[pre-release] macOS Monterey

1,859 posts in this topic

1 minute ago, meaganmargaret said:

I did try and create a USB install disk and as eSaF noted, it failed.  Haven't tried it with securebootmodel set just yet, but remember, I'm currently on 072....

I have 073 working on my Z490, but it won't boot on my Z370.  I have to do some research as to why, and I think I'm just going to wait this one out on the Z370.

Try with the lates OC Commit - https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true - you may have a better chance, see the posts by @Andrey1970.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, meaganmargaret said:

I did try and create a USB install disk and as eSaF noted, it failed.  I have 073 working on my Z490, but it won't boot on my Z370.  I have to do some research as to why, and I think I'm just going to wait this one out on the Z370.

Thanks for the reply,failed to create an installation usb installer just tried again
" / Applications / Install macOS Monterey beta.app does not appear to be a valid OS installer application. "
I hope you have luck with the latest OC build 🤞

• Like 1

2 hours ago, antuneddu said:

Have you launched the app or created the usb?
Because if I launch the app it seems to work

366196555_Schermata2021-09-22alle22_37_39.png.c6d8adc4e8c96e4ec732a8800ca5d31d.png 

but if I try to create the usb it says that the installer is not valid

674546193_Schermata2021-09-22alle22_34_39.png.3ad4f1dc91d6aaf1dbc071b99f8a7dda.png

TINU app 

365835601_Schermata2021-09-22alle22_35_59.png.b6d837e4b24d3c830364c9ad389748b6.png

I'm wrong, or the installer has some problem ... I downloaded it 2 times 🤔

Same here I will try another thecnics  :moil:

• Haha 2

I guess this is one of the many times I'm thankful I follow this thread.

I was about to do the update to Monterey PB7 tonight (well, this morning now), so while waiting for it to download, I pulled up this thread and started reading.

I'm so glad I did, because afterwards I quickly updated to the latest build of OpenCore 0.7.4 (downloaded from Dortania), and this let me successfully complete the upgrade to beta 7 with no issues.

I'm very grateful for all the sleuthing of everyone who contributes to this thread, and I hope this will be the last hiccup before Monterey gets released (my theory is that Apple is holding it back for a hardware event next month).

Edited by pbryanw
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 2

Remember guys

if everytime want to download full Installer  InstallAssistant.pkg from Apple server then put it user directry and run pkg 

don't put InstallAssistant.pkg another directry otherwise this is extract corrupt copy  Install macOS Monterey.app

i expreinced this issue already

put InstallAssistant.pkg in user directry then run pkg

5 hours ago, chris1111 said:

Its a Crapy update from Apple and crapy Installer macOS

No, you can't say that. Apple has no obligation to seed installers that suit the hacking community.

Greetings Henties 

Something is wrong with the Monterey Beta 7 Full Installer! Once downloaded it is only a 32MB stub file.

Source: https://mrmacintosh.com/macos-monterey-beta-7-update-21a5522h-is-live-whats-new/

So before I download the full installer, can someone confirm or disconfirm this?

I see there have been a couple of new 074 builds in the last couple hours. One addresses the ExtendedFirmwareFeaturesMask for Monterey. I will try that because I can't get that installer to run, no matter what I do. Tried all of the things suggested so far.

Edited by 5T33Z0

The I211 port is now working with the same old SmallTree kext file under Monterey ß7 on my MSI TRX40 Creator mobo. (The same file works with Catalina-BigSur-Monterey.)

The entire time it was broken was due to a macOS problem, not a SmallTree kext problem.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, FredWst said:

@vit9696

Hack MacBookPro16,2 with Secure boot set in config.plist ApECID=0 and secureBootModel=j214k

I got update b7 proposed to update.

But got this error below. OC bug or bad config.plist ?

1516381872_Capturedcran2021-09-2219_41_52.png.83241618efcd2d91bf74a512b3e824e1.png 

Edit: update ok change -> secureBootModel to Disabled and back to j214k

Fred

What about Default, i.e. x86legacy?

1 hour ago, Henties said:

No, you can't say that. Apple has no obligation to seed installers that suit the hacking community.

Actually we can - True Apple has no obligation to satisfy the needs of the Hack community, but this has happened before in a previous OS X Beta version even to the disappointment of Genuine Mac users who wanted a standalone installer instead of this kind of update. If I remember correctly it caused a tremor in the Mac community to the point that pushed Apple to quickly released a version that could be used on a USB drive.

Edited by eSaF

4 hours ago, iGPU said:

The I211 port is now working with the same old SmallTree kext file under Monterey ß7 on my MSI TRX40 Creator mobo. (The same file works with Catalina-BigSur-Monterey.)

The entire time it was broken was due to a macOS problem, not a SmallTree kext problem.

the i210 port is also broken in monterey beta6..how to fix it ?

1 hour ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

I got the full installer because I got the sparse image with munki / macadmin-scripts. (At that time)
Intaller.app is broken, but the contents are elsewhere in the sparse image and copy it to correct app-contents.
Then it is worked.

% curl -O https://raw.githubusercontent.com/munki/macadmin-scripts/main/installinstallmacos.py && sudo /usr/bin/python installinstallmacos.py --raw --seedprogram DeveloperSeed

Thank you

SharedSupport.dmg  ,  SharedSupport   is not present 😑

• Sad 2

1 minute ago, antuneddu said:

SharedSupport.dmg  ,  SharedSupport   is not present 😑

My result also - No matter how we twist and turn this latest Beta 7 to build on an installer stick, I don't think it was pushed to be a stand alone installer unless it is a massive bug by Apple.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

22 minutes ago, MifJpnAlphaPlus said:

787422226_2021-09-2320_06_50.thumb.png.d1855134ed413e1863b2a47330fa3342.png

380350761_2021-09-2320_10_07.thumb.png.e6b5ecdcfa0e878485c869b9b7abd5e0.png

In my Install_macOS_12.0-21A5522h.sparseimage

->Applications->InstallApplications->Install macOS Monterey beta.app->Contents->SharedSupport->SharedSupport.dmg

Anyway, I will try again here as well

Just tried again, nothing, wrong path?
Maybe I need to show the GreenPass to get the full installer? 😆

238452220_Schermata2021-09-23alle13_31_15.thumb.png.dd55fe42bbfdc070f8d590c43d02e469.png

• Haha 2
  • Sad 1

Clean install using USB installer. Install time 30 min.

Tips to repair Install Monterey App.

1. Open package content of Install Monterey App

2. Create SharedSupport folder

3. Open Install Assistant.pkg wit Better Zip and extract SharedSupport.dmg

4. Copy contents of SharedSupport.dmg and paste it to the folder created in step 2.

That's it enjoy.

Screen Shot 2021-09-23 at 7.58.44 PM.png

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1