New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

installation ran perfectly and i have qe ci and opengl but the colours seem a bit low even though it says it is in million of colours it has that quality to it like when in windows you set it to 16bit is there a way to fix it.

oh and also just after the boot screen the screen goes black and funny pulsating blue lines appear, i suspect this when it is changing the resolution, is there a way to stop it from doing that. Please help!!! :)

i got the New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3) to install but when i boot up i get this panic i think it has something to do with my video card PNY GeForce 6600 Video Card, PCI Express, 256MB DDR

I really Need some help

Intel Pentium® 4 630 HT, 3.0 GHz

Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal

PNY GeForce 6600 Video Card, PCI Express, 256MB DDR

OCZ Gold Series 2GB ,240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)

1 Sony DRU-800A

1 Sony DRU-810A

1 Maxtor Sata 200GB,

1 Western Digital sata 250GB

2 Maxtor IDE 200GB, 250GB

image020dg1.jpg

Edited by SILENT2MESSAGE

i got the New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3) to install but when i boot up i get this panic i think it has something to do with my video card PNY GeForce 6600 Video Card, PCI Express, 256MB DDR

I really Need some help

Intel Pentium® 4 630 HT, 3.0 GHz

Gigabyte GA-8N-SLI Royal

PNY GeForce 6600 Video Card, PCI Express, 256MB DDR

OCZ Gold Series 2GB ,240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 667 (PC2 5400)

1 Sony DRU-800A

1 Sony DRU-810A

1 Maxtor Sata 200GB,

1 Western Digital sata 250GB

2 Maxtor IDE 200GB, 250GB

image020dg1.jpg

Install again and select the NVIDIA driver in the setup menu (even if you don't have a NV40 card).

Nobody has this kind of problem. Everythings works fine but then suddenly system hangs. I can still move my mouse cursor but nothing else. Its like over warming and hanging but thats not possible (checked). Is this because of natit installer, sse2 kernel, loginwindow...? I have x1600 as gpu. Thanks for help!!

I did select nVidia, i have tried the fixing ID, with Titan, with Natit, and even tried, if by chance and luck, with MacVidia, the best i got, besides black and withe screen with Titan, the totally black screen with Natit, and best but no good when rebooting, just in the meadle of loading blue screen, was a need to reboot screen, wich after a few atempts, i give up, and done,once again another format and gone back to 10.4.7. My Card is a nVidia GeForce FX Go5700 with 128MB, also my wirelles works with 10.4.7 and gone with 10.4.8.

Problem with Intel PRO/100 VE ethernet adapter

Hi!

I installed latest Jas DVD (kernel 8.8.1 with SSE2) and i worked around with almost everything..

But the networking support doesn't exist on my system.. I've tried with couple ways.. Tutorials.. and other..

Something with adding correct Device ID and Vendor.. nothnig helps...

So please.. Someone.. Help ME!! :rolleyes:

I need net on my Hackintosh.. :(

Edited by zetbee

Yeah.. I know.. But where can I get the 10.4.3 kext..? some download links ..? :rolleyes:

Here is mine, you have to mod it, cuase is got my ID on it.

Can,t seem to upload, just have a litle pacience...

Here you go

(hope i haven´t done nothing wrong, if so Mod´s delete this post..)

Edited by other

Installed on a IBM Thinkpad R52 without a problem. After reboot I get a panic with a message about ACPI driver that was not found, so there must be a difference between the installer OS and the installed version.

Anyone had a similar issue?

I've got the same problem, any solutions?

I've got the same problem, any solutions?

My Thinkpad R52 1858 install problem turned out to be two things, firstly I think you have to select customize in the installer then select the Intel driver package and the common driver one as well, don't tick the AMD one. Then I found that install would not complete with those options ticked, turned out to be a bad DVD burn, so a burnt a fresh one at a lower speed, 2x and it installed fine.

The R52 has a lot of driver problems. During boot you have to hit Fn +f7 or you well juut freeze at a blue screen, it tries to use the external VGA socket sometimes even if you set the BIOS config to use both the internal and VGA at the same time.

Then the following things don't work. The onboard BCM5751M ethernet, the AD1981B audio, the PCMCIA slot, the Intel PRO/Wireless 2200BG, and I can't get a thumbdrive to mount USB to transfer drivers to try do I am stuck burning them to CD.

However despite the serious driver problems it looks good, boots in 23seconds and as long as you don't need accelerated video eg. for games and movies, the operation is smooth. I think the interface is nicer than XP or Ubuntu that I had on the Thinkpad previoulsy.

guys im downloading this at 2kbps....through http tunnel......can some one seed it

Ok folks, FINALLY someone has upp'd it to the NewsGroups, and I'm dling it (w/ v1 patch) at 700Kb/s! I HATE torrents. Ill be finished with the 4 gig file in less than an hour or so. GO USE THE NEWSGROUPS, TORRENTS ARE STUPID!

Ok folks, FINALLY someone has upp'd it to the NewsGroups, and I'm dling it (w/ v1 patch) at 700Kb/s! I HATE torrents. Ill be finished with the 4 gig file in less than an hour or so. GO USE THE NEWSGROUPS, TORRENTS ARE STUPID!

Which group are you finding it in? I can't seem to find it. Is it a different filename?

after installation, i'm stuck at a blue screen after the gray apple logo...

pc specs is in my sig...

i re-installed a couple of times using the onboard video as my main video making sure on all installs, i included the intel package plus...

- gma950 package

- 10.4 about mac crash fix

and another reinstallation with the intel package (using a separate x1950pro) but with...

- natit ati package

- 10.4 about mac crash fix

both installations only hang at the blue screen.

my board's chipset is an i945G with ICH7R southbridge.

Hey everyone.

This version was my first installing it on a pc. I`m used to macintoshes for a while, so I know how much better it is than any other os out there.

Well, anyway, I have an Athlon 64 3000+ /FX5200/K8vx-x Asus motherboard/512ddr/80Gb SATA.

I burnt jas on a rw dvd, booted, selected almost every package and installed. I was amazed by how simple it was. But I must confess, I really missed install options (archieve and install, erase and install, etc.).

After installed, I was amazed/scared by how fast it works! I didn`t expect such a great performance, better than most pmg5 out there.

But the audio didn`t work, iCal and usb wasn`t recognized.

After a few attempts, audio worked, but only on the left side. I didn`t get to try an usb solution.

Then I decided to use software update. After the security update, finder stopped responding, so I had to reinstall.

When I reinstalled, I was more careful about the packages I`d install. And the result was amazing.

Audio now works fine, USB too. Right now I`m charging my iPod nano!

Ok, I know it wasn`t useful my comment, but I`d just like to register how glad I am about the Hackintosh community. You guys are working great to make sure everything works. I hope from now on I can help the community! I have windows vista installed on another partition. It can`t compare to mac os x, even a hacked non-official version! Microsoft should be ashamed!

Oh, btw, my iCal still doesn`t work. Anyone got an idea?

my iCal doesn't work either, no idea what the problem is

I've been using JaS's 10.4.6 release for a few months. Should I bother upgrading from 10.4.6 to 10.4.8? I've heard this release is faster than the older ones thanks to some updates, and I'm wondering if they're generally good enough to warrant the upgrade. Thanks.

edit: I have SSE2 if that matters. Is the SSE2 performance improved?

Edited by kess

Hi All,

I have a small problem with the Jas DVD 10.4.8, before it i was using osx fine (10.4.7), now when i installed this as new , everything is detected apart from my network card ;) i.e. Broadcom.

system is :

Dell 915 chipset

GMA900

SATA HDD (Works fine)

Broadcom network builtin

Everything else works fine apart frm the network.

Any help ???

Regards to All

Mutahir