[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

I like downloading the latest macOS version using the terminal command shown below. After entering your pw, item 7 is the macOS 13 download (as of the time of this post; the entry number will change in the future). Enter "7" and macOS 13 will be downloaded to your "Macintosh HD/Users/Username/" folder and named Install_macOS_XX.sparseimage (12.17 GB). Open this file and inside the Applications folder will be the installer (which you can copy elsewhere).

curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munki/macadmin-scripts/main/installinstallmacos.py && sudo /usr/bin/python installinstallmacos.py --raw --seedprogram DeveloperSeed

Edited by iGPU
  • Like 3

7 minutes ago, Ludox said:

Final Cut Pro X  works well with macOS Ventura

Yeah it's amazing that how smooth the overall performance for a DP version of a macOS is. (I hope I didn't jinxed it lol)

image.png

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Yeah it's amazing that how smooth the overall performance for a DP version of a macOS is. (I hope I didn't jinxed it lol)

I also tested video export, everything perfect
I tried 4k videos, all smooth
Ventura doesn't look like a beta, quite the contrary

• Like 4

Here is my AlderLake OC 0.8.2 EFI folder for anyone who's interested.

Just remember to regenerate the SMBIOS section and use your own USB ports map if necessary.

Also remember that I have disabled my Intel BT/WiFi by removing the USB port map and there are no kexts in this EFI folder for Intel BT/WiFI because I don't use them.

Cheers.

AlderLake OC 0.8.2 GA-Z690 Aorus Master EFI.zip

• Like 4
  • Thanks 2

Well....

After Around 4 Reboots And 6 Ventura Highways I'm Up And Running

USING OC 0.8.2

config.plist

Now To FIX UP The Wifi!!

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Cyberdevs said:

Has anyone been able to do a clean install on any device? I even can't install it on a 2017 iMac it ends up with the damaged installer error. I'm re-downloading the installer right now.

All Good Here Using OC 0.8.1 0.8.2

config.plist.zip

I compiled my own version

Edited by STLVNUB
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Right away, I have to say: the System Prefs menu is horrible. It's the window-fication of macOS!

@PoMpIs I225V works for me. But I am using a custom firmware for it. I have a T530. When I first tested I had no luck but'll try again

Python 3 = working

OCAT = working

Flashed my i225v on Asus b660f Gaming..... 

The system has detected it without kext or e1000=0 , without anything in config.plist

CVkifJ5.png

But if I activate it, the computer shuts down...😆

What do I need now to make it work?

Many thanks :) 

My attempts until now are all a pain in the butt, updated OC to 0.8.2 to the last commits, updated all the kexts, and... nothing I can't install and lastly I damaged my Monterey install that was working perfectly...

Now to boot I have to use an macOS 12 beta usb installer...

Followed all the suggestions in this thread, but nothing worked, still... 

Here is my config.plist ...

OCValidate no errors found...

config.plist.zip

15 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@PoMpIs Abut I225V: VT-D enabled, DisableIOMapper disabled

Before seeing your answer, it occurred to me to make a backup of the I225V of my son's asus B550E Gaming motherboard, to prove that I had nothing to lose, and I have activated VT-D in bios, and disabled DisableIOMapper, and it works fine now...

I am going to try with the original backup that I made before putting the MOD, because it gives me that with VT-D activated and DisableIOMapper false, it will work without kext or boot flags, incredible

vjWJ76m.png

But now the ethernet has remained as en2, and the wiffi as en0.... how can you change the i225v to en0???

thank you very much 🙇‍♂️

Edited by PoMpIs

Guest 5T33Z0

@PoMpIs I'm pretty sure it won't but good luck. Don't know how to change the order of the Network Controllers. Maybe disabling wifi temporarily, so the LAN port is the first to attach to the router after deleting the networking prefs:

/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/coma.apple.network.identification.plist
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/NetworkInterfaces.plist
/Library/Preferences/SystemConfiguration/preferences.plist

@5T33Z0   

Well, I have put the original firmware, and this works great, OOTB with VT-D enabled and DisableIOMapper false.. ( OpenCore 0.8.2 )

And I use kext and boot flags without being necessary 😄 I have to try this in Monterey, which surely works...

This board carries the I225V. V3 not the V2 as almost all pre-Alder Lake boards, anyway that's why it works ?¿? 🤷‍♂️ 

And removing preferences from terminal has also worked 👌

FQHNQaB.png

thank you very much, 

Now I have the i5 12400f full working on MacOS ventura, let's see how happy we are 😋

• Like 2

I gave up. No matter what I try... It just won't install.

Clean Install: Freezes at 12 minutes remaining;

Upgrade: Reboot Loop. It just spits out a bunch of text and reboots so quickly I can't read the error (can't tell if it KP'ed or whatever... Texts scrolls by too quickly.)

Used AvoidRuntimeDefrag = NO, AdviseFeatures = YES, -lilubetaall.

Using all latest commits of OpenCore and all required kexts.
Looks like no Ventura for me for now.

• Sad 2

Good afternoon, I created my USB installer of Ventura, and after that, I disabled the quirk AvoidRuntimeDefrag, but I stall here, and stops, doesn´t anything more.
Is my Haswell desktop, although I know that HD4600 is gone from S/L/E kexts. I used OC in different versions from the current 0.7.6 to latest commit 0.8.2 from today, and both do the same problem. This machine is completely functional at Monterey 12.4 running very well. Also I tried with Clover and stucks at [EB|#LOG:EXITBS:START].

By the other hand, I have an HP EliteBook 2570P (Ivy Bridge Laptop), that surpringsily, installed Ventura without any problem, but only installed, only I need to disable the quirk AvoidRuntimeDefrag and recovery boots up perfectly, I installed it, and in the last reboot it gives me a general panic, with a lot of dependencies, and also doesn´t boots up, I read that it could be because Ivy Bridge doesn´t have AVX2, only AVX, but Haswell yes, it have AVX2.

20220607_232633.jpg

4 minutes ago, PropoFlexWX4 said:

I gave up. No matter what I try... It just won't install.

I feel your pain Bro, I'm in the same place but I'm gonna keep grinding though, hate to admit defeat.

• Sad 2

37 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I feel your pain Bro, I'm in the same place but I'm gonna keep grinding though, hate to admit defeat.

I'm also stuck at early install. Maybe our z390 chipsets need another thing apart of AvoidRuntimeDefrag. I am on latest 0.8.2, Lilu, VirtualSMC and WhateverGreen. If you discover any fix, please comment. Trying now AdviseFeatures.

EDIT: nothing. Tried AvoidRuntimeDefrag (y/n), AdviseFeatures (y/n), iMacPro1,1 / iMac20,2...

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Sad 4