[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3

130 posts in this topic

On 2/12/2021 at 9:44 PM, Vyzantion said:

But if SIP is the culprit, why on the Linux machine and the other two Windows machines (that were not connected to my ISP, since they where from other places then my house) 11.2.1 was not seen in GibMacOS, but 11.2 was seen? I mean the full macOS install app, not the update pkg .

do you have an apple developer account? if so, you may have installed the latest Beta version, which was strictly the same as 11.2.1 so its download is not offered to you.

1 hour ago, kushwavez said:

Thanks!

I'm using 0x01 from High Sierra for allowing unsigned kexts inside /Library/Extensions. That is still the case here on Big Sur.

A Question: what is the diff between Unapproved kext and Unsigned kext?

Just thinking.

Unsigned kext allowing means that the system will not block them, right? 

So Unapproved kext allowing means that there will be no popup window saying "System Extension Blocked..." and no need to allow it from System Preferences -> Security & Privacy?

I was able to download the updated Big Sur using GibmacOS download tool. I shall install it those days from scratch, when I have some time. It seems that the update does not come on System Proprieties, probably the clean install is the only option.

Regarding the discussion about SIP, perhaps I need to mention that I use the following boot arg: amfi_get_out_of_my_way=0x1 .

On 2/15/2021 at 4:00 PM, Slice said:

0x3E7 as in Clover by default.

csr-active-config in OC 063 with csrutil enable and csrutil authenticated-root enable shows 10000000 when queried in terminal: nvram csr-active-config.

However, 11.2.1 update is still not showing in software update, shows up to date. 

5 hours ago, Hervé said:

That's for unsupported platforms (cf dosdude1's Catalina patcher). What kind of system are you using this on?

Not an unsupported real Mac, that is for sure. It a system made from refurbished parts, the shop that put this together knew little about Hackintoshing. I have used this tool to make the installation pen drive from the install app https://github.com/moosethegoose2213/automator-for-barrykn-micropatcher It contains the Micropatcher for Big Sur, developed by the users of Macrumors. My initial plan was to use the patches for unsupported Macs (a recipy that worked on my previous Asus based Hackintosh), but I have tried to boot it without patches and it worked fine, patches were not applied, unless they were without me actually seeing it. It seems to be placed a boot flag, I do not remember its exact form, about no integrity checks. This system does not have a GPU the Intel i3 CPU had only HD Graphics 2000, Metal not supported. I have used Whatever Green and Lilu for the first time, my previous configuration made it without them. Switched to VirtualSMC from FakeSMC. I kept Clover, instead of OpenCOre, being more familiar with it, having a GUI. Because Clover shared some code with OpenCore, some of the benefits of OpenCore are now in Clover, this risk of messing up by forgetting something was much small. I have also used some other recommended kexts and one extracted from a distro . I know in here distros are not recommended, this is not a distro installation, just that kext taken from it. This a half blind attempt, for now it worked to install.

I have managed to find what the motherboard I have is. It is the former motherboard from an Acer Veriton x2611 . I have 4 gb of ram, I already said about the CPU and graphics. I have posted the content of the EFI partition last week, for more details. 

All I was asking was basically your system's specs but it does not look like you know yourself... -_-

Let's clarify a few things immediately:

1. HD2000 has no support whatsoever in OS X/macOS, never had, never will, so one has to wonder why you'd even attempt to run Big Sur on this. You need to realise that HD3000, which was fully supported up to High Sierra and could be supported with minimum patching under Mojave and significant patching Catalina, cannot be supported under Big Sur. At all. It's dead in 11.x just like Intel GMA 950/X3100 were totally dead in Mavericks and later.
  2. it appears you run with Clover and, afaik, Clover still does not support installing or updating Big Sur; I certainly could not do these with Clover to the best of my abilities but these are, of course, limited.
  3. if the Clover config you're using is that posted on p2, well, ouch! Consider yourself lucky to even boot macOS on your Sandy Bridge desktop.

Config#1.jpg

Config#2.jpg

Config#3.jpg

Config#4.jpg

Start by getting supported hardware, then clean-up your config. You've got a lot to do before you even consider engaging into updates. And know that, with a supported graphics card you wouldn't need any patcher! You can take your Hackintosh matters to their own thread, this one is not the right place. You're kind of starting from zero here really. Head over to Dortania's guidance if you want to run Big Sur and make sure you meet the pre-requisites, especially #2.

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/prerequisites.html#prerequisites

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

afaik, Clover still does not support installing or updating Big Sur; I certainly could not do these with Clover to the best of my abilities but these are, of course, limited.

It does support Big Sur since v5123. There are no problems with installing/updating Big Sur with Clover whatsoever, I'm running it on my 5 hacks, all updated OTA.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

15 hours ago, HenryV said:

csr-active-config in OC 063 with csrutil enable and csrutil authenticated-root enable shows 10000000 when queried in terminal: nvram csr-active-config.

However, 11.2.1 update is still not showing in software update, shows up to date. 

Yes, data =<10000000> is 0x10 which as I said prohibit software update. I recommended this bit to be zero.

8 hours ago, kushwavez said:

It does support Big Sur since v5123. There are no problems with installing/updating Big Sur with Clover whatsoever, I'm running it on my 5 hacks, all updated OTA.

I don't know what @Hervé meant, a wording error certainly. but Clover works perfectly with bigsur. moreover, since 5129 the use of recovery mode is OP and is more optimized  than with openCore (just try the both, you'll see). again more, with clover no csr problem for bigsur updates. it is a strange statement.

HD 2000 is support in Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

A user post in my forum CPU Intel Caleron B840 Intel HD 2000

Booting with Clover Installing with MAC OS X Deploy

⬇︎See spoiler

Spoiler

img_5711.png.4bf1fb80606bdaeae6bb996676d06d38.png

img_5714.jpg.957750a64453337b561c16d0e137de4c.jpg

40337516_Capturedcranle2021-02-1711_55_09.thumb.png.c03b4a85d23014e31e7f4382b9d53eed.png

import10.thumb.png.4450a3c1ad54f99e63bc507a0d6fbf35.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

I'm pretty sure HD 2000 had no native support whatsoever. I suppose it's just a modified HD 3000 kext with no QE/CI.

I mean...yeah you can boot with HD 2000 and no QE/CI, but what's the point in using a potato with slideshow

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, kushwavez said:

I'm pretty sure HD 2000 had no native support whatsoever. I suppose it's just a modified HD 3000 kext with no QE/CI.

I mean...yeah you can boot with HD 2000 and no QE/CI, but what's the point in using a potato with slideshow

No mod kext file the user tell me system is fast and works good I said video Youtube works good no issue graphics at all

see here https://www.hackintosh-montreal.com/t11195-snow-leopard-10-6-8-avec-hd-4000#137959

Edited by chris1111
  • Confused 1

I have made a clean install of 11.2.1 . I first erased 11.2 and installed, temporaly, Windows, in order to update the UEFI (firmware) I needed Windows.

Tried to install the latest one available, but it refused to install. It seemed weird anyway, perhaps for legacy, probably the next one was for UEFI, so I managed to install it.

https://www.acer.com/ac/en/ID/content/support-product/4502;-;

But the pen drive with 11.2.1 gave an error message due to incorrect SMBIOS. I have used iMac 14.4 for SMBIOS, but now it was not working anymore (it booted fine before the UEFI update). So changed to iMac 20.1 and was able to boot and install. I shall finish the installation later, the post-install,  when I get back from work. it seemed fine, so far. I have not installed any patches I could install from the installer added by the app, I wanted as close to vanilla as possible. Has the patched installer installed some patches besides those? Perhaps.

It seems that Big Sur works even without Metal support. Not fully (Most likely iMovie shall not work, if I try to install it and use it, but I will not.), but pretty decent. I would have bought an i5 instead of an i3, but I as low on money and the offer was too good to refuse, especially beiong locked out of the whole Hackintosh thing by the USB failure of my old machine.

This new machine has one major issue, that the ethernet port does not work at all, I am using an external, USB connected, ethernat adapter. It does not work on Windows either, so it is not a Hackintosh issue, not kext, hack or patch shall fix this. If my expenses shall be not very heavy in the next, months, I shall probably trade the i3 to an i5, mostly in order to be able to install the succesor of Big Sur, when it is available.

On my previous machine, the GPU did not support Metal, I have used the dosdude1 patch on Mojave and Catalina, developed in the Macrumos community. This year, dosdude1 has developed a patch for Big Sur, but a patch developed by other users from Macrumors was made, the ”micropatcher”.

P.S. I have the audio kext packaged by chris1111, on 11.2 worked fine. Probably it shall work the same in 11.2.1.

Regarding the OpenCore vs. Clover issue, Slice is the one who can answer more then me how much code and in what way is shared between Clover and OpenCore. I have shared my experience. Probably not the best one but, if you are stuck with a hardware like mine, perhaps it can usefull. Even if I did not understood all, I tried to think out of the box and try. It worked out, more or less.

Edited by Vyzantion

Actually, if I think about it, it seems Apple themselves did not gave the updated install app until those days. I could not access it not just from the Hackintosh, but also from other machines (non-macOS) on other ISPs. Also, some other people reported that they were offered a 12 gb update, seeming a whole macOS installer, instead of an update. Perhaps for some systems Apple decided to update them devices like that. 

14 hours ago, chris1111 said:

HD 2000 is support in Mac OS X Snow Leopard 10.6.8

A user post in my forum CPU Intel Caleron B840 Intel HD 2000

Booting with Clover Installing with MAC OS X Deploy

⬇︎See spoiler

Hide contents

I know, you are magician. The computer is notebook? And the processor is Mobile, yes?

This is the answer.

Intel graphics will work on mobile CPU and doesn't on desktop.

• Like 4

40 minutes ago, Slice said:

I know, you are magician. The computer is notebook? And the processor is Mobile, yes?

This is the answer.

Intel graphics work on my machine as well, and it is a desktop system.

My specs: Acer Veriton x2611 g, CPU i3 2120 (HD 2000 graphics) an 4 gb ddr3. No GPU. It works.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Vyzantion said:

Intel graphics work on my machine as well, and it is a desktop system.

10 minutes ago, Vyzantion said:

No GPU. It works.

So you say iGPU is working, but isn't working.:w00t:

• Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Slice said:

This is the answer.

Yes mobile

thanks for the enswer

Screenshots clearly show no translucent Finder bar or Dock: there is no graphics acceleration for HD2000 or Sandy Bridge Intel HD; full stop. SL may run but without QE/CI. I don't see the point of claiming otherwise outside a strange desire to spread fake news.

I don't even see the relevance of such a useless discussion on this Big Sur 11.2/11.2.1 thread.

7 hours ago, ellaosx said:

Hello...

If I install kexts to /L/E and repair permission, should I also  kcditto, or kmutil will take care of that?

I don't think you need that, repair permissions, then just write the well accostumed "sudo kernelcache -i /" that will trigger kmutil update

• Thanks 1

• gengik84 changed the title to [Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3