[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

Anyone have a RX6800 XT working with Clover care to enlighten me as what’s needed to get it running? I get a black screen after login screen. I have tried blocking weg, tried adgpmod=disable and adgpmod=pikera. Cleaned nvram, bios is set to gen 3 for pcie but have tried gen 4 as well.

Previously had an RX580 working great.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

@SavageAUS I have 2 of them running, one each in a GA-7490 Vision G build, but opencore as a boot manager. They run OOB with only adgpmod=pikera as a boot argument and enough power being available from the PSU.

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Henties said:
[mention=1083558]SavageAUS[/mention] I have 2 of them running, one each in a GA-7490 Vision G build, but opencore as a boot manager. They run OOB with only adgpmod=pikera as a boot argument and enough power being available from the PSU.

Greetings Henties

So you are using whatevergreen kext with that boot arg?
I have plenty of power and have tried that boot arg. I get black screen after entering password.
I can vnc into my machine and it’s all detected.
Do I maybe have something in my config or device properties for the rx580 that could do this?
030d0261ec9384b54b1f48cee19516b0.jpgconfig.plist
I have attached my config.plist for checking.

Still boot to black screen but screen sharing shows everything working

1765036029_ScreenShot2021-11-07at8_51_32pm.png.aaf1d023db479c45acf171fa744fe8c9.png

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

Anyone have a RX6800 XT working with Clover care to enlighten me as what’s needed to get it running? I get a black screen after login screen. I have tried blocking weg, tried adgpmod=disable and adgpmod=pikera. Cleaned nvram, bios is set to gen 3 for pcie but have tried gen 4 as well.

It should be spelled agdpmod and not adgpmod. Double check in your config.plist file :)

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Common_Sense said:

It should be spelled agdpmod and not adgpmod. Double check in your config.plist file

Oh my god, i cannot believe it was so easy.
Thank you so much.
Stupid spelling mistake.

Although its working now there is a caveat......it only works on display port if i have hdmi plugged in as well which make MacOS think there are two displays connected.

I am yet to try HDMI on its own but thats the next test.

HDMI is a success.

Edited by SavageAUS
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

adgpmod=ignore

• Like 2

I cannot detect anything that changed after upgrading to 12.1 Beta (21C5031d). All the problems, which we all seem to have gotten so fond of, in particular i225-V and BT, are still with us. Will, for the time being at least, continue plodding along with Big Sur.

Greetings Henties

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

I cannot detect anything that changed after upgrading to 12.1 Beta (21C5031d). All the problems, which we all seem to have gotten so fond of, in particular i225-V and BT, are still with us. Will, for the time being at least, continue plodding along with Big Sur.

Greetings Henties

I’ve disabled my onboard Ethernet and using a hp n360t (I think) dual port.

• Like 2

@SavageAUS. So have I, using a DGE-560T, just sad that it requires sacrificing a scarce PCIe slot. On the BT side I can now at least work somehow. When the GA-Z490 Vision G's wake from sleep, they wake with BT switched off, but I can at least switch BT on again, without having to reboot these machines. But that kind of working environment is just not to my liking, therefore Big Sur is where I spend most of my productive hours. Big Sur is also beta, at least the version I am running (11.6.1). Just wandering how many days, weeks, or perhaps months we will eventually be running our hacks with "released code" before the next iteration of "beta macOS" becomes available next June. 🤪  

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties

1 hour ago, SavageAUS said:

I am having issues getting the update to show on my AMD rig with smbios MacPro7,1.
What is the hwtarget for this model?
I have tried J160 and J160AP. Both cause an almost instant reboot.
I’m using Clover 5142.

I don't use T2 SMBIOS. This morning, my Hack SMBIOS Imac19,1 (Clover r5142) don't display Beta 2. So I unenroll then enroll again: the Beta 2 update appears.

For Clover, HWTarget J160AP for Clover, I think. 

• Like 5

I don't use T2 SMBIOS. This morning, my Hack SMBIOS Imac19,1 (Clover r5142) don't display Beta 2. So I unenroll then enroll again: the Beta 2 update appears.

For Clover, HWTarget J160AP for Clover, I think. 

Yeah I edited my post to update that I had tried those.
I’ll try again soon.
Got it updated by using HWTarget J160AP. Don’t know why it didn’t work before, maybe because I used clover configurator. But setting the HWTarget manually solved the issue.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

I have a problem with my Hacki (see signature,) that the "Dock" app always hangs when I restart it.

I go to the activity display, stop the dock and start it again, everything works fine.

It expresses itself by clicking on icons in the dock and nothing happens.

does that have another user here too? what can be the cause?

is the same problem with the monterey 12.0.1 and the 12.1 beta2.

With the orig. iMac mid 2020 doesn't have the problem, only with the hackintosh.

And with the latest Monterey beta2 for 12.1, the magic trackpad is apparently ok again, with the error typing instead of clicking.

This is now better than before with 12.0.1 and Beta1 12.1

• Like 1

I come back after a few days of waiting for the delivery of SSDs to my mountain : install 12.1 Beta (21C5021h) - clean install - on my R6 EE went smooth , next step new beta 

(AQC107 need to be patched)

587355543_Screenshot2021-11-10at15_17_54.thumb.png.11092ce90e739d6ac45b407bd1bdbad6.png

Spoiler

2072926567_Screenshot2021-11-10at14_58_12.png.2a50e6b1e4dfd120f6c024d865aee57f.png

Edited by Loloflat6
  • Like 6