[pre-release] macOS Monterey 12.1

Wayang-NT
247 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

@Stefanalmare Here you go. You were missing one important kernel patch to make the VMM Board-ID spoof work.

• Fixed some Booter and Kernel quirks
  • Enabled necessary booter patches for board-id skip
  • Disables some SSDTs which I think you don't need
  • changend SMBIOS to MBP10,1 (best for this CPU), should work with the board-id skip now.
  • Disabled XCPM quirks, patch and SSDT for now. Legacy power management just works better on Ivy Bridge (did a lot of test). Generate a SSDT-PM with ssdtPRGen instead.

EFI.zip 8.3 MB · 2 downloads

On MBP10,1 I lose bluetooth. If I try to upgrade to 12.1 I get stuck. See attach.

Spoiler

1.jpg

Edited by Stefanalmare

@xtddd and @Irish_Man

Out of curiosity what happens if you add the device ID for the Intel i210(15398086) and i225 (15f28086) to your config under device properties like this:

for example my network adapter's address is like this: PciRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x1,0x2)/Pci(0x0,0x0)/Pci(0x4,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

device-id: 33158680 (for i210)

device-id: f2158680 (for i255)

These IDs are from Monterey 12.0.1 and I don't have the IONetworkingFamily.kext for the new beta so I don't know if something has changed in the new kext but it's worth a shot.

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

On MBP10,1 I lose bluetooth. If I try to upgrade to 12.1 I get stuck. See attach.

1.jpg

So it is booting with MCP10,1? That's progress. Losing Bluetooth is normal in this case, since bluetooth stack is not compatible.

Disable the Sensor plugins (SMCSuperIO)

38 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

Updated with no issues.

Still no luck with Ethernet i225.

I didn't check yet with 12.1. Im too lazy to craw on the floor under the desk to put the cable in :D

12 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

No way to install. Tried everything.

Okay. Then I can't help you. My suggestion for Ivy Bridge is using Catalina anyway. Past that you lose performance.

@Stefanalmare Oh, and if you have an entry for "vga compatible controller" in your framebuffer patch of your Intel HD4000, disable it. Otherwise the screen will turn off whe trying to install monterey instead of using software rendering.

Edited by 5T33Z0

How stable is 12.1?  I find 12.0.1 rather unstable.  When I open more than 4 applications, the system is almost hanging.  With Big Sur, even with 10 applications open, everything still runs very smoothly. 

Edited by slam

@Cyberdevs   thanks for reply..i had a try but no success.

the native driver is not removed from the monterey 12.1 beta version. it is strange not to load the driver.the card run without any issue on big sur 11.6.1.

Edited by xtddd
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, slam said:

How stable is 12.1?  I find 12.0.1 rather unstable.  When I open more than 4 applications, the system is almost hanging.  With Big Sur, even with 10 applications open, everything still runs very smoothly. 

Just wait for Spotlight finish indexing.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Just wait for Spotlight finish indexing.

Updated on Tuesday, is Sunday today, indexing should be completed.  Geekbench gave me similar results to the ones on Big Sur.  But I find after opening a few applications, the graphics animations start to behave strangely, it would pause, then suddenly speed up.  Not sure if that is a RAM problem.  I'm running on 16GB, on Big Sur it was more than enough, but not sure if on Monterey is just bare minimum.  Do you guys have any tests so I can check if everything is running correctly?

On 10/29/2021 at 12:38 AM, 1Revenger1 said:

That doesn't simulate RDRAND, it just disables some checks it looks like. Either way, the kernel now always uses RDRAND from what I can see, with no way to avoid it. There may potentially be a fix, I know some people are looking into it. I doubt that there will be one myself though.

I think these expermiental Patches do fix the RDRAND issues if I understand correctly: https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/commit/c6b3aaaeb78d56f98a94d7991fd3019190b48dd3

17 minutes ago, gujiangjiang said:

@chris1111

Hello chris1111.

I have test the AppleAPFS.efi with your suggestion but it still show Volume Hash Mismatch today.

Version: 12.1Beta 21C5021h

WechatIMG1577.thumb.png.62ec26de25e49e755168a63fd441dc6e.png

did you reset nvram with clover

Edited by chris1111

4 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

I have continued to fight with my Probook. I installed 12.1 in another computer but I can't (like before when I tried to install) to boot. It always stall here: see attach. Maybe you can give me a hint.

Reveal hidden contents

1.jpg

use PS2Controller from my Repos HP Probook

2 minutes ago, Stefanalmare said:

It stall at the same point. I suspect is a PCI configuration problem, never had in this machine before.

Create USB media with the Create Media HP Probook

dont modify the EFI installed by the packages