[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

12.0.1 was the Monterey RC version. This beta is 12.1. They had to launch these fixes as 12.0.1 since 12.0 was already deployed on the assembly lines’ 2021 Mac’s.

Wow you're right, thank you for correcting me! Sorry guys 🤦‍♂️

But now everyone know that are using a secure SO lol 😁

10 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Update macOS Monterey 12.1 (21C5021h) without problem HD 4000 on probook 6570b

714730882_ScreenShot2021-10-28at9_50_17PM.png.a775ce29868d171fc3f68076d810e339.png

Hello @chris1111! I see that your notebook display is showing the refresh rate along with current resolution at 60.00Hz. My Dell Skylake laptop display is outputting at 1080p(FHD) on Intel HD 520 with 64MB DVMT allocation however no refresh rate is shown on my end. It never has since Catalina. Does this mean my laptop display is actually not refreshing at 60.00Hz even though it can? I am probably missing something with my config. I was of the impression that only external monitors hooked to macOS would show the refresh rate options.

14 hours ago, 1Revenger1 said:

That doesn't simulate RDRAND, it just disables some checks it looks like. Either way, the kernel now always uses RDRAND from what I can see, with no way to avoid it. There may potentially be a fix, I know some people are looking into it. I doubt that there will be one myself though.

Seems to be new patches for this on Monterey, https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/monterand-probably-the-start-of-an-ongoing-saga.2320479/ 

• Like 2

You can now use macOS Monterey with a SMBIOS supporting your CPU (System Updates and better CPU Power management included). Using a newer one just to install and run macOS 12 is no longer necessary:

9 minutes ago, 5T33Z0 said:

You can now use macOS Monterey with a SMBIOS supporting your CPU (System Updates and better CPU Power management included). Using a newer one just to install and run macOS 12 is no longer necessary:

Thanks for the info

small question;
Can this also be used with Clover?
are correctives in config.plist?

because I always use OCLP but my bootloader is Clover
once again thank you

I upgraded to Monterey beta 12.1 just to discover that on my GA-Z490 Vision G hack, BT with a Fenvi PCIe card is still problematic when the hack wakes from sleep. Back to Big Sur which runs

without problems in all respects.

Greetings Henties

Edited by Henties

@Henties It's a macOS Monterey issue. They rewrote the whole bluetooth stack so now now most of the kexts for legacy cards don't work and some Fenvi users are affected as well. Wait until monday, when a new release of BrcmPatcRAM and BluetoolFixup is released

@PG7 I can't tell. The Board-ID skips affect bootx86.efi I think and I don't know if this can be handled by clover.

Updated to 12.1 beta 1 without issue with clover 5141.

Only used ExtendedFirmwareFeatures and ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask.

HWTarget was already set so unsure if it was needed to show up but i deleted it before the first reboot.

This is all on my laptop using smbios MacBookPro16,4.

AMD rig to be updated tomorrow.

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 1.08.18 am.png

• Like 1

Monterey 12.0.1 and by extension 12.1 seem to have removed the "Memory Modules Misconfigured" alert when using the MacPro7,1 SMBIOS.
Now it only shows a recommendation in the memory page in "About This Mac".

But the annoying alert message is gone.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Alex HQuest said:

The update enables support for graphics cards that integrate the AMD Radeon 6600XT GPU

why didn't they do it before with the official one?
Always the same things Apple does
I do not understand what reasons that lead us to make these choices that I personally do not agree with.

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Stefanalmare You need additional patches contained in here: https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/349432-guide-using-unsupported-board-ids-in-macos-monterey-updates-included/

Then you can use SMBIOS MacBookPro10,1 for booting, installing, updating macOS Monterey. And all of it with  Ivy Bridge CPU powermanagement

Nope, it doesn't work. But it is true. You can use unsupported SMBIOS without -no_compat_check and update also work. I will use on 14.2 with NVIDIA card.

On 10/29/2021 at 8:54 PM, Shaneee said:

Thanks and these two extra kernel patches worked for my FX-6300 & Intel P6TSE as well as LGA 775 P5Q PRO & GA-965P-DS4 Hackintoshs now !

Acer Veriton M4610 need cpus=1 to boot it because no valid VoodooTscSync.kext or CpuTscSync.kext working yet !

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 9.09.21 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 10.21.24 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 11.52.42 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 3.13.37 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 7.51.23 PM.png

[Edit]

I can confirm that RDRAND was stripped from 12.1 Beta 2's kernel because booted by OpenCore 0.7.4 or 0.7.5 I must disable these two kernel patches in FX-6300, P6TSE & P5Q, otherwise it can not boot at all !

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.09.26 AM.png

Screen Shot 2021-11-15 at 8.28.43 AM.png

Edited by jsl2000
  • Like 3

6 hours ago, Stefanalmare said:

Nope, it doesn't work. But it is true. You can use unsupported SMBIOS without -no_compat_check and update also work. I will use on 14.2 with NVIDIA card.

It worked for me. I have a Lenovo T530 with an Ivy Bridge CPU and can run everything from High Sierra to Monterey with one config. I can have a look at your config and EFI, if you want

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

It worked for me. I have a Lenovo T530 with an Ivy Bridge CPU and can run everything from High Sierra to Monterey with one config. I can have a look at your config and EFI, if you want

your EFI works with the Sound ?

@Stefanalmare Here you go. You were missing one important kernel patch to make the VMM Board-ID spoof work.

• Fixed some Booter and Kernel quirks
  • Enabled necessary booter patches for board-id skip
  • Disables some SSDTs which I think you don't need
  • changend SMBIOS to MBP10,1 (best for this CPU), should work with the board-id skip now.
  • Disabled XCPM quirks, patch and SSDT for now. Legacy power management just works better on Ivy Bridge (did a lot of test). Generate a SSDT-PM with ssdtPRGen instead.

EFI.zip