[Pre-Release] macOS Sonoma 14.4

423 posts in this topic

10 hours ago, eSaF said:

The Nightly OCLP version solved that problem is my understanding.

No, my friend @eSaF, unfortunately OCLP 1.4 did not solve the problem with WiFi on the iMac late 2013,

not on Beta2 and not on Beta3.

It's more about the principle, I don't necessarily need WiFi.

I reinstalled OCLP 1.4 especially for this and also checked the IOSkywalkFamily.kext to see if it is the new 1.1.0 and everything is there.

Otherwise the nVidia graphics and Ethernet Lan, Bluetooth were all successfully patched except WiFi.

If it works on other iMac late 2013, it should work on mine too, right?

Thanks for the congratulations... don't you have any tips on how I can solve the problem?

Edited by AlfredoM
  • Like 4

1 hour ago, AlfredoM said:

No, my friend @eSaF, unfortunately OCLP 1.4 did not solve the problem with WiFi on the iMac late 2013,

I reinstalled OCLP 1.4 especially for this and also checked the IOSkywalkFamily.kext to see if it is the new 1.1.0 and everything is there.

Otherwise the nVidia graphics and Ethernet Lan, Bluetooth were all successfully patched except WiFi.

Thanks for the congratulations... don't you have any tips on how I can solve the problem?

If you are not update OpenCore from OCLP, You have to change in your EFI/OC/Kexts

IOSkywalkFamily.kext from Here IOSkywalkFamily.kext

Edited by chris1111

5 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

I suggest you report this issue on the MacRumors forums since all the relevant OCLP devs are active there: macOS Sonoma on unsupported Macs

7 hours ago, AlfredoM said:

@chris1111Everything is exactly like in your picture.

Did you  try Wifi preferences and forget your known networks. After try put them back with the correct password

Some people repport they works

• Like 3

24 minutes ago, meg2014 said:

Okay, I need to backup to 14.4 B1.  Does anyone still have the link for it?

Use this to find all you need, you'll need to update and configure the app once installed to include Betas in Settings of the app itself.

Good luck.

Mist.0.9.dmg.zip

• Like 1

So the reason is that both 14.14 B2 and B3 have screwed my attempts to upgrade.  I think (well, so I hope) that B1 will install while I try to understand why both B2 and B3 just spontaneously reboot.

9 minutes ago, meg2014 said:

So the reason is that both 14.14 B2 and B3 have screwed my attempts to upgrade.  I think (well, so I hope) that B1 will install while I try to understand why both B2 and B3 just spontaneously reboot.

Is that including OCLP patching?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Is that including OCLP patching?

No.  I had B2 working at one point, but then I tried to upgrade to B3, it lunched the B2 I had.  I thought I would be able to re-create it, but no go.....

I have (on this machine) Sonoma 14.3.1 running and its fine, as is Ventura 13.6.5.  Tried to use the same EFI, but no go....I tried to capture the final page of boot where it stops....not sure this is helpful, but, oh well, here it is.

Screenshot 2024-02-15 at 5.47.28 AM.png

@meg2014 - I don know, my own experience was doing a Vanilla Install without any OCLP patching, once I knew the install was stable, I applied OCLP to get WiFi.

To apply following Beta updates, I reverted the OCLP Patching which induces a reboot and then I would update.

Don't forget OCLP was Updated to a Nightly version to accommodate B2, B3 and B4.

Using the old OCLP will cause a Panic.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Did you  try Wifi preferences and forget your known networks. After try put them back with the correct password

Some people repport they works

hello @chris1111
It is not possible for me to activate WiFi (WLAN).

I seem to be lost here, i have a z390 computer running Sonoma via opencore v0.99 but see only mentions of OCLIP here? what happend to discussion on Opencore boot loader with Sonoma ? I am currently downloading sonoma 14.4 beta 3

i do not have wifi or bluetooth working and any attempt to load the kext makes the operating system go into a boot loop, my wifi is the intel onboard, same with bluetooth

am i in the right forum with regard to opencore and desktop computers or has this become an OCLIP thread?

ty 

40 minutes ago, fuzzylogic said:

I seem to be lost here, i have a z390 computer running Sonoma via opencore v0.99 but see only mentions of OCLIP here? what happend to discussion on Opencore boot loader with Sonoma ? I am currently downloading sonoma 14.4 beta 3

i do not have wifi or bluetooth working and any attempt to load the kext makes the operating system go into a boot loop, my wifi is the intel onboard, same with bluetooth

am i in the right forum with regard to opencore and desktop computers or has this become an OCLIP thread?

ty 

Personally I would vanilla install 14.4b3 (without OCLP patching). That's how I did my clean install of 14.4b3 albeit with a Broadcom Card (Fenvi T-919).

As a test I did do it with an Intel AX210 Card, I did achieve WiFi and B/Tooth connection but the function is limited, no AirDrop or Continuity etc, etc.

I don't know if that is at all possible with the Z390 onboard Card, you definitely won't have WiFi at the installation stage but you should at least have Ethernet connection with the correct kext and config entries I would think.

If the install is successful, you can then apply the Nightly OCLP version which has been specially formulated for this Beta.

When I suggest a Vanilla install, I meant treat the install like its' predecessors with just the minimum requirements which can be added after.

I am sure @miliuco and @chris1111 did some interesting Guides on configuring Intel Cards in Sonoma and requirements here on IM.

Good luck.

• Like 1

@fuzzylogic

You are in the right thread, macOS 14.4. beta.

Short story.
macOS Sonoma broke support for Broadcom Wi-Fi that many of us used to our full satisfaction since Catalina and even before. You had to choose, try Sonoma without Wi-Fi or stay in Ventura with Wi-Fi.
OCLP (without I) developers released a fix that allowed us to use Broadcom Wi-Fi in Sonoma again.
But the fourth third beta of macOS 14.4 broke this fix by changing parts of the macOS Wi-Fi stack, we lost Broadcom Wi-Fi again.
A few days ago OCLP released a new fix that allows these Broadcom Wi-Fi to come back.

As you can see, given that many of us use Broadcom Wi-Fi (Fenvi and others), it is logical that in this thread dedicated to macOS 14.4 beta there are posts talking about OCLP and the fixes they release for this issue.

If you have Fenvi T919 and want to have Wi-Fi in Sonoma without having to change Wi-Fi cards, you are interested in these discussions since OCLP is for now the only way to get it.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

@miliuco Sorry but it seems to me that he doesn't have Fenvi  ( " But the fourth beta "  Did I miss it when it came out? 🙂 )

" my wifi is the intel onboard, same with bluetooth "

It wouldn't be bad to open a separate thread with OCLP

@fuzzylogic

I would try disabling the Securebootmodel like the kexts for bluetooth and wifi, reset the nvram and try again

Edited by Antonuccio
  • Like 3

@Antonuccio

I've  inadvertently mixed @fuzzylogic and @eSaF posts, eSaF is who has Fenvi, not fuzzylogic, this is Intel as you say.

Fourth beta is wrong, fixed.

Then, fuzzylogic can benefit of OpenIntelWireless if the chipset is supported. He doesn't need OCLP (thinking only about the wifi).

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

On 2/15/2024 at 1:41 AM, BALDY_MAN said:

updated z690 hack ok

So, I hate to ask, but I'm stumped.  I need some insight as to what is wrong with my config.plist and after trying numerous installs of B2 and B3, I'm desparate.  I have been unable to get B2 or B3 up on my Z790.  I would like to see your config.plist.  I don't need your EFI, just the config.plist (minus the serial number of course).  Also, what SMBIOS are you using?  iMacPro or MacPro, or iMac 20,1?

Can you assist?