New JaS DVD (AMD, INTEL SSE2, SSE3)

NemoKOF

455 posts in this topic

I dunno, I tried in on 2 workstations now, one was an Asus P5b, 2 gigs of RAM, 7900 gto, E6600 Core 2 Duo and booting the IDE Controller I got a AppleHDA.kext failed to load error followed by a flood of error messages that were along the line of System/Library/PrivateFrameworks.... something not loaded and booting with AHCI, the installer always hangs at 44%.

On the other machine (dunno the exact specs, it's a Pentium D), it's the same thing - AppleHDA.kext failed to load.

The checksums are okay, I tried it with the patched and the unpatched Discs to no avail.

Hi, I am new here.

Just a few day's ago I downloaded the new JaS dvd from mininova ( I tried JaS 10.4.7 before which worked great, except for audio and video files ), but I had a few technical problems ( no network and no usb for example ). Then I heard that I needed the patch, but i could not find it anywhere on other torrent site's than Demonoid, but the problem is that I don't have an account over there.

So to get to the point, can someone send me an invite to Demonoid ? my e-mail is rednev @ gmail.com, thanks in advance!.

Also thanks to JaS and Semthex to make this possible, I am really considering buying a Mac Book Pro at the end of this year!

So to get to the point, can someone send me an invite to Demonoid ? my e-mail is rednev @ gmail.com, thanks in advance!.

though i dont hv any invitation quota, i've pmed you the bctp link to get the ppf patch

I Just finished downloading the ISO, as with 10.4.7 my PS2 keyboard does not work... either on .7 or .8..., i've got a Microsoft Internet Keyboard, also, when i try to format the drive with Disk Utilities (in the Gui), it gets stuck..

Anyone know whats going on?

Hi every1...

I'm very new here (my 1st post)and wanted to say thankyou InsanelyMac Jas and company and everyone else here for making my PC OSX dream come true.

Everything worked great when using Jas DVD 10.4.7 except for QE/CI support. So than I wated till now.

Installed Jas 10.4.8 (with ppf) and added Nvidia titan in the installation. After installing completed (While booting up), My Monitor's power buton will blink because there is no video present. I really believe my system is booted but I think the problem here is video support. I have Nvidia PCI Express Quadro FX 1300. There's nobody in any topics that I have found that have this cardworking with OSX. It worked great in 10.4.7 but without QE/CI. I feel Im sooooooooo close.

help ;) Jas :) Any1 :)

Thanks

Intel Pentium 4 530, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)

Asus P5AD2-E Premium (3 PCI, 2 PCI-E x1, 1 PCI-E x16, 4 DDR2 DIMM, Audio, Dual Gigabit LAN, IEEE-1394)

Intel Alderwood i925XE

1024 MB (DDR2-533 DDR2 SDRAM)

NVIDIA Quadro FX 1300 (128 MB)

Intel 82801FB ICH6 - High Definition Audio Controller [b-2]

Texas Instruments TSB82AA2 1394B OHCI 1.1+ Compliant Link-Layer Controller

Hitachi SATA Hard Drives

Hi, I had the same problem with my GeForce Go7400 and here I'm going to explain how I fix it.

1. Start your comp and just befor boot hit F8 buton, then type "-s" and hit Enter

2. Wate until the page is loding and then type "mount -uw /" and hit enter. Now you can edit whatever you want.

3. Type nano System/Library/Extentions/GeForce.kext/Contens/Info.plist +enter, scrol down until you see <key>IOPCIMatch</key>. You have to enter the ID of your Video cart like I did in this way"<string>0x004010de&amp 0x01d810de". 0x01d810de is mine ID and this an example! Do Ctrl+O enter and Ctrl+x to exit.

4. Do the same with NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDARessman.kext.

5. Do chown -R and chmod -R. Don't forget to remove Extentons.mkext and kextcache

6. Reboot. You will have a desktop but whitout QE/CI. If You don't have an Ethernet working I hope I can help you again. Success!!!

Hi, I had the same problem with my GeForce Go7400 and here I'm going to explain how I fix it.

1. Start your comp and just befor boot hit F8 buton, then type "-s" and hit Enter

2. Wate until the page is loding and then type "mount -uw /" and hit enter. Now you can edit whatever you want.

3. Type nano System/Library/Extentions/GeForce.kext/Contens/Info.plist +enter, scrol down until you see <key>IOPCIMatch</key>. You have to enter the ID of your Video cart like I did in this way"<string>0x004010de&amp 0x01d810de". 0x01d810de is mine ID and this an example! Do Ctrl+O enter and Ctrl+x to exit.

4. Do the same with NVDANV40Hal.kext and NVDARessman.kext.

5. Do chown -R and chmod -R. Don't forget to remove Extentons.mkext and kextcache

6. Reboot. You will have a desktop but whitout QE/CI. If You don't have an Ethernet working I hope I can help you again. Success!!!

Sorry if it's sound like stupid question.

Does the patch JaS.10.4.8.AMD.Intel.SSe2.SSe3.v1p.ppf good also to

JaS.10.4.8.Intel.SSE3.Only.Install.DVD.iso MD5 = 36463658aff360345550fd6245645831

Edited by yossicl

Some people reported problems with LoginWindow.app too, well I have them too.

I have an ATI x1150 notebook graphic card but it runs with Natit at least the bootup process shows that its recognized fine but then my notebook crashes after it tries to start LoginWindow.app.

(Posted here too: http://forum.insanelymac.com/index.php?showtopic=37956)

Anyone with the LoginWindow issue solved the problem??? Can it possibly be my graphic card that causes the crash or something else I'm not having in mind?

Just wanted to report that in the latest Jas Release 10.4.8 with PPF 1 there seems to be a problem with the IONetworkingFamily.kext. All content in the plugins folder is PPC only code and will not load correctly. So if you have network problems, exchange that stuff with universal content.

Just wanted to report that in the latest Jas Release 10.4.8 with PPF 1 there seems to be a problem with the IONetworkingFamily.kext. All content in the plugins folder is PPC only code and will not load correctly. So if you have network problems, exchange that stuff with universal content.

Is what you are saying is to copy the IONetworkingFamily and the IO80211Family from another version, like 10.4.6 or 7? If so, have any clue where one might download that from? :tomato:

Is what you are saying is to copy the IONetworkingFamily and the IO80211Family from another version, like 10.4.6 or 7? If so, have any clue where one might download that from? :tomato:

Right,replace the whole kext with the one from 10.4.7, or go and download the 10.4.8 Intel Combo Update from the Apple Website and extract the kext with Pacifist.

Right,replace the whole kext with the one from 10.4.7, or go and download the 10.4.8 Intel Combo Update from the Apple Website and extract the kext with Pacifist.

Well I guess i am having a little problem with the extraction. I dont have a copy of 10.4.7, but i do have the 10.4.8 Intel Combo update. However its a .dmg file and i am not sure exactly how to use Pacifist to extract any of the data. i have looked throught the .dmg update. Can you tell me where it is on the update package?

Great release.. installed without a hitch on my P5B thru VMware. I patched the .iso with the jas ppf, burn to a dvd+r, try to boot it from the dvd but with no luck (because of the jmicron chip). Used VMware to emulate FreeBSD 64bit.

USB, ATIX1300, bluetooth pen and JMIcron363 worked out of the box, had to patch ICH8, sound and realtek ethernet. System profiler reports the cpu and memory correctly.

The system apears to be faster, but xbench reports the same value (+/- 127)

Well.. it may be the last JaS release.. but it is surely one of his best. Thank you.

Didn't install on my SiS board.... but great on my intel.

I am pumping this out at a good 200kb/s, so grab it up guys! I have to take this laptop to work, so I will probably not seed this during the day, but I'll leave on at nights.... lets see if I can get a nice 20 ratio :tomato:

Great job JaS!!