[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, antuneddu said:

Sure ... But what? I have tried everything and more 🤷‍♂️

Me too. Even disabling SSDT-PMC thinking that it’s related to AvoidRuntimeDefrag that has to do with NVRAM. 

• Sad 1

7 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Me too. Even disabling SSDT-PMC thinking that it’s related to AvoidRuntimeDefrag that has to do with NVRAM. 

And if you put a SMBIOS of MacPro 7.1 or iMacPro???

By trying you don't lose anything 🤷‍♂️

PS: I'm trying Apple TV and Amazon Prime video and they don't work for me in Ventura 🤔 

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 2

So after a bit of back and forward, i discovered that the issue is with the implementation of avoidRuntimeDefrag in open core, in fact all the systems that doesn't need it can boot macos ventura, while the others gets stuck near pci configuration end, so we have to wait for the acida thera team to figure it out i suppose, and so the only system that can boot it for now are macs (having a firmware that supports apfs booting) and more recent hackintishes. I hope they can figure this issue out soon, because for all i have seen even socket 1366 systems can boot the new os (as my mac pro 5,1 was able to do)

• Like 4

22 minutes ago, ITzTravelInTime said:

So after a bit of back and forward, i discovered that the issue is with the implementation of avoidRuntimeDefrag in open core, in fact all the systems that doesn't need it can boot macos ventura, while the others gets stuck near pci configuration end, so we have to wait for the acida thera team to figure it out i suppose, and so the only system that can boot it for now are macs (having a firmware that supports apfs booting) and more recent hackintishes. I hope they can figure this issue out soon, because for all i have seen even socket 1366 systems can boot the new os (as my mac pro 5,1 was able to do)

And all 300 series chipsets with 8th or 9th gen CPUs are affected, right?

Just now, PropoFlexWX4 said:

And all 300 series chipsets with 8th or 9th gen CPUs are affected, right?

Honestly it depends, some people have been also able to boot with 8 and 9 gen it seems, so as long as you system can boot into monterey without avoidruntimedefrag activated you should be able to boot the new os too.

• Like 1

X299 - With the latest OpenCore 082, the quirk suggested and the minimum kexts needed to boot, I'm getting a constant boot loop at the line:

IOPlatformHaltRestartAction -> AppleSMC

image.thumb.png.d5523bffe99cebed24d419eb9562063c.png

I tried changing SMBIOS and also with -igfxvesa 

Nada.  No me quierrreeeee  😭

Any ideas?

@MorenoAv  You can also add me to your list 🤣 . 

Never give up. Never surrender ! 

Edited by Ellybz
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Ellybz said:

X299 - With the latest OpenCore 082, the quirk suggested and the minimum kexts needed to boot, I getting a constant boot loop at the line:

IOPlatformHaltRestartAction -> AppleSMC

image.thumb.png.d5523bffe99cebed24d419eb9562063c.png

Any ideas?

@MorenoAv  You can also add me to your list 🤣 . 

Never give up. Never surrender ! 

That is precisely the error I'm seeing.  gIOScreenLockState. Seems like some sort of issue with graphics.

34 minutes ago, Dragster27 said:

Same error here on Dell XPS 7590 i7 9th gen... 

It has to be something with memory space inaccuracy if we all get it at the same point. If I leave this off, I get NVMe errors booting into Monterey.

I was trying to mess with other quirks with no success. Does anyone have their KASLR slide values calculated? I provide mine but have it set to 0

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Skyfallkavu said:

It has to be something with memory space inaccuracy if we all get it at the same point. If I leave this off, I get NVMe errors booting into Monterey.

I was trying to mess with other quirks with no success. Does anyone have their KASLR slide values calculated? I provide mine but have it set to 0

Leave what off? And if you can boot into Ventura, than its fine!

17 minutes ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

Leave what off? And if you can boot into Ventura, than its fine!

I meant the AvoidRuntimeDefrag quirk, and no, since it looks like 300 series boards typically need this quirk enabled to boot anything. We’re either stuck in the Ventura installer on GPU errors or unable to boot Monterey with it disabled. I myself get NVMe errors on Monterey, so it seems PCIE allocation is the culprit here.

It’s something with how the kernel is allocating PCIE address space on our boards. Properly declared KASLR slides might be a solution? I only have 140 pages available.

Formatted an internal NVMe drive, and installed Ventura very easily on an ASUS Z690 Max Extreme with OC v082, latest updated kexts, after downloading file as described here.

boot argument -lilubetaall was necessary as was Booter/Quirks/AvoidRuntimeDefrag being disabled.

*** also, need to remember to re-set any MaxKernel to either blank or 22.99.99; otherwise those items won't be loaded in Ventura. ***

image.thumb.png.c7ea15eb44b523e8710e43b5907b9032.png

One nice thing is that both I225V and Aquantia AQC113 are working as shown below in Ventura (using only Kernel/Quirks/ForceAquantiaEthernet):

image.thumb.png.b6bfe42d9de99322f8299b1e6bcd30a1.png

The built-in thunderbolt has drivers loaded but is not working (Spoiler):

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.8eda16eae00458aae2f36fdca9a625b9.png

Guest 5T33Z0
5 hours ago, PoMpIs said:

Does it let you set the automatic login?

z8AzULB.png

I don't know how to put it 🤦‍♂️ 

Doesn't work for me neither. I guess automatic-login is either not implemented yet or there's an issue with the GUI. Unless you can enable it via terminal we have to wait for the next update