[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

16 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

I can see in your screenshot, that there are 6 files related to HD 4000, last week I tried to put all files except AppleIntelGraphicsShared.bundle, but still the same as currently, I can´t reach to login screen, because loginwindow crash repeatedly.

Did you get QE/CI with Metal acceleration in Monterey?

Cheers.

You must put the automatic start of session in the first boot, but when you change any stop entering the desktop.. that's what happened to me once on my T430, and I had to reinstall :( ..

I don't have graphic acceleration 😕

Regards

Veo que somos españoles los dos jajaja.... lo que dices me ha pasado a mi, si no pones el inicio de sesiòn automatico para que entre sin pedir contraseña, hay veces que cuando va cargar el escritorio, se va a modo verbose, y no sale de ahi.... y en cuanto cambies algùn kext o configuraciòn, deja de entrar al sistema para siempre.... yo no he sido capaz de solucionarlo y he tenido que volver a reinstalar Monterey.... Està verdisima la cosa, por lo menos en el tema de mi portatil y la aceleracion gràfica... no hay manera joer

Un Saludooteee compañero 🤗

Edited by pompis12

Guest 5T33Z0
5 minutes ago, pompis12 said:

You must put the automatic start of session in the first boot, but when you change any stop entering the desktop.. that's what happened to me once on my T430, and I had to reinstall :( ..

Regards

Reveal hidden contents

Veo que somos españoles los dos jajaja.... lo que dices me ha pasado a mi, si no pones el inicio de sesiòn automatico para que entre sin pedir contraseña, hay veces que cuando va cargar el escritorio, se va a modo verbose, y no sale de ahi.... y en cuanto cambies algùn kext o configuraciòn, deja de entrar al sistema para siempre.... yo no he sido capaz de solucionarlo y he tenido que volver a reinstalar Monterey.... Està verdisima la cosa, por lo menos en el tema de mi portatil y la aceleracion gràfica... no hay manera joer

Can you elaborate on how to get this all working? I've neve used this OpenCore Patcher before but I'd like to try it.

1 hour ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Can you elaborate on how to get this all working? I've neve used this OpenCore Patcher before but I'd like to try it.

The first thing after installing Monterey, is to put the automatic login ...

Then I enter Recovery and disable SIP:

csrutil disable
csrutil authenticated-root disable

Then I mount the Monterey hard disk in read write mode:

(locate disk ) 

g8YOfXq.png

once the disk is located we create a mounting folder

mkdir -p -m777 ~/mount

We mount the disc:

sudo mount -o nobrowse -t apfs /dev/disk3s5 ~/mount  ( Yes, it is so, I have not forgotten the final disk3s5s1 )

Now you can look at /Users/YourUserName/NameOfYourDrive/

there you can modify the kext in /S/L/E

And then Rebuilding Kernel Cache:

sudo kmutil install --volume-root ~/mount --update-all[/CODE]

Once you have finished, you'll need to create a new snapshot:

sudo bless --folder ~/mount/System/Library/CoreServices --bootefi --create-snapshot

And restart..

P.S: 

I did that yesterday ...

but I have discovered today that it can be done much easier, with this app that I have found and it seems to work well in Monterey:

https://github.com/jacklukem/BigSurmountsrw/releases/tag/1.0

😑

But I still do not accelerate graphics 😩

The Kext I am using are these:

https://github.com/dortania/Apple-Binaries-OCLP/tree/main/Extensions/Graphics-Acceleration/Intel-Gen7-IvyBridge

Regards

Sorry for my bad english..... I have a hard time expressing myself in this language..

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dell Vostro 2520

MonteRey

Clover Bootloader

Intel i5-3210M

Intel HD4000

8go RAM

SSD

Full QE/CI 

God Job Team ! 
Grats @JakeLuke ++++ 

Spoiler

2077009715_Capturedecran2021-06-13a17_43_19.thumb.png.f2775c7d9fc8a8f8dba9a529cfa53722.png1587302593_Capturedecran2021-06-13a17_41_45.thumb.png.77ed22afdfffa1bd3fc17cf5ebd8da27.png1372971434_Capturedecran2021-06-13a17_46_41.thumb.png.2c1ac10ef859b3b145c7414082165dd6.png

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PG7 said:

Dell Vostro 2520

MonteRey

Clover Bootloader

Intel i5-3210M

Intel HD4000

8go RAM

SSD

Full QE/CI 

God Job Team ! 
Grats @JakeLuke ++++ 

Hide contents

2077009715_Capturedecran2021-06-13a17_43_19.thumb.png.f2775c7d9fc8a8f8dba9a529cfa53722.png1587302593_Capturedecran2021-06-13a17_41_45.thumb.png.77ed22afdfffa1bd3fc17cf5ebd8da27.png1372971434_Capturedecran2021-06-13a17_46_41.thumb.png.2c1ac10ef859b3b145c7414082165dd6.png

But how do you do it? ? I don't know how it's going hahahaha 😆

Guest 5T33Z0
4 minutes ago, pompis12 said:

If you want a Clover config to get you started, you can check mine. It's for a T530 so you have to change the Framebuffer-Patch. But besides that, it should be pretty similar:  https://github.com/5T33Z0/Lenovo-T530-Hackinosh-OpenCore/releases/tag/r5134.2

29 minutes ago, pompis12 said:

config.plist -> ARGS -> "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" (Clover & OpenCore) + "-no_compat_check"
CsrActiveConfig -> 0xFEF

SMBIOS -> MacBookPro9,1 / MacBookPro9,2 (Install SMBIOS MacBookPro12,1)

Patch kext = OpenCore Legacy Patcher V 0.1.7 Last commit 

mandatory Ethernet 

Thanks @JakeLuke + Team OCLP 

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/0.1.6

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

10 hours ago, polkaholga said:

... The RX580 fans spin up like hell for about 2-3 seconds during boot then go back to normal...

This is the normal behaviour in my hack every time after ResetNVRAM, Catalina, BS and Monterey.

In the following boots after ResetNVRAM fans are stopped.
I also observe this behaviour in Windows from time to time, it is not unique to macOS.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, pompis12 said:

P.S: 

I did that yesterday ...

but I have discovered today that it can be done much easier, with this app that I have found and it seems to work well in Monterey:

https://github.com/jacklukem/BigSurmountsrw/releases/tag/1.0

Hello, every time I use this application you are talking about, BigSurmountsrw, I get the same warning regardless of the volume I select in the initial window of the app.
In your case it works well?

Spoiler

bsmountrw.thumb.png.56c404384580b01e5447fa64364867fd.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

My Monterey upgrade - from Big Sur 11.5 beta 2 - to a spare Samsung SSD completed without problems other than that the Intel 225-v onboard ethernet controller is not working, therefore I am networking with WiFi via my Fenvi controller.

At the same time I am also trying to streamline my OC 0.7.1 EFI folder and discovered that I have forgotten why I have a 

SSDT-DMAC.aml as wel as a SSDT-PPMC.aml file present in my ACPI section.

I temporarily, as a test only, removed these to files to discover that my hack seems to be working as well without these files as it does with those files included. Would therefore appreciate if somebody could explain the purpose of these 2 files, and whether it would be wise to keep them removed.

Greetings Henties

@Henties DMAC and PPMC are in the ACPI of real MacMini8,1 which is why I first included the SSDTs in my hack.  Testing with and without them produced no differences for me, so for my hack, they appear to be purely cosmetic.  They haven't hurt anything, so I just left them in my ACPI, but as you've observed, I don't think they are necessary.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, pompis12 said:

Regards

Reveal hidden contents

Hi @pompis12 I finally be able to get full QE/CI on HD4000 in Monterey.

Today was a hard day hehe, but finally I got it.

Spoiler

Ya veo jeje Que gusto da tener por aquí a un español también, gracias por la ayuda 😉

The process is, first as you said previously, enable auto login, because without doing this, we can´t follow to the next steps.

So after reach the desktop, I ran the OCLP, the latest Nightly, and the script detects me the HD 4000 Ivy Bridge and patch me the root volume, I have also tried to put manually into S/L/E the 6 binaries files downloaded from your previous link, but still haven´t QE/CI, but with this script it finally results succesfull.

Cheers.

Captura de pantalla 2021-06-13 a las 22.03.33.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, PG7 said:

config.plist -> ARGS -> "amfi_get_out_of_my_way=1" (Clover & OpenCore) + "-no_compat_check"
CsrActiveConfig -> 0xFEF

SMBIOS -> MacBookPro9,1 / MacBookPro9,2 (Install SMBIOS MacBookPro12,1)

Patch kext = OpenCore Legacy Patcher V 0.1.7 Last commit 

mandatory Ethernet 

Thanks @JakeLuke + Team OCLP 

https://github.com/dortania/OpenCore-Legacy-Patcher/tree/0.1.6

Many thanks 🤗..

Tomorrow i try

P.S: Thanks to all of you who make this possible

3 hours ago, miliuco said:

Hello, every time I use this application you are talking about, BigSurmountsrw, I get the same warning regardless of the volume I select in the initial window of the app.
In your case it works well?

Reveal hidden contents

bsmountrw.thumb.png.56c404384580b01e5447fa64364867fd.png

Yes, it works perfectly for me..

tIU1UY1.png

56 minutes ago, asdesoso said:

Reveal hidden contents

Ya veo jeje Que gusto da tener por aquí a un español también, gracias por la ayuda 😉

The process is, first as you said previously, enable auto login, because without doing this, we can´t follow to the next steps.

So after reach the desktop, I ran the OCLP, the latest Nightly, and the script detects me the HD 4000 Ivy Bridge and patch me the root volume, I have also tried to put manually into S/L/E the 6 binaries files downloaded from your previous link, but still haven´t QE/CI, but with this script it finally results succesfull.

Cheers.

This is great ... long life Lenovo T430 😆..

Tomorrow I get to it

Regards

Edited by pompis12
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Hello Friends

I installed the Monterey over my 11.4 with the full installer. My Intel HD630 (not Intel UHD 630 !!!) no longer shows graphics support.

At 11.5 Beta2 everything was still fine.

My Samsung UHD Monitor works on DisplayPort, is this maybe a problem in macOS 12 Monterey ?

I put the bootarg: -lilubetaall.

I work with OpenCore 0.6.6

Or do I have to do a new clean installation? thinks that there is no full graphics support with the Intel HD630?

Thanks for help tips. My Problem is solved... i have new AppleALC-kext und new Lilu-Kext and new WEG-Kext and all works we befor with 11.4 Big Sur.

Edited by AlfredoM

21 minutes ago, AlfredoM said:

Hello Friends

I installed the Monterey over my 11.4 with the full installer. My Intel HD630 no longer shows graphics support.

At 11.5 Beta2 everything was still fine.

My Samsung UHD Monitor works on DisplayPort, is this maybe a problem in macOS 12 Monterey ?

I put the bootarg: -lilubetaall.

I work with OpenCore 0.6.6

Or do I have to do a new clean installation? thinks that there is no full graphics support with the Intel HD630?

Thanks for help tips.

in the system report it is visible ? Update kext... OC

1026773162_Schermata2021-06-14alle02_37_17.png.8b674b4a2c9c6a8c086f011c5da3364c.png

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1

Great job @dhinakg 

my first issue bluetooth of Dell 1560 BCM94352z is solved by installing BluetoolFixup.kext BrcmPatchRam3.kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext on macOS 12 now bluetooth is working fine but doesn't provide fully bluetooth info in sys

Here link https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/pull/12

Spoiler

1812394669_ScreenShot2021-06-14at5_10_43AM.jpg.f27594bd2ab9374f718ff5e0b410ed99.jpg

my second issue is sleep&wake still persist it is not wake from sleep by pressing power button

after long sleep i force restart my machine then i get this report

anyone know any idea for this issue and other hand my machine is working fine sleep&wake on big sur 11.4

Spoiler

740899712_ScreenShot2021-06-14at5_55_02AM.jpg.f6324f06c78a58977c1dd52cef88eb97.jpg

Edited by ameenjuz
edited

1 hour ago, ameenjuz said:

Great job @dhinakg 

my first issue bluetooth of Dell 1560 BCM94352z is solved by installing BluetoolFixup.kext BrcmPatchRam3.kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext on macOS 12 now bluetooth is working fine but doesn't provide fully bluetooth info in sys

Here link https://github.com/acidanthera/BrcmPatchRAM/pull/12

Hide contents

1812394669_ScreenShot2021-06-14at5_10_43AM.jpg.f27594bd2ab9374f718ff5e0b410ed99.jpg

Would you mind posting your compiled BluetoolFixup.kext.  I couldn't get it to compile because I have a bunch of missing files and am too lazy to find and download them but not too lazy to ask you to post your work. :)

Edited by mnfesq

10 hours ago, asdesoso said:

Reveal hidden contents

Cheers.

Thanks and my desktop HD4000 also working now !

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 2.41.10 PM.png

Guest 5T33Z0
13 hours ago, Henties said:

My Monterey upgrade - from Big Sur 11.5 beta 2 - to a spare Samsung SSD completed without problems other than that the Intel 225-v onboard ethernet controller is not working, therefore I am networking with WiFi via my Fenvi controller.

At the same time I am also trying to streamline my OC 0.7.1 EFI folder and discovered that I have forgotten why I have a 

SSDT-DMAC.aml as wel as a SSDT-PPMC.aml file present in my ACPI section.

I temporarily, as a test only, removed these to files to discover that my hack seems to be working as well without these files as it does with those files included. Would therefore appreciate if somebody could explain the purpose of these 2 files, and whether it would be wise to keep them removed.

Greetings Henties

I added those when I created my Z490 Vision G EFI. SSDT-DMAC is for the Direct Memory Access Controller and SSDT-PPMC is for the Platform Power Management Controller. In my experience, PPMC helps to lower the CPU frequencies even more in idle. As far as DMAC is concerned, I don't know if it has benefits, though.

Hi guys,

macOS Monterey is a pita, today at first boot, it didn't boot again, I don't know why.

The only way for it to boot was with the usb installer, and it boots fine, anyone could tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

IMG_0274.jpeg

config.plist.zip

Edited by MorenoAv
  • Sad 2