[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

423 posts in this topic

Latest macOS Sonoma 14.4 (23E5191e) is not available yet in Apple servers. Latest version seen is macOS Sonoma 14.4 (23E5180j). But usually is uploaded in few hours. GitMacOs and other utilities look for macOS in the Apple servers.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 4

Z690 hack updated

image.png.dd59cec18211ccf174ab0f6444d0bb53.png

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

Latest macOS Sonoma 14.4 (23E5191e) is not available yet in Apple servers. Latest version seen is macOS Sonoma 14.4 (23E5180j). But usually is uploaded in few hours. GitMacOs and other utilities look for macOS in the Apple servers.

I have it

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@BALDY_MAN

I mean looking for the beta in any app out of Software Update. Not seen yet in gibMacOS or Download Full Installer or Mist...

In other words, The Full Installer. :wink_anim:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Can anyone confirm that they are able to mount USB drives in 14.4 beta 1 or 2.  I cannot get my Time Machine drive recognized but when I boot into a partition with 14.3 on the same laptop, it is detected just fine.

7 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Can anyone confirm that they are able to mount USB drives in 14.4 beta 1 or 2.  I cannot get my Time Machine drive recognized but when I boot into a partition with 14.3 on the same laptop, it is detected just fine.

All that I can say is, if you're using OCLP to patch b1 or b2, you'll be subjected to all sorts of quirks.

Apart from breaking WiFi you'll have missing Menu Bar Icons. If you're not using OCLP then that is an avenue I have not been down.

• Like 1

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/12/17/052-42595-A_VRB4VPGB8O/aoovu5ky3lrrxgbywrww6mlinss96zu9rp/InstallAssistant.pkg

macOS Sonoma Beta (23E5180

Screenshot 2024-02-06 at 23.27.34.png

Edited by Rocky12
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, eSaF said:

All that I can say is, if you're using OCLP to patch b1 or b2, you'll be subjected to all sorts of quirks.

Apart from breaking WiFi you'll have missing Menu Bar Icons. If you're not using OCLP then that is an avenue I have not been down.

I thought you didn't update to 14.4 b1 or b2 and are avoiding doing so.  How would you know whether USB drives work in a system you aren't using?  Please, can someone who actually has 14.4 running on their computer confirm whether a USB drive can be detected on their computer.  I see mine in System Info->USB but not in SATA, not in Disk Utility, and not in Finder.  Nothing personal eSaF but you don't have a dog in this fight.

BTW, I am using USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.6.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

36 minutes ago, Rocky12 said:
https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/12/17/052-42595-A_VRB4VPGB8O/aoovu5ky3lrrxgbywrww6mlinss96zu9rp/InstallAssistant.pkg

macOS Sonoma Beta (23E5180)

23E5180 is not the latest. It's 23E5191e.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Nothing personal eSaF but you don't have a dog in this fight.

My friend please go back to page 3 in this Topic and you'll see my little puppy was barking at anything that moved.

And in this Hack game I never take anything personal, I am big enough and certainly old enough to accept criticism and admit when I am wrong. :angel:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

23 minutes ago, miliuco said:

23E5180 is not the latest. It's 23E5191e.

Just checked there is no beta2 yet
that link is for beta1

Spoiler

Screenshot_2024-02-07-00-04-09-924_com.android.chrome.thumb.png.ae4cd519edcd9e17c9a4188fb89f70a4.png

From Mist app

[
  {
    "beta" : true,
    "build" : "23E5180j",
    "compatible" : true,
    "date" : "2024-01-31",
    "distribution" : "https:\/\/swdist.apple.com\/content\/downloads\/12\/17\/052-42595-A_VRB4VPGB8O\/aoovu5ky3lrrxgbywrww6mlinss96zu9rp\/052-42595.English.dist",
    "identifier" : "052-42595",
    "name" : "macOS Sonoma beta",
    "packages" : [
      {
        "integrityDataSize" : 104,
        "integrityDataURL" : "https:\/\/swcdn.apple.com\/content\/downloads\/12\/17\/052-42595-A_VRB4VPGB8O\/aoovu5ky3lrrxgbywrww6mlinss96zu9rp\/MajorOSInfo.pkg.integrityDataV1",
        "size" : 1409596,
        "url" : "https:\/\/swcdn.apple.com\/content\/downloads\/12\/17\/052-42595-A_VRB4VPGB8O\/aoovu5ky3lrrxgbywrww6mlinss96zu9rp\/MajorOSInfo.pkg"
      },

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

In other words, The Full Installer. :wink_anim:

sorry just from update my friend

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@BALDY_MAN

I mean looking for the beta in any app out of Software Update. Not seen yet in gibMacOS or Download Full Installer or Mist...

sorry my friend I just did from update

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, eSaF said:

My friend please go back to page 3 in this Topic and you'll see my little puppy was barking at anything that moved.

And in this Hack game I never take anything personal, I am big enough and certainly old enough to accept criticism and admit when I am wrong. :angel:

Now that I think of it, wasn't it you that restored a Time Machine backup to revert from 14.4 to 14.3?  I tried to do just that and Time Machine in my 14.4 Recovery partition could not detect my USB Time Machine Backup Drive.  That is my ultimate endgame - reverting back to 14.3 until OCLP is updated.

Edited by mnfesq

Crickets......................................

In the land of Alternative Facts and Conspiracy Theories makes one disbelieve everyone and everything.

It's all good though, I will wait for the full installer of Beta 2 and make this dog bark a little louder. :hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

• Haha 4

5 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

Now that I think of it, wasn't it you that restored a Time Machine backup to revert from 14.4 to 14.3?  

Never used Time Machine, whenever I messed up I always opt for a clean install, this is also documented in my previous (old) posts.

Incase you missed the reasoning, I do clean installs if there is a glitch so that I don't port over the same using Time Machine or an Update.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, mnfesq said:

I thought you didn't update to 14.4 b1 or b2 and are avoiding doing so.  How would you know whether USB drives work in a system you aren't using?  Please, can someone who actually has 14.4 running on their computer confirm whether a USB drive can be detected on their computer.  I see mine in System Info->USB but not in SATA, not in Disk Utility, and not in Finder.  Nothing personal eSaF but you don't have a dog in this fight.

BTW, I am using USBInjectAll.kext version 0.7.6.

There you are

image.thumb.png.cd0f80c66ff1d7c170ae0f36714f060e.png

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1