[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

It’s like the animation when opening up the apps from the dock the genie effect? Just instantly pops up, the analog clock runs twice as fast, the video in the App Store that goes for 15 seconds then repeats for it only goes for approx 6 seconds then repeats. With OpenCore it doesn’t happen so it’s gotta be misconfig in clover somewhere. I’ll be comparing the two configs later to see where the difference is but the kexts and ssdt’ date the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This sounds like an issue related to the system clock. Maybe @Slice can look into it.

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

This sounds like an issue related to the system clock. Maybe [mention=112217]Slice[/mention] can look into it.

Doesn’t happen on my intel laptop only on my AMD desktop and I don’t see anyone else with the same problem so it’s gotta be something I’ve done. I’ll post my config for extra eyes on it later.

OpenCore 0.7.6 config.plist Clover 5142 config.plist

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 2

@SavageAUS

There are differences in CPU setting between Clover and OpenCore in your configs:

Clover > CPU > Type: 3841

OC > PlatformInfo >Processor Type: 1537

Why are you setting these manually? They are auto-detected usually.

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]

There are differences in CPU setting between Clover and OpenCore in your configs:

I changed CPU from a 6 core to 12 core and setting those variables shows the correct cpu in about this Mac. 1537 was for 6 core.
Even if I set CPU Type to 0 in clover I still get the sped up animations.
Maybe it’s time I switched to OpenCore. Just gotta make sure it doesn’t pass through smbios info or blue screen windows with acpi errors.

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

Done, funny thing is, it makes no mention of being a Beta unless I am mistaken.

Edit: Looking at 'Feedback Assistant' I think it's 12.1 Beta 4

Screenshot 2021-12-07 at 7.20.03 pm.png

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 6

13 minutes ago, Partime said:

Per apple, this is 12.1 RC

yes for Apple is RC

but at the output of the 12.1 release it will be the same build as this RC this has always happened

• Like 2

Apple promised" Universal Control later this fall" But this RC doesn't have it.

Unless another RC is coming within the next 2 weeks,  it is fair to say that Apple lied to us. 😪

Who's gonna write them a letter ?:boxing: 😂

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]

Perhaps this new update will solve the problem. I’ll update tonight and let you know. Do you see any other major difference in the configs that could cause the problem?

• Like 2

@Rocky12 you have to run the patcher after every update because its a snapshot disk

EDIT *****

See my Update on my Optiplex 790 / GT 710

Spoiler

Install the patcher after Update

513674442_ScreenShot2021-12-08at6_49_26PM.png.71e8b3af29d2a6af998ffb759c3ad9ac.png

Reboot Done

772333470_ScreenShot2021-12-08at6_57_13PM.png.8d04043ef9c45cf5aaffb6d215dfe1d3.png

Edited by chris1111
Update Optiplex 790
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

[mention=555472]Rocky12[/mention] Which NVIDIA Card are you using. If it's a Kepler Card you can use this: https://github.com/chris1111/Geforce-Kepler-patcher

[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention]  Latest Clover build: https://github.com/CloverHackyColor/CloverBootloader/actions/runs/1541580777

I was already running 5142.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

I was already running 5142.

There's a differences between using the 5142 version from Releases and the ones available under the "Actions" Tab. Action = latest.

There's a differences between using the 5142 version from Releases and the ones available under the "Actions" Tab. Action = latest.

I’ll have to look at my old config.plist before I changes smbios and see if there are any changes I made that I shouldn’t have. Failing that I’ll take a look at the Action versions.

• Like 1