[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

54 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

macOS Monterey is a pita, today at first boot, it didn't boot again, I don't know why.

The only way for it to boot was with the usb installer, and it boots fine, anyone could tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

IMG_0274.jpeg

config.plist.zip 4.29 kB · 2 downloads

put your OC

it strikes me as something with kext Wifi

1 - block WIFI kext to test boot

2 - deletes the Quirks Patch XHCI limit as it has mapped kext

3 - update the kext such as lilu, whatevergreen, alc and VirtualSMC for the latest one and delete the lilubetaall and other beta args

i'm using google translate

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 6/9/2021 at 9:15 PM, fusion71au said:

However noticed ProperTree plist editor loads in black screen window 🤔.

@corpnewt has acknowledged the bug and detailed a work-around to build a working ProperTree.app for macOS Monterey Beta1...

It appears the default tk implementation that ships with macOS Monterey doesn't display correctly. A workaround is to download and install python from python.org (which has a compatible tk bundled), then use the buildapp-select.command located in ProperTree's Scripts directory to build an application bundle targeting the installed python's path.

Seems Apple borked tk (again - it was also borked in the first few versions of Big Sur) - and the most straightforward workaround is to install python and build the ProperTree.app targeting that version.

Spoiler

509379104_BuildPropertreewithPython3.9.5.thumb.png.719f7e93e9fe972acfd397963bdb6d08.png

Attached ProperTree.app_Monterey.zip

• Like 4

On 6/11/2021 at 9:11 PM, bisdak4920 said:

Solved, I switch to phyton 3. Thanks everybody.

I've used the buildapp-python3.command to build in python 3 but i still get the black screens.

What else did you do?

17 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

I've used the buildapp-python3.command to build in python 3 but i still get the black screens.

What else did you do?

follow the step correctly and not what you did!

nowhere was indicated to use "buildapp-python3.command" but rather "buildapp-select.command" sue in case it all works

Edited by PG7

10 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

What else did you do?

Maybe I was just lucky cause in my other Hack (Ivy Bridge) I could not replicate my success.

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 8.20.55 PM.png

4 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

I added those when I created my Z490 Vision G EFI. SSDT-DMAC is for the Direct Memory Access Controller and SSDT-PPMC is for the Platform Power Management Controller. In my experience, PPMC helps to lower the CPU frequencies even more in idle. As far as DMAC is concerned, I don't know if it has benefits, though.

I also noticed that my car goes faster after I wash it. ;)

• Haha 5

2 hours ago, fusion71au said:

@corpnewt has acknowledged the bug and detailed a work-around to build a working ProperTree.app for macOS Monterey Beta1...

It appears the default tk implementation that ships with macOS Monterey doesn't display correctly. A workaround is to download and install python from python.org (which has a compatible tk bundled), then use the buildapp-select.command located in ProperTree's Scripts directory to build an application bundle targeting the installed python's path.

Seems Apple borked tk (again - it was also borked in the first few versions of Big Sur) - and the most straightforward workaround is to install python and build the ProperTree.app targeting that version.

Reveal hidden contents

509379104_BuildPropertreewithPython3.9.5.thumb.png.719f7e93e9fe972acfd397963bdb6d08.png

Attached ProperTree.app_Monterey.zip

Thanks for your version of ProperTree.app, but I can not open it due to lack of permission.

How can I fix it ?

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.26.43 PM.png

9 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Would you mind posting your compiled BluetoolFixup.kext.  I couldn't get it to compile because I have a bunch of missing files and am too lazy to find and download them but not too lazy to ask you to post your work. :)

https://www.macos86.it/files/file/27-lilu-plugins-beta-builder/

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, jsl2000 said:

Merci pour votre version de ProperTree.app, mais je ne peux pas l'ouvrir faute d'autorisation.

Comment puis-je le réparer?

Capture d'écran 2021-06-14 à 9.26.43 PM.png

• Like 2

now if any acidanthera developer reads, it would serve something similar to BlueToolFixup also for AirportBrcmFixup that blocks the monterey boot, even using last compiled release

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Guest 5T33Z0
1 hour ago, jsl2000 said:

Thanks for your version of ProperTree.app, but I can not open it due to lack of permission.

How can I fix it ?

Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 9.26.43 PM.png

Disable Gatekeeper in Terminal?

sudo spctl --master-disable

10 hours ago, MorenoAv said:

Hi guys,

macOS Monterey is a pita, today at first boot, it didn't boot again, I don't know why.

The only way for it to boot was with the usb installer, and it boots fine, anyone could tell me what is wrong?

Thanks

IMG_0274.jpeg

config.plist.zipFetching info...

Then copy your installer boot config/files from USB and use that to boot.

Edited by HenryV

17 hours ago, mnfesq said:

Would you mind posting your compiled BluetoolFixup.kext.  I couldn't get it to compile because I have a bunch of missing files and am too lazy to find and download them but not too lazy to ask you to post your work. :)

Sorry for late reply

I attached my compiled file

use BlueToolFixup.kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext BrcmPatchRAM3.kext for Monterey 12

These above 3 kexts require to work bluetooth 

I m using Broadcom Bcm94352z

Remember do not use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext for Monterey 12

BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.0-RELEASE.zip

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 6/12/2021 at 1:08 PM, asdesoso said:

Hi @chris1111 there is great news for our HD 4000 laptops, it seems that HD 4000 can now boot up and enable QE/CI with Metal in Monterey.

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/macos-12-monterey-on-unsupported-macs-thread.2299557/post-30008993

Cheers.

Done HP Probook 6570 b

632467128_Sanstitre2.png.f5217ba327593667ba240197923c3be4.png

Program for HP Probook is ready Monterey 12

Read Readme Monterey 12 EN.pdf before

Enjoy

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, 5T33Z0 said:

Disable Gatekeeper in Terminal?

sudo spctl --master-disable

Thanks, but it did not work yet at Monterey.

• Sad 1

4 hours ago, ameenjuz said:

Sorry for late reply

I attached my compiled file

use BlueToolFixup.kext BrcmFirmwareData.kext BrcmPatchRAM3.kext for Monterey 12

These above 3 kexts require to work bluetooth 

I m using Broadcom Bcm94352z

Remember do not use BrcmBluetoothInjector.kext for Monterey 12

BrcmPatchRAM-2.6.0-RELEASE.zip 5.18 MB · 7 downloads

Thank you so much. Your kext made my USB BT CSR 8510 working again which was normally working OOB till Big Sur.