.

Really too bad.. :(

The 84y.o. Big Brother is watching us! This occured when I saw the attached pic at Apple site today.post-4044-1167990957_thumb.jpg

P.S. Actually it would be just THE GREAT THING to post the FINAL patched iso again! Onto piratebay perhaps.