[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

423 posts in this topic

Latest OCLP nightly, fixed Broadcom WIFI in Sonoma 14.4. Change IOSkywalkFamily.kext with the one attached. Keep the rest as is. Until now I patched some new and legacy rigs and all is same like before 14.4. Thank you, OCLP devs!

IOSkywalkFamily.kext.zip

Update: From @khronokernel: "Note with 14.4: Auto-Join may not work until you forget and rejoin the network"

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 9

Latest OCLP nightly, fixed Broadcom WIFI in Sonoma 14.4. Change IOSkywalkFamily.kext with the one attached. Keep the rest as is. Until now I patched some new and legacy rigs and all is same like before 14.4. Thank you, OCLP devs!
IOSkywalkFamily.kext.zip

I can’t seem to find a way to download the latest nightly. My googlefu is failing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

IOSkywalkFamily.kext.zip 186.63 kB · 11 downloads

Thanks for that also worked at Sonoma 14.4 beta2 in my Z97 hackintosh.

Screenshot 2024-02-12 at 10.50.07 AM.png

• Like 3

14.4 Beta, all good here no worries.

Can't let the wife know I have placed my latest purchase (the AX210 Card) in my box of junk as she calls it. :cry:

• Like 2
  • Haha 7

48 minutes ago, eSaF said:

14.4 Beta, all good here no worries.

Can't let the wife know I have placed my latest purchase (the AX210 Card) in my box of junk as she calls it. :cry:

@eSaF

My dear brother, I know how much more practical and convenient it is to use resources with Broadcom cards. But today, honestly, I'm more focused on Intel card technology. They are truly sensational. In addition to not using OCLP, which opens holes for attacks, it certainly makes the system more stable and secure. Your sense of humor makes people happy here!!

Hugs my friend!! 

:hysterical:

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Max.1974 said:

Your sense of humor makes people happy here!!

Yes Bro, I was the kid at the back of the class in school being a jackass on a daily basis. :jester:

I dare say I never grew up, so the wife says.

I wish I'd pay more attention though so that all this computer stuff won't fly over my head. :graduated:

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

You really have to congratulate the OCLP developers for once again managing to correct everything that Apple changed again to annoy us.

I still have a late iMac late 2013 (iMac 14.2) here to experiment with and it is now running Sonoma 14.4 Beta2 again.

The nVidia Keppler was restored and LAN Ethernet, but WLAN doesn't work, but it doesn't matter, I don't need WLAN with this thing.

• Like 4

Hey guys,

Is this IOSkywalkFamily kext supposed to work for BT dongles, as well? I've got an old Asus BT-400 that kind-sorta works with BrcmPatchRAM and all that, but only for listening to audio. It does not work with microphones (for example a pair of BT headphones connected to it).

I tried this kext on my rig but the system wouldn't boot with it. Soo...looks like it doesn't like it very much. :)) I was also wondering if, with this kext, it would be possible to use socketed WIFI cards such as this one (only an example) and have everything working (wifi, BT, AirDrop and all that). I don't particularly need WiFi, since this is a Desktop. But BT would be really nice, cause I do need that mic working.

Anyway, I was only curious about your experience and your recommendations, if you guys tried this or have any experience with it.

I'm currently on Sonoma 14.3.1

Thank you!

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

11 hours ago, Antonuccio said:

as regards the Asus BT-400, only BlueToolFixup.kext is sufficient

Well yeah… but does the mic work? Cause it doesn’t for me. Can’t even switch to Input in Sound settings. 

Edited by arsradu
  • Like 1

Hi guys goodnight to all,

Anyone has the last OCLP I finished the update with the IOSkywalkFamily kext, but I lost most my icons in the menu bar...

@arsradu good to see you my friend, are you well?

Thanks

• Like 2