New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

System configuration file /com.apple.Boot.plist not found

This had never happen before :( , installing on an intel 845g w/ 384mb and celeron SSe2 2.6 ghz

Press F8 before booting OS X and type -v.

I got the same Error in VMware... but i can't install...

Alex

how do you apply the new ppf to the old image, to update it, the one on demonoid released by jasser

Get PPF-O-Matic: http://www.paradogs.com/pdx_ppf3.htm

It comes in Windows, OSX and Java versions. The OSX version has a tendency to crash a lot. I prefer using the Windows version.

Run PPF-O-Matic and tell it where the ISO file is and where the PPF file is. It will modify the ISO file with the patch provided by the PPF file. For safety sake, you might want to save a copy of the ISO file before modifying it.

Then burn the patched ISO file to a DVD and run it.

Jas; indeed i had 2 rars that were corrupted after downloading. They all were 15.000k big, bittorrent thought they were ok. But when unrarring i got errors on 2 files. So i deleted them and forced reload after that they were now ok when unrarring.

Glad you made al those rar files instaed of 1 iso.

ps and i didnt complained on demon :-)

Edited by wow

hi again.

I solve my com.apple.Boot.plist problem it was kind of wired there was an unused part if the HD i belive it was at the begining, I just had to reformat to use that space and reinstall and now its running whithout internet.

I read the post of another guy with the same chipset (intel 845g) having the same problem

built in sound works (AC97)

built in video works with vesa 3 no QE/CI

every thing else looks pretty cool

In the SSE3 only I had no GMA950 support and in this SSE2 SSE3 dvd I have no usb support on my Intel 945GNT board, not sure whats going on there, also I had to install the same way I did with SSE3 only dvd by formatting the drive with an older dvd then running the setup from this one to make the drive bootable, i'm glad I have GMA950 resolution changing back but I have to reboot to my old 10.4.5 updated to 10.4.8 with old kernel installation to use my usb ports for anything.

If any of you have an account on Torrent-Damage.net then you can download both the DVD and Patch I uploaded the DVD yesterday and Patch a moment ago and am seeding from my box at 10,000 kB/s + 5,000 kB/s from other seeder so like I said if you have an acount come and download it.

Or just go to irc.torrent-damage.net and join #td-invite to get an invite and download :thumbsup_anim:

AdamB

Now that people are actually posting technical questions in this thread, I hope you'll forgive me for re-asking a few I entered on the first page.

**Also, people posting success stories with installation. Would it be possible for you to include more hardware details: mfr/model of computer or CPU (SSE2 or SSE3)/Wired/Wireless Network Card Model/Video Card model)? (MoBo and Chipset Info would also be interesting, but less critical.)**

I'm planning to upgrade from an Intel Pentium M, Nvidia (GeForce 5200) currently running Jas 10.4.6 and MacVidia 1.08 (Dell Inspiron 8600, actually w/Truemobile 1450)

1) Can a system running Jas 10.4.6 (with NV Nvidia driver) be upgraded cleanly with this DVD or is it a better idea to do a clean install on another drive and migrate user profiles?

2) Will the Titan package upgrade cleanly over the MacVidia 1.08 driver, or would it be better to uninstall the MacVidia driver before attempting an upgrade?

3) Should the 10.4.4 login window files be selected?

4) Is the problem with the crashing/desktop reset when "About This Mac" is selected fixed? (There is a purported 10.4.8 patch mentioned in the following thread:

http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?sho....4+login+window

5) Will Broadcom 440X Ethernet work right away after applying the PPF, or is it still necessary to insert an old version of the IOFamilyNetworking.Kext?

6) What's the situation with Itunes 7 and Quicktime 7.13? Are these the versions on the DVD? Is the problem with the Core Audio going bad and losing all the sound under Quicktime 7.13 now patched? (AC97 soundcard).

serious problem

just installed 10.4.8 from the new DVD (patch ppfv1 applied)

10.4.8 Intel package selected in installation

I discovered that many if not half of the extentsions are PowerPC only!!!

The ones which are Intel or Universal seem to be just the ones contained in the combo update. It almost seems as if the install DVD was based of a PowerPC install DVD or what (i know maybe I'm stupid).

for example plugin extensions inside IONetworkingfamily.kext:

show package contents, Contents->Plugins->AppleBCM440x...kext -> get info

Kind: Kernel Extension (PowerPC)

is that only me or can anyone confirm?

I got stupid errors in installation log saying: "blahblah.kext doesn't contain code for the architecture specified, skipping the kext that contains it"

my installation log attached

Have I screwed up sth during installation or not?

thx

Installer_Log_5_Jan_2007.txt

These versions aren't working at all for me - I tried the patched and the unpatched version, checked the checksums, etc., what I'm getting is:

1) Booting with the IDE Controller, I get an error message without even going to the installer (no gray apple logo, etc.) - And the error message is 'Still waiting for root device'.

2) Booting with AHCI, I actually do get some error messages beforehand, but the installer will appear after a while. The problem is that the installer will cancel the installation as soon as it's installed 44% of the Essentials Package - Every single time.

So nope, not working here at all.

I have the patched 10.4.8 dvd.... I have an asus p5gd1 vm motherboard with an intel 915 chipset and on board networking. Now I got my video working but the network still won't work. It's like it doesn't see the network card and it's always worked with the other dvd's ...... very strange.... I went to irc and no one was able to give me any ideas...

Any fixes?

Magicman