[pre-release] macOS Ventura

3,556 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

So my installer package must have been damaged during the download somehow.

I've tested the installer on three systems already (2 hacks Skylake and AlderLake and 1 2017 iMac) and the results were the same on all of them :(

Oh man that doesn't give me much hope :( but I am going to plod on, maybe I'll get lucky.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

The lenovo 520 of my signature works, but without audio and wiffi

if I don't remove the wiffi drivers, as soon as it connects to the network the laptop turns off 😄

a5p6vyv.png

Edited by PoMpIs
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Common_Sense said:

My computer hangs randomly if AvoidRuntimeDefrag is disabled. This happens both in Monterey as well as during the Ventura installation. Anyone else gets this issue? sounds like @aben has the same issue?

Clean install of macOS Monterey was one of the tests carried out and yes; macOS 12 installer logs were showing the exact same error as macOS 13 installer (during the final hand-off/creation of installer preboot volume) when the quirk was disabled; proper NVRAM functionality is a requirement for the installers, at least for the initial phase prior to first restart initiated by installer.

Edited by aben

Guest 5T33Z0
46 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Has anyone been able to do a clean install on any device? I even can't install it on a 2017 iMac it ends up with the damaged installer error. I'm re-downloading the installer right now.

I used the .pkg installer from this post  https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/351969-pre-release-macos-ventura/?do=findComment&comment=2783763

I ran it which created the usual macOS Installer app. I opened that and installed to an empty partition. But I had to disable "AvoidRuntimeDefrag" so the installer would start

@5T33Z0

Thanks for the reply, i downloaded the same file and did the same thing but for some reason the installer is damaged it doesn't even work when i run the installer app from the applications folder on the iMac.

7 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I ran it which created the usual macOS Installer app. I opened that and installed to an empty partition. But I had to disable "AvoidRuntimeDefrag" so the installer would start

What about installing from the .app on an external drive?

that would skip the NVRAM requirement for the installer to start when booting from a media created with the createinstallmedia method

4 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

Thanks for the reply, i downloaded the same file and did the same thing but for some reason the installer is damaged it doesn't even work when i run the installer app from the applications folder on the iMac.

Try with this one, I created it with munki script

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1CMZeGaJkZ6JFgT5c6qqqOmze4DRq1D6s/view

Also @Cyberdevs if you're afraid your installer is damaged, check the signature of the SharedSupport.dmg and compare that with the ones you find here

https://github.com/notpeter/apple-installer-checksums

• Thanks 2

@aben

Thanks for the tip, I just finished downloading the installer and i'm making the USB disk as we speak, I'll give the new installer a try and post the results.

As I mentioned above the installer was giving the same error on a legitimate Apple iMac so it must have been actually damaged.

23 minutes ago, Cyberdevs said:

As I mentioned above the installer was giving the same error on a legitimate Apple iMac so it must have been actually damaged.

Seeing similar reports from Mac users (both Intel and M1) over at Reddit reporting buggy behavior with the installer (bootable and .app) as well; most likely culprit: broken file permissions.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I can confirm: I also had to disable "AvoidRuntimeDefrag" to get the installer running on my Desktop (iMac 20,2).

536487030_Bildschirmfoto2022-06-07um13_00_41.png.67f9a3e34d6ec735a466181019e8a747.png

How did you get the RX xxx? I get a black screen, the latest kexes, the OS as well. Connection via DP.

Edited by Антико
  • Like 1

Guest 5T33Z0
1 hour ago, Cyberdevs said:

@5T33Z0

I would try another browser to download the file. It worked for me twice. I even copied it to a mobile disk and then back onto annother computer and ran it without issues.

Guest 5T33Z0
23 hours ago, Антико said:

How did you get the RX xxx? I get a black screen, the latest kexes, the OS as well. Connection via DP.

Worked out the box. But you can try Try agdpmod=pikera boot-arg

@PoMpIs I checked my T530 again. AvoidRuntimeDefrag is a must to boot Ivy Bridge systems. But with it acive, the installer won't start, so no chance for the T430/T530 unless the Quirk is fixed.

Edited by 5T33Z0

I managed to boot installer from clear Installer on older 6th gen cpu.

Thing is fresh installation is not possible cause of outdated OpenCore Mac database with old firmware dates.

someone need extracted updated firmwares from installer and assign these to new OpenCore build.

1 minute ago, $tealth said:

Can we install MacOS Ventura on Intel i4570 Computer ?

You should be able trough upgrade way, when you have supported GPU.

iGPUs from 5th are not supported.

2 hours ago, aben said:

Clean install of macOS Monterey was one of the tests carried out and yes; macOS 12 installer logs were showing the exact same error as macOS 13 installer (during the final hand-off/creation of installer preboot volume) when the quirk was disabled; proper NVRAM functionality is a requirement for the installers, at least for the initial phase prior to first restart initiated by installer.

Thanks for the explanation, now when I think of it, the computer hangs during installation of Venture, and during cloning of APFS filesystem of macOS. Hopefully we can get a proper fix for the quirks soon.

1 hour ago, Hectorsky said:

Thing is fresh installation is not possible cause of outdated OpenCore Mac database with old firmware dates.

Fresh work fine with some smbios

MacBookPro16,2 just work fine with no problems

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Moviemakergr said:

All the strange things happen to me .. 😁

I completed the installation normally, and I'm stuck on the first configuration screen

I have the latest editions lilu and wed i try too with and without -lilubetaall

Any ideas ? (OC 78)

Reveal hidden contents

IMG_20220607_102350.thumb.jpg.608fca692f6c27b115930518aa33fcf7.jpg

i Change my smbios to 20.2 and enabling AdviseFeatures quirk under PlatformInfo from @aben post and .. voila !

Screenshot_2022-06-07_at_9_14_16_PM_png_and__pre-release__macOS_Ventura_-_Page_5_-_New_Releases_and_Updates___InsanelyMac.png

after few failed attempts to install Ventura on my SkyLake and KabyLake rigs i decided to give my AlderLake rig a try and I was surprised on how easy the setup went on the AlderLake rig :)

It was a clean install and so far so good

image.png

• Like 7