[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3

gengik84

112 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

No update showing yet, but my copy of Big Sur is 20D64, already... 

Yea same here, the build number is exactly the same so I don't know if we qualify for the update and to be honest I am not in the mood to download the whole file and do a fresh install plus all my other software so I will wait a day or two to see if the update will be offered.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, bisdak4920 said:

11.4 GB = indeed the full Big Sur 11.2 install. Can you please also post the direct download links to the update installers, combo and incremental?

1 hour ago, BuXb said:

11.4 GB = indeed the full Big Sur 11.2 install. Can you please also post the direct download links to the update installers, combo and incremental?

There is no longer combo or incremental direct downloads, Apple stopped that back in 11.0 beta 2

• Confused 1

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea same here, the build number is exactly the same so I don't know if we qualify for the update and to be honest I am not in the mood to download the whole file and do a fresh install plus all my other software so I will wait a day or two to see if the update will be offered.

It seems that the public release is the same as the RC3 build, so no need to worry, my dawg!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

I downloaded the update, installed it, and still shows update available. About shows 11.2 (20D64).

I ran the update on my MBP2019, and it now shows 11.2.1 (20D74). 

So, is the update selective based on the device?

But I would expect the version and build to change anyway so it stops telling me I need to update.

hmmm

What I did to get the update:

No matter what have you set in OC config.plist Nvram > csr-active-config, need to reboot to Recovery partition, then open Terminal from utilities and enable sip "csrutil enable" > Enter, then "reboot" > Enter. After reboot, I did reset nvram and rebooted. System Preferences offered me (finally) the update. The update runned smooth. Then I disabled sip in terminal again "csrutil disable". No matters what version of OC or what SMBIOS use. I hope to be useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

23 hours ago, XanthraX said:

Could not do this update. The PrefPane shows as usual my mac is up to date.  I downloaded all package from MAS, but it is still 11.2. What can I do?

Same problem as you

Edited by IUTniun
  • Like 2