[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, chris1111 said:

Use this script 

Make sure using Imac 17.1 / SecureBootModel must be j160

If you have Laptop try to find the good Platform Infos and Securebootmodel for the machine

Because every machine is so differant for this Beta 7 its Crazy. . . especially for laptops

Then Create Install Media

after the install you have the secound stage Install, complete the stage 2

Put of the PC then Put SecureBootModel Disable

Complete other steps installations

This is work for me on any PC"s Laptop using latest OpenCore 0.7.4

Personal experience on my Probook 6570b I am use MacBook Pro 13.1  Securebootmodel j215 after installation in the macOS installer
I shut down the laptop and put Securebootmodel back to disable and it will work immediately for all the next steps (Install Stage)

Thanks but i have never used the installassistant pkg before, where do i get it?

On 9/22/2021 at 10:10 PM, antuneddu said:

I meant this one! You need NO USB media of any kind.

Just download, install and you should get Beta 7. :) 

• Confused 1

@SavageAUS

I've downloaded the beta 7 by ANYMacOS app. Select macOS version >> download (it downloads files into Desktop).

Then, with @chris1111 script you are able to create Install macOS Monterey.app getting the InstallAssitant.pkg file from the downloaded files. 

3 hours ago, Naki said:

I meant this one! You need NO USB media of any kind.

Just download, install and you should get Beta 7. :) 

But some people has had troubles with this file. @chris1111 intends to fix this.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

Went straight from Big Sur to Monterey Beta 7...

So far it seems like Monterey is a very minor release... Literally just new wallpapers... (including the beautiful M1 iMac ones which now come by default with the OS...)

And only a few new features...

Looks like a Leopard > Snow Leopard / Lion > Mountain Lion / Sierra > High Sierra type of update...

I presume we're not getting any more changes on Monterey since we're inching closer to RC, right?

• Like 1

I just tried a clean install on my Notebook. Here are my experiences so far:

1. If SharedSupport.dmg is present in /Volumes/Install macOS Monterey beta/Install macOS Monterey beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport, then the installation fails ("Installer Damaged").
2. If SharedSupport.dmg is instead extracted to Volumes/Install macOS Monterey beta/Install macOS Monterey beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport, then the installer works.

But now I have an error, which i have never seen before (couldn't check Firmware Version):
20210924_145346_HDR_(1).thumb.jpg.0cc4edbbbb95c6016d3872efc4eb219c.jpg

I was just testing the USB installer I made and I came across this same error. Switching to iMac17,1 allowed me to move past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@SavageAUS The issue was that I was using Bootloader Chooser on the Installer stick to easily switch between OpenCore and Clover. But I think it uses an outdated firmware, since it is kinda old. After I put the latest "BOOTx64.efi" back in, installation worked fine. No Securebootmodel, no SMBIOS switching needed.

Edited by 5T33Z0

Just now, antuneddu said:

You can focus on themes again , instead of scripts 😆

Wait full Installer not sure apple FIX it :rofl:

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

As in beta 8, I had to change SMBIOS from MacPro7,1 to iMac17,1 and revert after update.

Yes for me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1