macOS Monterey Jack cheese b9

iOS and iPadOS 15.1 b3

AirPods Pro 

watchOS 8.1 b3

tvOS 15.1 b3

What I'm most concerned? My iPhone. Why? Well, I'm glad you asked:

iOS & iPadOS 15.1 Beta 3 Release Notes

Telephony - Known Issues

Users might experience loss of audio during calls, followed by the call being dropped in some conditions. (83381816)

Workaround: Toggle Airplane Mode on and off, or reboot.

Valid hints for us on the macOS world:

macOS Monterey 12 Beta 9 Release Notes

Displays Preferences - Known Issues

There might be issues with wakeup when dual monitors are connected. (79839446)

Workaround: Connect the power adapter that came with the Mac.

• Haha 3

33 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@parttime - Changing to another Mac Model as you've discovered will alter the previous mapped USB layout, you'll need to remap the layout again or try this this one attached for 19.1 it may help if you don't want to go through the hassel.

To activate DRM to get streaming videos, see instructions inside the folder. Good luck.

PS - Don't forget to clean NVRAM after changes before booting to Desktop.

USB-folder.zip 155.87 kB · 7 downloads

many thanks

17 minutes ago, miliuco said:

OC 0.7.4 official build includes features for fix Monterey updates without changing SecureBootModel or SMBIOS. Sure do you have last 0.7.4?

For most users, SecureBootModel as Default must work, it sets SecureBootModel as you have set SMBIOS model. Let Default and tune only SMBIOS.

i9 + RX5700XT is a good machine to have iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 SMBIOS. But in theory it must work fine with iMac19,1 also.

iMac19,1 lacks DRM video from Safari and TV app fails. iMacPro1,1, and MacPro7,1 are able to fix DRM better.

Regarding BIOS, iMac19,1 can have iGPU enabled and set in headless mode in config.plist but the other 2 SMBIOS must have iGPU disabled in BIOS and no code for iGPU in config.plist.

Regarding USB ports, if you have USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext you must change inside them the Info.plist file each time you change SMBIOS model to be the same. Remapping USB ports again is not necessary. Look at the kext (USBMap or USBPorts) >> Show package contents >> Contents >> open Info.plist file and look for 2 instances of Mac model to change them to the current SMBIOS model. Without this change, USB ports work in a different way.

good info, thanks.

I'm positive on the 0.7.4, so this is odd.

I'll stick with iMacPro1,1....great info, thanks again

• Like 2

I was able to update b9 with the latest clover.
16abda21f5d0617aa26a7f6577b908c7.png
Thank you.

Did you have to use any trickery?
My laptop with smbios MacBookPro16,1 showed the update, downloaded the update but no matter how many times I tried it would not pass the first reboot, just kept going around and around in a reboot loop, had to use a usb with OC 0.7.4 to get it installed. Now that it’s installed clover boots it just fine. I did not change any settings but I did try adding RestictEvents kext with no luck.

Same deal with my AMD desktop, had to use OC 0.7.4 to finish the update but clover boots it just fine.

With my AMD machine I lost Ethernet again. Wish Apple would make there minds up. Luckily I do have a pci Ethernet card handy if the decide to stop us from using smalltree kext.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

14 hours ago, miliuco said:

OC 0.7.4 official build includes features for fix Monterey updates without changing SecureBootModel or SMBIOS. Sure do you have last 0.7.4?

For most users, SecureBootModel as Default must work, it sets SecureBootModel as you have set SMBIOS model. Let Default and tune only SMBIOS.

i9 + RX5700XT is a good machine to have iMacPro1,1 or MacPro7,1 SMBIOS. But in theory it must work fine with iMac19,1 also.

iMac19,1 lacks DRM video from Safari and TV app fails. iMacPro1,1, and MacPro7,1 are able to fix DRM better.

Regarding BIOS, iMac19,1 can have iGPU enabled and set in headless mode in config.plist but the other 2 SMBIOS must have iGPU disabled in BIOS and no code for iGPU in config.plist.

Regarding USB ports, if you have USBMap.kext or USBPorts.kext you must change inside them the Info.plist file each time you change SMBIOS model to be the same. Remapping USB ports again is not necessary. Look at the kext (USBMap or USBPorts) >> Show package contents >> Contents >> open Info.plist file and look for 2 instances of Mac model to change them to the current SMBIOS model. Without this change, USB ports work in a different way.

I am OC 0.7.4 still beta 9 was not offered!

Anything i need to change on OC 0.7.4 to get the update working with changing SMBios?

4 minutes ago, greythorne said:

I am OC 0.7.4 still beta 9 was not offered!

Anything i need to change on OC 0.7.4 to get the update working with changing SMBios?

If you have 0.7.4, in theory SecureBootModel=Default and SMBIOS set as you prefer must work.

What's your SMBIOS?

Try SecureBootModel=Disabled.

21 minutes ago, miliuco said:

If you have 0.7.4, in theory SecureBootModel=Default and SMBIOS set as you prefer must work.

What's your SMBIOS?

Strange but true apparently it doesn't seem to work with everyone 🤔

• Like 1

2 hours ago, SavageAUS said:

Did you have to use any trickery?
My laptop with smbios MacBookPro16,1 showed the update, downloaded the update but no matter how many times I tried it would not pass the first reboot, just kept going around and around in a reboot loop, had to use a usb with OC 0.7.4 to get it installed. Now that it’s installed clover boots it just fine. I did not change any settings but I did try adding RestictEvents kext with no luck.

Same deal with my AMD desktop, had to use OC 0.7.4 to finish the update but clover boots it just fine.

With my AMD machine I lost Ethernet again. Wish Apple would make there minds up. Luckily I do have a pci Ethernet card handy if the decide to stop us from using smalltree kext.

Check ExtendedFirmwareFeatures. If there is no bit 0x800000000 then it will not pass first reboot.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

What's your SMBIOS?

Now that everything is updated, its hard to go back an check what's keeping it form updating.

But I did have 0.7.4 and SecureBootModel set to default.  SMBIOS is imacPro1,1

I'll try the SBM=Disable next time. 

thanks

1 hour ago, Slice said:
Check ExtendedFirmwareFeatures. If there is no bit 0x800000000 then it will not pass first reboot.

Ah ok. I will check and report next update.

Is it ok to use the default value 0x8FE001403 ?

Or should it be 0x800000000?

Same for ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask is the default value ok to use?

Edited by SavageAUS

30 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Ah ok. I will check and report next update.

Is it ok to use the default value 0x8FE001403 ?

Or should it be 0x800000000?

Same for ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask is the default value ok to use?

the values should be under your mac model
for example

iMacPro1,1

FirmwareFeatures: 0xFD8FF53E
FirmwareFeaturesMask: 0xFF9FFF3F
ExtendedFirmwareFeatures: 0x00000008FD8FF53E
ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask: 0x00000008FF9FFF3F

Edited by Dmitriy85
  • Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, SavageAUS said:

Hopefully this helps?

Screen Shot 2021-10-07 at 11.09.26 pm.png

I have the latest o.c 75, using imac16,1, secure boot model disabled and these strings blank. Updated no problem.

• Like 1

I have the latest o.c 75, using imac16,1, secure boot model disabled and these strings blank. Updated no problem.

Yeah with OpenCore, but I’m trying to use clover so perhaps those values are needed. I just need to know which values to use for MacBookPro16,1 and iMacPro1,1.

Updated from beta 8 to beta 9 without issues. Updated with full security enabled (file Vault, Vault and ApplesSecureBoot) Everything works like a charm.

Dual booting Windows 10 on the same disk works too after updating. Updated without changing SMBIOS. 😃

1455951794_Screenshot2021-10-07at15_16_35.thumb.png.3417fdbef3ebcfa9a5f71f214ee1b2eb.png

Edited by obus
  • Like 4

3 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Strange but true apparently it doesn't seem to work with everyone 🤔

I see. Hackintosh world is not simple. As per @vit9696, Default must be valid for every one. And Default picks SMBIOS model so both match. I don’t know why some people has problems with Default. 

After realizing I was on public beta seed (oops), was able to change that and update to B9 like normal.
SMBIOS: MacBookPro15,1
SecureBootModel: Default (J680)
Can also still boot Catalina and older OSes with SBM set to default, which is nice for working on VoodooRMI.

Spoiler

image.thumb.png.97538e9bf943481b3c4d3370b54d2a5f.png

• Like 3