New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

seeded for 40GB of this torrent tonight =)

Just unpacked .iso. Will try to install 10.4.8.

Thank you, JaS!

Have you downloaded 260 rars (3.71 Gb) archive or the single ISO file? And if iso, tell us its weight in Gb please!

On Demonoid "tehsu" reseeded rar collection but it was reported by smb as non-working...

Well, I shall try it anyway.

Edited by Sudar

Have you downloaded 260 rars archive or the single ISO file?

On Demonoid "tehsu" reseeded rar collection but it was reported as non-working...

260 rars. They unpacked to .iso without issues. But I didn't tried to write .iso to DVD and start it yet.

those 260 rars are confirmed to have no problem with extraction and the resulting iso is working.

I have burned the image into a DVD, it is booting, and installation went fine.

The torrent on demoniod by Jas is NOT corrupted.

If you encounter problems with extraction, do a manual Hash check in your torrent client, usually by right clicking the torrent, then select "manual Hash check". The bittorrent client will automatically check for corrupted part and re-download those again. It is not necessary to delete all the files and re-download again.

Also make sure you are using the latest version of winrar, as I have experienced extraction problem with older versions of winrar .

I am glad to hear it is not corrupt for some users.Someone should upload it to TPB. I am getting the feelling that the mods over on demonoid don't care about what they are doing,and the irc channel is no help.Trying to talk to a mod there got me a one word response after explaining the issue , that respone was "PWND!"

My Rar files seem to be okay..

and my checksum for the dvd seems to be okay, too:

8ced8c38fe55392e71c02c71af6c554f *JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso

Alex

PS: Check out the Attachment ;-D

SFV checksums for the rars. I downloaded 90% from the 1st release and today i downloaded the other 10% with the other torrent file.

SFV_FILE_FOR_JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.zip

Edited by Leethium

( sry for doublepost :P )

Here's my MD5 for the patched Image:

0ef2904e0aad1864c69b2ac67e050255 JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso

Alex

//EDIT:

(13:54:17) (App1eJACK) wtf JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso) = 60a1c479c92434935058f718ed5255e2

(13:54:18) (SliverRiver) when he goes, all knowledge lost...

(13:54:37) (&Hagar) the knowledge is out there..

(13:54:42) (Infernal) i have md5 hex for patched iso - 0EF2904E0AAD1864C69B2AC67E050255

Me and Infernal used Windows for patching and App1eJACK used Mac OS X.

Edited by Leethium

Tanks to Jas, Semthek, and all the people who made this possible!!

about the downloading,

Im in 57%, from the jas torrent (260 rar files, 3.71 GB) and my client shows aleardy 4 hash faliure. I dont really know if those pieces are redownloaded automatically or not....

I guess I'll wait util is finished and I'll try it.

Cross fingers till then.....

Edited by blackchungo

Downloaded, seeded, unpacked and installed. :P

Working fine on my MSI P965 platinum motherboard, using jmicron PATA to install on. But the dvd didnt wanna play nice and boot on this sucker so I installed through vmware.

And the ethernet became usable with RealtekR1000_1.02.zip. :)

Havent got around to fixing the sound though, I will get there.

JaS,

Just like everyone else, I wanted to say thank you for all you give to this community. I saw your message over at the demon that you are hanging it up after this. Your work will be missed but I hope you stay around the community. Thanks again!

I can confirm that 8ced8c38fe55392e71c02c71af6c554f seems to be the correct MD5SUM for the UNPATCHED(!) JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso

@Leethium: Maybe App1eJACK had a corrupted ISO?

@all: What is the right MD5SUM for JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso with applied patch??

"I am retiring from releasing os x install dvd's now,hope everyone enjoyed the releases.Thank you for the memories"

JaS, say it ain't so :P

With leo coming soon and all the {censored} ass changes, the community will need your help more then ever.

If it's really the end, good luck and thanks for all the accomplishments, it's been a wild ride, JaSser is a true Legend :)

@all: What is the right MD5SUM for JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSE2.SSE3.iso with applied patch??

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?s=&...st&p=268672

0ef2904e0aad1864c69b2ac67e050255

JaS said this MD5 would be correct...

@Leethium: Maybe App1eJACK had a corrupted ISO?

We were talking about the patched Image ;-)

Greets,

Alex

//EDIT: Damn.. i think I edited about 50% of my posts...

Edited by Leethium

Thanks JaS!

For me the original image was perfect, not corrupted. The installation went smooth, but after reboot starting with -v -s to run patcher, my ps2 keyboard don't work. During install it was ok, but now I don't know why it stopped working. There isn't a single error message about the keyboard, and now I can't run patcher. Could I skip this patcher part or this is necessary anyway? I'm running an amd system with an nf3 board.

UPDATE: I think the patch is really necessary, the mac os don't boot without it, only hangs during boot with a nice kernel panic. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by marczeeee

Sony Vaio FE11M GeForce Go7400, First boot I can here a sound but black screen. Later add PPF with titan, same result-black screen. Then I boot with -s and just to see, if there is ID of my Nvidia in Geforce.kext, NVADARessman.kext and NVDANV40hal.kext and there was not. Should I edit those tree kext? Please excuse my English. Thanks.

Hi, everybody.

Thanks, JaS.

After "Preparing Installation" window,

I saw the following error message.(2.4c_ht_sse2, 1024ram, fx5600, samsung 200gb)

When I installed the 10.4.6_jas.iso and the 10.4.7_jas_repack.iso on vmware5.5.3(physical hard method), no problem.

How about you?

JaS, I have the same problem :). What do you think about it?

Edited by kovpas

Hi everyone

thanks JaS and Semthex

could someone please help me, the installation goes perfect but whent i try to firstboot i get an error like

System configuration file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

This had never happen before :) , installing on an intel 845g w/ 384mb and celeron SSe2 2.6 ghz

I have Tubgirl's release working so on another clean formatted pata HD I decided to install thei JAS release. No error messages during installation of files. I followed the suggestions to the letter. On first boot (and every time thereafter) After about 2 minutes during the boot process I get Kernal Panic. (see enclosed jpg) Anyone know a way around this??

i had the same panic message, try booting with platform=X86PC , worked with me.

if it doesn't , try safemode