[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

On 10/30/2021 at 1:24 AM, Stefanalmare said:

Yes, this patches work. Funny, I have core2 fully functional with Monterey 12.1 but I can't install on ivy ProBook 4540s i7 3840QQM.

1.png

After few days of trying, seeing stalls at ifnet, I disabled in bios WIFI and LAN cards. 12.1 boots and works like a charm. After that I realised that is only the Wifi card who doesn't allowed the computer to boot (tried with and without AirportBrcmFixup, with and without AirPortBrcmNIC_Injector.kext). Now I'm looking for possibility to spoof the wifi identity. The card is [0b05:180a] Azurewave 4360+20702 combo. So, is not only the Bluetooth who prevent non Broadcom cards to be loaded, also happen with Wifi.

Update: Spoofing doesn't work.

Edited by Stefanalmare
  • Like 1

Hi @all

For some reasons, I try to re-install Monterey 12.1 Beta 1: I can't, first from Recovery partition, second from an USB Installer. On my Z390 config, the installation stuck at 12 minutes remaining with the same message: an error occurred an error occurred loading the update - Code error 1004

I use Clover and Opencore (SMBIOS Imac19,1) with the same result 😪 Intel PTT is activated because of a separate Windows 11 hard disk.

Does anyone have any idea for a solution. Please

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

39 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

Does anyone have any idea for a solution. Please

Hi Bro, run a health check on the Disk - Disk Utility/First Aid to see if there is a problem with the Disk it self. Last case scenario, instead of updating you may have to do a clean install after downloading the latest version: 12.1 Beta (21C5021h), you can now get the stand alone version to rebuild the installer USB for a vanilla install instead of updating to the current version. Good luck.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, eSaF said:

Hi Bro, run a health check on the Disk - Disk Utility/First Aid to see if there is a problem with the Disk it self. Last case scenario, instead of updating you may have to do a clean install after downloading the latest version: 12.1 Beta (21C5021h), you can now get the stand alone version to rebuild the installer USB for a vanilla install instead of updating to the current version. Good luck.

Hi Bro 🙂 thanks.

I already run a health check on the hard disk and the USB: no issues. Maybe because of my bad English, I explained myself poorly. I did not have a problem during the update but during a reinstallation of Monterey 12.1 Beta 1 with the standalone version. Indeed, the only thing I haven't tried is a clean install. 

I am a little afraid if the error code 1004 still remains.

• Like 2

Hi Bro  thanks.

I already run a health check on the hard disk and the USB: no issues. Maybe because of my bad English, I explained myself poorly. I did not have a problem during the update but during a reinstallation of Monterey 12.1 Beta 1 with the standalone version. Indeed, the only thing I haven't tried is a clean install. 

Have you got a spare disk or partition you can try a fresh install on first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

@Matgen84 - Looks like a clean install will be your only option to get rid of any latent corruption carried forward from an update. I am forever doing clean installs when ever a stand alone installer is available from Apple to minimise bad segments from my last update. I even do them on test disks to make sure all is well, but then again like I said I have loads of time on my hands as it's been too windy here the last few dates to indulge in my other hobby which is drone flying. :)

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Have you got a spare disk or partition you can try a fresh install on first?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Unfortunately not 😪

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Matgen84 - Looks like a clean install will be your only option to get rid of any latent corruption carried forward from an update. I am forever doing clean installs when ever a stand alone installer is available from Apple to minimise bad segments from my last update. I even do them on test disks to make sure all is well, but then again like I said I have loads of time on my hands as it's been too windy here the last few dates to indulge in my other hobby which is drone flying. :)

@eSaF A clean Install is always the best solution. Fingers crossed.

• Like 4

Hi to all. I want to ask you something if anyone can help. I am trying to update 12.0.1 to 12.1 but an IOPLastFormHaltRestartAction —> AppleSMC reboot the installation process continuously and the update cannot been installed. Any ideas ? Thanks.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Letitbe said:

H to all. I want to ask you something if anyone can help. I am trying to update 12.0.1 to 12.1 but an IOPLastFormHaltRestartAction —> AppleSMC reboot the installation process continuously and the update cannot been installed. Any ideas ? Thanks.  

Welcome to InsanelyMac forums and to this thread! :) 

To get proper, faster help with any issues, please add your PC/laptop specs info into your forum signature.

Please see my sig and those of the 3 persons above your post for an example. :) 

Edited by Naki
Grammar fix
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Hi Bro 🙂 thanks.

Of course understood (fort et clair 😉) : interesting to see what happens if someone else tests with a clean install on Monterey 12.1 beta :robot:

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Loloflat6 said:

interesting to see what happens if someone else tests with a clean install on Monterey 12.1 beta

This version 12.1 Beta (21C5021h) I am currently running is from a clean install because when I updated from the previous one, it threw up a few warnings when I ran a First Aid check on the volume in Disk Utility. With this clean install everything is perfect as this Beta allows. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, eSaF said:

This version 12.1 Beta (21C5021h) I am currently running is from a clean install because when I updated from the previous one, it threw up a few warnings when I ran a First Aid check on the volume in Disk Utility. With this clean install everything is perfect as this Beta allows. :thumbsup_anim:

Okay,  so you confirm your previous post, nice: why not : I'll try on my capricious Rampage R6EE ...:construction:....

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 1

On 10/31/2021 at 2:39 PM, slam said:

Updated on Tuesday, is Sunday today, indexing should be completed.  Geekbench gave me similar results to the ones on Big Sur.  But I find after opening a few applications, the graphics animations start to behave strangely, it would pause, then suddenly speed up.  Not sure if that is a RAM problem.  I'm running on 16GB, on Big Sur it was more than enough, but not sure if on Monterey is just bare minimum.  Do you guys have any tests so I can check if everything is running correctly?

Oh so there is a "Memory Leak" on Monterey 12.0.1.  The article claims 20GB for Control Center, 80GB for Firefox.  Guess my 16GB of RAM, in not enough to run anything properly.  Did this improve on ver 12.1?

Edited by slam
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, slam said:

Oh so there is a "Memory Leak" on Monterey 12.0.1.  The article claims 20GB for Control Center, 80GB for Firefox.  Guess my 16GB of RAM, in not enough to run anything properly.  Did this improve on ver 12.1?

Memory requirement in Monterey 12.1

Screenshot 2021-11-03 at 21.26.08.png

• Like 2

The memory problem doesn't happen immediately, it seems to take a few hours before it occurs.  Then after a re-start, the problem goes away, but then recurs again after few hours.  Furthermore, it is unclear if this happens immediately at a certain moment in time, or is a progressively memory leaking cumulative issue.  So I guess the difficulty is you need to catch it at the right moment.  I didn't investigate further because it was a bit unsafe to run it on my work computer, and downgraded back to Big Sur.  If anyone been having this problem on 12.0.1, then it resolved in 12.1, would really appreciate if they can let me know.