[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3

gengik84

112 posts in this topic

4 hours ago, Henry2010 said:

11.2.2 is meant for MBP and MBA.

maybe we don't need to update?:rolleyes:

In a long run, we need it, any not up-to-date build is a source of issued, due build number and the compatibility things that derive term. But for the few next days probably it wil not matter. As I said, for me, and maybe for other people as well, best things is to wait a few days until the full installer is published by Apple, re-create the installation pen drive and either make a full reinstall or an in-place upgrade.

Opencore > NVRAM > Add > 7C436110... csr-active-config.... 00000000 - SIP completely enabled (0x0);

30000000 - Allow unsigned kexts and writing to protected system file locations;

67000000 - SIP completely disabled

Software update is offered only with SIP completely enabled.

• Like 1

On 3/2/2021 at 6:00 AM, ellaosx said:

Does anyone having issue like this everytime i start/restart big sur?

Pressing Open doesnt show anything.

20210223_083317.thumb.jpg.d77eae9df934656e97f6890461a88f29.jpg

It's FakeSMC. Or to be more specific one of the keys it injects (MSSD, which stores the shutdown state). The value FakeSMC injects works ok with Clover but not OpenCore.

Edit the info.plist and delete that key.

Edited by Riley Freeman

6 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

It's FakeSMC. Or to be more specific one of the keys it injects (MSSD, which stores the shutdown state). The value FakeSMC injects works ok with Clover but not OpenCore.

does the same thing with Clover

18 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

I am using latest clover & fakesmc of slice. All the kext are latest too. I only even installed fakesmc, lilu & whatevergreen for a test, but same issue.

you'll have to use VirtualSMC for a while or resist and wait for this little bug to be fixed

i'd reported this bug to @Slice

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299861-hwsensors3/?do=findComment&comment=2751416

8 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

you'll have to use VirtualSMC

Both suggestions worked :thumbsup_anim:

Thank You @Riley Freeman and @iCanaro

Edited by ellaosx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@Riley Freeman

I am using latest clover & fakesmc of slice.

18 hours ago, iCanaro said:

does the same thing with Clover

Thanks for the corrections. I thought I read somewhere that the issue didn't affect Clover but I might have picked it up wrong. Using OC and VirtualSMC here.

18 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Question: Does anyone have the ASM1042 USB controller working with big sur on their hack??? If you how did you do it?

fixed the problem at the root, inserted into the Z68 PCI card to have additional USB 3.0, OOB operation

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00JEVLEFQ/

now 2 usb 3.0 rear ports and the 2 front of the case fully functional with all OS :thumbsup_anim:

Since these posts show updates, I am looking for some pointers as to why updates are not showing in Big Sur system preferences.

Csrutil enable and csrutil authenticated-root enable in recovery console modifies NVRAM csr-active-config in config.plist to 10000000 and booting is enabled but no updates.

Cannot boot Big Sur with SIP completely enabled 00000000 in config.plist due to kernel panic.

Any specific pointers as to where and what to look for with boot args set to:

no_compat_check  keepsyms=1 -lilubetaall -v debug=0x100 lapic_dont_panic=1

What specific log files to look at?

What specific boot files to look at?

Edited by HenryV
typo
  • Like 1

You know, I was ready a few hours ago to make a joke about Apple releasing the 11.2.3 update tonight, but I thought it would have been a little mean... But here we are, it seems I was right.

Unlike 11.2.1 and 11.2.2, at least the published the full installer at once, I can download it from Apple via Gibmacos tonight. After I re-create the installation usb drive with 11.2.3 , since I would probably not be able to update it properly, would you advice me to make an in-place upgrade using the Big Sur install app from Applications, in order to avoid a clean install? Or the latter seems safer?

Edited by Vyzantion

Everything seemed to work OK in installation, but now I have sound interruptions at every about 30 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this? I replaced the kexts in EFI, i rebooted. The problem persists.