[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3

gengik84

112 posts in this topic

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

afaik, Clover still does not support installing or updating Big Sur; I certainly could not do these with Clover to the best of my abilities but these are, of course, limited.

It does support Big Sur since v5123. There are no problems with installing/updating Big Sur with Clover whatsoever, I'm running it on my 5 hacks, all updated OTA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HenryV said:

csr-active-config in OC 063 with csrutil enable and csrutil authenticated-root enable shows 10000000 when queried in terminal: nvram csr-active-config.

However, 11.2.1 update is still not showing in software update, shows up to date. 

Yes, data =<10000000> is 0x10 which as I said prohibit software update. I recommended this bit to be zero.

8 hours ago, kushwavez said:

It does support Big Sur since v5123. There are no problems with installing/updating Big Sur with Clover whatsoever, I'm running it on my 5 hacks, all updated OTA.

I don't know what @Hervé meant, a wording error certainly. but Clover works perfectly with bigsur. moreover, since 5129 the use of recovery mode is OP and is more optimized  than with openCore (just try the both, you'll see). again more, with clover no csr problem for bigsur updates. it is a strange statement.

6 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

I'm pretty sure HD 2000 had no native support whatsoever. I suppose it's just a modified HD 3000 kext with no QE/CI.

I mean...yeah you can boot with HD 2000 and no QE/CI, but what's the point in using a potato with slideshow

No mod kext file the user tell me system is fast and works good I said video Youtube works good no issue graphics at all

see here https://www.hackintosh-montreal.com/t11195-snow-leopard-10-6-8-avec-hd-4000#137959

Edited by chris1111

I have made a clean install of 11.2.1 . I first erased 11.2 and installed, temporaly, Windows, in order to update the UEFI (firmware) I needed Windows.

Tried to install the latest one available, but it refused to install. It seemed weird anyway, perhaps for legacy, probably the next one was for UEFI, so I managed to install it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4502;-;

But the pen drive with 11.2.1 gave an error message due to incorrect SMBIOS. I have used iMac 14.4 for SMBIOS, but now it was not working anymore (it booted fine before the UEFI update). So changed to iMac 20.1 and was able to boot and install. I shall finish the installation later, the post-install,  when I get back from work. it seemed fine, so far. I have not installed any patches I could install from the installer added by the app, I wanted as close to vanilla as possible. Has the patched installer installed some patches besides those? Perhaps.

It seems that Big Sur works even without Metal support. Not fully (Most likely iMovie shall not work, if I try to install it and use it, but I will not.), but pretty decent. I would have bought an i5 instead of an i3, but I as low on money and the offer was too good to refuse, especially beiong locked out of the whole Hackintosh thing by the USB failure of my old machine.

This new machine has one major issue, that the ethernet port does not work at all, I am using an external, USB connected, ethernat adapter. It does not work on Windows either, so it is not a Hackintosh issue, not kext, hack or patch shall fix this. If my expenses shall be not very heavy in the next, months, I shall probably trade the i3 to an i5, mostly in order to be able to install the succesor of Big Sur, when it is available.

On my previous machine, the GPU did not support Metal, I have used the dosdude1 patch on Mojave and Catalina, developed in the Macrumos community. This year, dosdude1 has developed a patch for Big Sur, but a patch developed by other users from Macrumors was made, the ”micropatcher”.

P.S. I have the audio kext packaged by chris1111, on 11.2 worked fine. Probably it shall work the same in 11.2.1.

Regarding the OpenCore vs. Clover issue, Slice is the one who can answer more then me how much code and in what way is shared between Clover and OpenCore. I have shared my experience. Probably not the best one but, if you are stuck with a hardware like mine, perhaps it can usefull. Even if I did not understood all, I tried to think out of the box and try. It worked out, more or less.

Edited by Vyzantion

Actually, if I think about it, it seems Apple themselves did not gave the updated install app until those days. I could not access it not just from the Hackintosh, but also from other machines (non-macOS) on other ISPs. Also, some other people reported that they were offered a 12 gb update, seeming a whole macOS installer, instead of an update. Perhaps for some systems Apple decided to update them devices like that. 

14 hours ago, chris1111 said:

HD 2000 is support in Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

A user post in my forum CPU Intel Caleron B840 Intel HD 2000

Booting with Clover Installing with MAC OS X Deploy

⬇︎See spoiler

Hide contents

I know, you are magician. The computer is notebook? And the processor is Mobile, yes?

This is the answer.

Intel graphics will work on mobile CPU and doesn't on desktop.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Slice said:

I know, you are magician. The computer is notebook? And the processor is Mobile, yes?

This is the answer.

Intel graphics work on my machine as well, and it is a desktop system.

My specs: Acer Veriton x2611 g, CPU i3 2120 (HD 2000 graphics) an 4 gb ddr3. No GPU. It works.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Slice said:

This is the answer.

Yes mobile

thanks for the enswer

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Hello...

If I install kexts to /L/E and repair permission, should I also  kcditto, or kmutil will take care of that?

I don't think you need that, repair permissions, then just write the well accostumed "sudo kernelcache -i /" that will trigger kmutil update

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Hervé said:

Screenshots clearly show no translucent Finder bar or Dock: there is no graphics acceleration for HD2000 or Sandy Bridge Intel HD; full stop. SL may run but without QE/CI. I don't see the point of claiming otherwise outside a strange desire to spread fake news.

I don't even see the relevance of such a useless discussion on this Big Sur 11.2/11.2.1 thread.

Graphics acceleration does not work. I never stated that it does. But the OS itself works. And this matters. For me, if the OS works with no graphics acceleration, the OS works. I know that, for some people, macOS works equal macOS works with graphics acceleration. But not for everybody.

Hi guys,

Today I decided to do a fresh install of macOS and decided for 11.2.1, and it works mostly but I lost sound, I used an EFI from my previous install macOS 11.3 Beta 2 and in that I had sound, in this one I don't have sound.

In hackintool as you can see below all my sound options are available and recognized, but in system properties i don't have any outputs.

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-20, às 17.09.00.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-20, às 17.09.35.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-20, às 17.25.23.png

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

@MorenoAv hai provato diverse versioni di AppleALC ???
Hai mai pensato di iniettare audio da DeviceProperties?

Yes, I changed AppleALC for the last one, an I initiate audio from system properties... but I have to try other versions of AppleALC...

Thanks

PS: SOLVED

Changed the Codec and all is well, for now... 

Thank you

Edited by MorenoAv

For me, 11.2.2 seems to be the same like 11.2.1. I shall wait for the full installer to be available from Apple. 

Two minor updates, one after another. I do not get it. They could have waited and launch today 11.2.1, with the fixes they shipped both in 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 . Anyways, GibMacOS does show not the gull installer for 11.2.2 yet. Perhaps they shall not publish it at all, altough unlikely. Probably 11.3 will soon arrive anyway.