Jump to content

[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4


371 posts in this topic

Recommended Posts

Hello,

 

Can you provide full installer as my update is blocked at 30min remaining and I don't know how to fix it ?

 

Many thanks

 

Edit : my mistake, it was just the timer that was blocked

Edited by nyu1985
  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I don't know but there is something different about this latest Beta install. I have been stuck at 30 minutes remaining now with no further movement, only the flickering Hard Drive LED light.

Normaly by now I would be in the last phase of the install. I will leave it running and see what gives. :cry:

  • Sad 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I managed to download and can see it on my boot screen but a message says start up image failed, i can still boot into sonoma beta 14.3 but not the 14.4 tried twice it sits as an update

 

Edited by fuzzylogic
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I have installed 14.4. I had to disable all of my WiFi-related kexts in OC config to get it to install. Post-install I re-enabled them and repatched the root files but WiFi doesn’t work. Ethernet is working and I am trying to isolate the problem now. 

 

LATER:  It appears that the WiFi kext is not loading.  I suspect the problem may be with the IO80211FamilyLegacy.kext or its AirPortBrcmNIC.kext plugin.

 

STILL LATER:  It appears that this is not a kext problem at all.  It appears that OCLP needs to be updated to be compatible with macOS 14.4 beta.  Reverting root patches fixed the problems with the WiFi page in system preferences and the menubar display for the clock, wifi, bluetooth, battery, and control center.  Of course, wifi does not work without OCLP's root patches.  Hopefully, an update will be available shortly.

Edited by mnfesq
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

43 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I don't know but there is something different about this latest Beta install. I have been stuck at 30 minutes remaining now with no further movement, only the flickering Hard Drive LED light.

Normaly by now I would be in the last phase of the install. I will leave it running and see what gives. :cry:

I had the same. Just leave it and it will reboot as expected

Link to comment
Share on other sites

And disable airportitlwm that broke in 14.4 beta, turn it off before rebooting or use itlwm + heliport 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Update done, but I lost wifi and lost my sound, bluetooth, and wifi icons in the right corner of my screen...

It starts well beta 14.4, LOL

Edited by MorenoAv
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I still get start image failed, i can still boot into sonoma but it will not install the update, i disabled secure boot and it made no difference are there any boot arges that need to be applied, beta 14.3 was fine, i have also disabled kext for wifi and bluetooth

I. wonder how to remove a failed update? and perhaps try and. re download it

Link to comment
Share on other sites

46 minutes ago, fuzzylogic said:

I still get start image failed, i can still boot into sonoma but it will not install the update, i disabled secure boot and it made no difference are there any boot arges that need to be applied, beta 14.3 was fine, i have also disabled kext for wifi and bluetooth

I. wonder how to remove a failed update? and perhaps try and. re download it

It worked here disabling secure boot and wifi/BT kexts. Redownload the update after you boot without those kexts. 

1 hour ago, MorenoAv said:

Update done, but I lost wifi and lost my sound, bluetooth, and wifi icons in the right corner of my screen...

It starts well beta 14.4, LOL

WiFi was lost here as well... Airportitlwm just causes Sonoma to crash after booting... 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, eSaF said:

I don't know but there is something different about this latest Beta install. I have been stuck at 30 minutes remaining now with no further movement, only the flickering Hard Drive LED light.

Normaly by now I would be in the last phase of the install. I will leave it running and see what gives. :cry:

THe same for me bro. it got to 30 mins then went to the update screen. after trying to boot from the install icon in my boot loader.it scrolled a bit And rebooted. to my boot loader. I can boot into the 14.3 os but if I try the installer its not working

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

No succes :(

 

After the update final phase where the password is asked no keyboard tried wireless keyboard same result

not seen this problem with other users so I stay in the meantime on Sonoma 14.3 !!!

 

one update and  two other  new installation my eyes  so tired  ;)

Link to comment
Share on other sites

48 minutes ago, jm26200 said:

No succes :(

 

After the update final phase where the password is asked no keyboard tried wireless keyboard same result

not seen this problem with other users so I stay in the meantime on Sonoma 14.3 !!!

 

one update and  two other  new installation my eyes  so tired  ;)

I have tried the usual update route plus the successful ones in the posts above and all stayed in the initial install phase stuck at 30 minutes remaining.

I left it like this for approx: an hour with no further progress. I think the general consensus is, OCLP needs tweaking at the next release for this and possibly Sonoma updates.

My System is running latest OpenCore 0.9.8 (Release) and OCLP 1.4.0 (Nightly).

I also did try with the released OCLP Version with no success.

 

It'd be interesting to know if the ones who managed an install albeit slightly troublesome, if they have full operation as before this Beta install.

Am I correct in assuming the Broadcom Cards are top of the list once again hit by this installation block??!!

Screenshot 2024-01-30 at 12.38.08.png

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

×
×
  • Create New...