101 posts in this topic

50 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

No update showing yet, but my copy of Big Sur is 20D64, already... 

Yea same here, the build number is exactly the same so I don't know if we qualify for the update and to be honest I am not in the mood to download the whole file and do a fresh install plus all my other software so I will wait a day or two to see if the update will be offered.

1 hour ago, BuXb said:

11.4 GB = indeed the full Big Sur 11.2 install. Can you please also post the direct download links to the update installers, combo and incremental?

There is no longer combo or incremental direct downloads, Apple stopped that back in 11.0 beta 2

15 hours ago, eSaF said:

Yea same here, the build number is exactly the same so I don't know if we qualify for the update and to be honest I am not in the mood to download the whole file and do a fresh install plus all my other software so I will wait a day or two to see if the update will be offered.

It seems that the public release is the same as the RC3 build, so no need to worry, my dawg!

• gengik84 changed the title to [Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1

No matter what, never offered on my Haswell/HD4600 Hackintosh laptop (MBP11,1 SMBIOS), even after changing to several more recent SMBIOS models. Had to redownload the complete BS installation package but that did not install 20D74 and lappy stayed on 20D64.

I downloaded the update, installed it, and still shows update available. About shows 11.2 (20D64).

I ran the update on my MBP2019, and it now shows 11.2.1 (20D74). 

So, is the update selective based on the device?

But I would expect the version and build to change anyway so it stops telling me I need to update.

hmmm

Ok, I obviously need to refine the matter but I've managed to obtain the 11.2.1 update offer on my Haswell/HD4600 laptop by making significant changes to OpenCore:

1. reverted from OC 0.6.6 to OC 0.6.3
  2. reverted OCC from v2.27.0.0 to v2.16.0.0
  3. reverted OC config to that of my Ivy Bridge/HD4000 laptop (OC 0.6.3 last updated with OCC v2.16.0.0) and adjusted its ACPI/DeviceProperties/Kernel/PlatformInfo settings + ACPI tables and kexts to what was required for the Haswell/HD4600 platform

On reboot, bingo, update to Big Sur 11.2.1 was offered in Software Update PrefPane. I want to point that, before and after the OC changes, I was using SMBIOS of MBP11,1 which is a fully supported platform for Big Sur.

I now need to try and pinpoint what is exactly the issue: whether the OC version, the config settings, possible negative impacts from OCC or a mix of them all. I've got the same symptoms on another Hack (my desktop Vostro200) which does not offer 11.2.1 update either, whatever the compatible SMBIOS I use; it's running with OC 0.6.5...

• gengik84 changed the title to [Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3