[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,947 posts in this topic

On 9/22/2021 at 10:10 PM, antuneddu said:

I meant this one! You need NO USB media of any kind.

Just download, install and you should get Beta 7. :) 

• Confused 1

@SavageAUS

I've downloaded the beta 7 by ANYMacOS app. Select macOS version >> download (it downloads files into Desktop).

Then, with @chris1111 script you are able to create Install macOS Monterey.app getting the InstallAssitant.pkg file from the downloaded files. 

3 hours ago, Naki said:

I meant this one! You need NO USB media of any kind.

Just download, install and you should get Beta 7. :) 

But some people has had troubles with this file. @chris1111 intends to fix this.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

Went straight from Big Sur to Monterey Beta 7...

So far it seems like Monterey is a very minor release... Literally just new wallpapers... (including the beautiful M1 iMac ones which now come by default with the OS...)

And only a few new features...

Looks like a Leopard > Snow Leopard / Lion > Mountain Lion / Sierra > High Sierra type of update...

I presume we're not getting any more changes on Monterey since we're inching closer to RC, right?

• Like 1

I just tried a clean install on my Notebook. Here are my experiences so far:

1. If SharedSupport.dmg is present in /Volumes/Install macOS Monterey beta/Install macOS Monterey beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport, then the installation fails ("Installer Damaged").
2. If SharedSupport.dmg is instead extracted to Volumes/Install macOS Monterey beta/Install macOS Monterey beta.app/Contents/SharedSupport, then the installer works.

But now I have an error, which i have never seen before (couldn't check Firmware Version):
20210924_145346_HDR_(1).thumb.jpg.0cc4edbbbb95c6016d3872efc4eb219c.jpg

I was just testing the USB installer I made and I came across this same error. Switching to iMac17,1 allowed me to move past.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

@SavageAUS The issue was that I was using Bootloader Chooser on the Installer stick to easily switch between OpenCore and Clover. But I think it uses an outdated firmware, since it is kinda old. After I put the latest "BOOTx64.efi" back in, installation worked fine. No Securebootmodel, no SMBIOS switching needed.

Edited by 5T33Z0
  • Like 1

Just now, antuneddu said:

You can focus on themes again , instead of scripts 😆

Wait full Installer not sure apple FIX it :rofl:

4 minutes ago, miliuco said:

As in beta 8, I had to change SMBIOS from MacPro7,1 to iMac17,1 and revert after update.

Yes for me

• Like 1
  • Haha 1