New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

ok guys this is my first post and first time at an install. here is my report! :pirate2:

Hardware:

-Abit AN8 (nforce4, socket 939)

-AMD Athlon64 3200+ SSE3

-1gb generic ram

-ATI X1800XL pcie 256mb

-2 sata drives, 1 ide drive

-Memorex CD/DVD+-DL burner 16x DVD speed

Proceedure:

-Downloaded JaS's iso and patch in windows xp

-ran a final hash check over both of them

-applied patch using supplied PFF-O-MATIC3 program

-burned new iso at full speed using Nero v6.x.x and verified data

-booted off DVD

-formatted IDE HDD with 2 partitions (extended journaled, and fat32)

-installed using AMD and ATI options

-booted up fine!

-editing Vista's bootloader, i can now choose OSX, XP, or Vista!

only problem:

-ps2 keyboard wasn't working (i'm using a usb mouse), so i followed the steps provided in the wiki to get it to work

-SATA drives are not seen by OSX, but i already know why (nforce4 right?)

-updating ichat made it crash everytime it started... so i just reinstalled the os again lol.

i am amazed at how fast osx is. :)

I'd like to thank JaS and all those who make this possible on plain old PC hardware!

and JaS, please don't retire! you created a release that a total "mac n00b" like myself could install first try!

i do have 1 question, does the os run in 64bit? i know it can run 64bit apps...

Edited by allh0pelost

I used the ppf o matic from that site and didnt work, I used the one from the ppf downloaded and it worked fine. now lets reinstall

Yes, you can only write to an apple/hfs or fat file system :)

sorry when i misunderstand you, but OR seems like a choice here. must it be fat32 before its formatted finally to mac? OR does it work fresh out of the box, never formatted before?

thx

The furthest I've gotten so far on my hp dv6119us laptop is being able to boot the disc.

The new DVD continues to fail when looking for a file called xmllint while opening OSInstall.mpkg.

I've tried natively, and via vmware (with direct hd access), it still fails at that file.

post-66029-1168334378_thumb.png

Does this have something to do with the nforce SATA support?

I've tried a few other releases via vmware and although they don't fail at that xmllint file, they do fail to find the HD within diskutility.

I know that the 10.4.7 dvd I have is a valid burn, I had it up and running on my old zd5000, it doesn't detect the HD on this laptop.

I've burn't the new 10.4.8 dvd twice already and will try it in another machine if need-be. (to see if it fails at that file)

I'd really like to get this running on the new laptop.

specs are as follows:

hp Pavillion dv6119us

AMD Turion 64 X2 TL-50

nVidia GeForce Go 6150

HD is SATA

broadcom wireless 80211g

I'm running linux (2.6.19 kernel) on here, and noticed that the motherboards BIOS passes all the information for the SATA HD to the OS on boot. The only way to stop that is using the "noapic" and "nolapic" boot parameters on the kernel. I've also had to use the "irqpoll" parameter in order to get the USB and headphone jack working... It runs XGL+Beryl at an amazing speed and seems to perform exceptionally well for a linux laptop.

If anyone has any clue as to why the HD isn't being detected and what I can do about it, please pass that clue on over to me.

post-66029-1168334523_thumb.png

I'm able to boot up the DVD but installing essential stops 93% and i downloaded the DVD 2 times and it stops at the same spot used Nero and DVD Decrypter to burn the DVDs wasted 3 DVDs I'm going to try VM ware if that does not work i going back to 10.4.7

Hi!

I'm able to boot up the DVD too (on my SSE2 CPU, patched DVD), but the install process stops at 21% of "Jas SSE2/SSE3 Semthex kernel..."

the installer asks me for a reboot in order to try the install process again...

but the install stops at 21% again and in the same point :offtopic:

any ideas?

If I run osx I can see the apple logo, then a black screen :(

Running in -v mode, the process stops at "kernel Version: Darwin kernel Version 8.8.1..." (it's normal...the install was incomplete!)

Hi,

If it sais read only, that means you did not type exactly after "-s" mount -uw /. After editing the kext, type Ctrl+o/not zero/ and so on.

Thanks....I forgot to type "/" after mount -uw. WORKS I'm sooooo close but.....

----------------------------

I google'd my Device ID for quadro fx 1300 which is 0x00FE. I'm hoping this is correct. Where do I exacly edit this in? Do I replace.... <string>0x004010de& WITH <string>0x00FE10de& ????? than I do the same with NVDAN40Hal.kext and NVDAResman.kext ???

---------------------------

What order do I "chmod" and "Chown"? and what is the exact wording? I tryed "chmod -r 755 /system/library/extesions/titan.kext" didnt work. I also tryed chown -r root:wheel /system/library/extesions/titan.kext and that didnt work.

--------------------------

Im almost there!!! :thumbsup_anim:

I have a problem with this build on my Ghettoway laptop. 10.4.7 worked just fine, and the 10.4.8 update worked ok too....

But this one is odd. My onboard keyboard and mouse are not recognized. I can plug in a usb mouse to get mouse working, but no keyboard. Any ideas?

In your case it supposed to be, as I type last time : <string>0x004010de& 0x00FE10de;. What I find out is, you don't have to edit GeForce.kext. So after you edit the other thwo kext then you type "chown -R root:wheel /S and hit the tab button, then L+tab,then E+tab +/,then NVDANV4+tab+enter". Now hit the upper arrow, will repeet the same comand, erase the last lethers until you see NVDA, type R and hit the tab+enter. Do the same with "chmod -R 755 /S........Do not forget to do "rm /S+tab, L+tab, E+tab+m+tab. Ihope tis will help you. Please pay attention to the cappital lethers!

In your case it supposed to be, as I type last time : <string>0x004010de& 0x00FE10de;. What I find out is, you don't have to edit GeForce.kext. So after you edit the other thwo kext then you type "chown -R root:wheel /S and hit the tab button, then L+tab,then E+tab +/,then NVDANV4+tab+enter". Now hit the upper arrow, will repeet the same comand, erase the last lethers until you see NVDA, type R and hit the tab+enter. Do the same with "chmod -R 755 /S........Do not forget to do "rm /S+tab, L+tab, E+tab+m+tab. Ihope tis will help you. Please pay attention to the cappital lethers!

thanks sooo much....i'll try it! thanks for your help!

the DVD is missing the IONetworking.kexts .. I patched the dvd and my ATI drivers works now good, but no internet. So I had to go to windows, 2 guys in #jas.dvd helped me and got me the download for the IONetworking.kext , and I also got the kext for my marvell , since the intel 10/100 pro wasnt working out of the box with this new dvd install. and even with the networking kexts, it recognized it but its not working, thanks god my marvell works good after installng the musashi kexts

i installed this release on my pc. but after booting the installation from the harddisk, i get this error:

panic (cpu 0 CALLER 0X003A) unable to find driver for this platform: "ACPI".

its a sort of white screen. it also says i have the semthex:/nebukadnezar/ kernel installed.

my configuration is as follows:

cpu: pentium 4 3.0 GHZ (Prescott) SSE3 capable

board: msi 865pe neo2

ram: 1gb ddr

vid: sapphire atix1600pro agp 256mb

ide hdd

maybe i have to select anohter kernel while installing x86. but i have no idea how to do that.

booting with the parameter platform=X86PC doesn't help

please help me

Installed on a IBM Thinkpad R52 without a problem. After reboot I get a panic with a message about ACPI driver that was not found, so there must be a difference between the installer OS and the installed version.

Anyone had a similar issue?