[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

423 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Does beta 2 fix anything to do with wifi / menu bar with OCLP?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The short answer? No.  But for the record, when I removed OCLP patches, my menu bar returned to normal (except for the line through my wifi icon) and Bluetooth works for me.  With the OCLP patches, I had problems installing the 14.4 beta 1 update.  Without OCLP, beta 2 installed without incident.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Does beta 2 fix anything to do with wifi / menu bar with OCLP?

No it doesn't, I tried Beta 2 on my Test Disk with Beta 1 and nothing has changed as far as the glitches in the first one.

When available, I will do a clean install of B2 and document my findings.

• Like 3

This is a screenshot for 14.4 b2 for my system: z590 Vision G with intel i5 11600K, Nvidia Gforce 710(Kepler) with intel AX210, Nvidia  has been patched with OpenCore 1.4.0 and working like charm.

I have another system works same but with Radeon RX 6750 xt loaded with NootRX.kext it has wifi and bluetooth working but AppleALC not loading.

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 10.46.33 PM.png

Edited by maly70
  • Like 3

For my part, with the update to 14.4 in beta 2, nothing new regarding the disappearance of WiFi for my broadcom fenvi card since the beta 1 (OCLP still no longer appears able to resolve the problem and considerably slows down the startup of the Hack) and this same with OC 0.9.8.
Only the Wifi of the Intel card located on the motherboard continues to work with the manipulation described in the discussion on Sonoma 14 until 14.3 (with the ad-hoc kexts + helliport).
I would like to point out that I carried out this update without problem with Clover 5157 which still works very well (for pleasure) even if with Opencore configured for Intel Wifi there is no problem either. (Gigabyte z390 Core i9-9900K 3.6GHz; 32GB RAM; Radeon RX 580 8GB)

Capture d’écran 2024-02-06 à 23.32.19.png

Edited by Gradou
  • Like 1

Not being a Coder or being close to understanding the workings of a Mac, could this (as shown) be the problem of our Intel based machines?

Having read the Released Notes that accompanied Beta2 on Apple's Developers Site, this peaked my interest.

Maybe you brainiacs will enlighten me. Even though I am in my twilight years I am very keen to learn.

Besides in some quarters of the medical profession, they claim it keeps Dementia at bay in one's latter years.:)

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 09.00.22.png

• Haha 3

@eSaF

Hi,

I don't think that's the reason for WiFi and OCLP not working on the latest beta. Apple has changed something and OCLP requires to be updated for the new changes.

The build number on your screenshot is different from what Intel Machines get, 23E5191e is for Apple Silicon and for Intel machines it's 23E5180j

• Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

23E5191e is for Apple Silicon and for Intel machines it's 23E5180j

Hi Bro I think you're mixing up Beta1 and Beta2.

23E5191e is the newest release (B2). Correct me if I am wrong.

Edit: 

Strange there are no Release Notes for 14.4 Beta1. :o

Screenshot 2024-02-07 at 10.00.38.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 4

6 minutes ago, Antonuccio said:

So I would have a chip with Apple Silicon? 🙃

How is booting, is it comparable with say  the released 14.3 (23D56).

When I tried it on my test disk, it took 4 minutes to reach the Desktop minus some Menu Bar Icons.

Then again That was with OCLP patching.

@Cyberdevs - No worries man Understood.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, eSaF said:

How is booting, is it comparable with say  the released 14.3 (23D56).

When I tried it on my test disk, it took 4 minutes to reach the Desktop minus some Menu Bar Icons.

Then again That was with OCLP patching.

@Cyberdevs - No worries man Understood.

4min ?! 😲 😬
Could it depend on the disc, trim...?!

No difference with the Release... we are there

To reach the destop 15/20 sec.
No OCLP
No problems with the bar menu

The only problem with the first beta was Safari Widget (which I don't use by the way) which crashed

Spoiler

Screenshot2024-02-04alle17_44_48.thumb.p

It seems to have disappeared with the second beta

• Like 1

6 hours ago, maly70 said:

This is a screenshot for 14.4 b2 for my system: z590 Vision G with intel i5 11600K, Nvidia Gforce 710(Kepler) with intel AX210, Nvidia  has been patched with OpenCore 1.4.0 and working like charm.

Hello !! Where have you found OCLP 1.4.0 ? 🤔

27 minutes ago, Antonuccio said:

No OCLP

Ahaaaaa yes that's the key, if you're dependant on OCLP it breaks the install. 

Well not exactly making it un-usable but glitchy.

Being a faithful T-919 user for a long, long time, I have ordered an AX210 Card just incase OCLP will have to be revised only to be broken in the next Update over and over until the Devs run out of patience.

Never the less, I will have both bases covered so to speak until Apple finally pulls the plug on Intel machines.

When that time comes, I will be extra nice to the wife (you know where I am going with this). :)

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3

Great Hack friends, unfortunately I tried to upload the beta installer, not works a fresh installer, from scratch. And just to help with information about Intel 6 wifi, both the AX211 M.2 and the AX210 (laptop and another desktop).

But unfortunately, as expected, the beta is a very bad program to use normally, let alone, imagine on Hackintosh!

So how could I even install it, because even changing to the version for these 14.4 b1 and b2 betas from Airport Intel, there's no way to even upload it. And as I never intend to install OCLP, which breaks everything like a child with new toys, I'm not even going to take the risk.

Sorry to the colleague @CloverLeaf who I was willing to test. Let's stay on dry land for now!!

Testing on my real Mac is useless here...unless someone needs more information.

Hugs!!

:drool:

Edited by Max.1974
  • Like 2

Well, I did some digging and there are several major changes to these files in macOS Sonoma 14.3 and 14.4 (beta 1 and) 2 in regard to the WiFi frameworks.

Sonoma 14.3

/System/Library/Frameworks
CoreWLAN.framework 1.2 MB

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks

CoreAnalytics.framework 16.3 MB
CoreWiFi.framewrok 2.5 MB
IO80211.framework 606 KB
WiFiAnalytics.framework 4.2 MB
WiFiPolicy.framework 5.8 MB
WiFiPeerToPeer.framework 726 KB

Sonoma 14.4 Beta 2

/System/Library/Frameworks

CoreWLAN.framework 166 KB

/System/Library/PrivateFrameworks
CoreAnalytics.framework 16.6 MB
CoreWiFi.framewrok 3 KB
IO80211.framework 3 KB
WiFiAnalytics.framework 1.5 MB
WiFiPolicy.framework 2.8 MB
WiFiPeerToPeer.framework 123 KB

This should explain why our beloved fenvi T919 cards doesn't work anymore with OCLP patches and definitely there are more changes under the hood of the 14.4 B1 and B2

• Like 6
  • Sad 1

23 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

This should explain why our beloved fenvi T919 cards doesn't work anymore with OCLP patches and definitely there are more changes under the hood of the 14.4 B1 and B2

At this moment I am trying my luck with an Intel AX210 Card.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, eSaF said:

At this moment I am trying my luck with an Intel AX210 Card.

It will work as @maly70 just confirmed it would.

But you're gonna lose AirDrop and other functionalities as you already know.

• Like 3

@MaLd0n

I'm still on Monterey so I'm not worried if my fenvi T919 doesn't work in Sonoma 14.4 and newer ;)

Just got curious to see what has changed in Sonoma 14.4 B1&2 and even if this is the end of line for my BT/WiFi and if I decide to upgrade to Ventura it'll be fun for me for a while with a NEW OS Upgrade :hysterical:

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

32 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

But you're gonna lose AirDrop and other functionalities as you already know.

Yes, that is what I am dreading, I will do it on my Test Disk and play around with it after removing the T-919.

To be honest I don't know why I am going to such length knowing all the short comings of the AX210 compared to the Fenvi.

Then again frustration has a lot to do with it.:frantics:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3