[Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3

130 posts in this topic

9 hours ago, Hervé said:

Screenshots clearly show no translucent Finder bar or Dock: there is no graphics acceleration for HD2000 or Sandy Bridge Intel HD; full stop. SL may run but without QE/CI. I don't see the point of claiming otherwise outside a strange desire to spread fake news.

I don't even see the relevance of such a useless discussion on this Big Sur 11.2/11.2.1 thread.

Graphics acceleration does not work. I never stated that it does. But the OS itself works. And this matters. For me, if the OS works with no graphics acceleration, the OS works. I know that, for some people, macOS works equal macOS works with graphics acceleration. But not for everybody.

Hi guys,

Today I decided to do a fresh install of macOS and decided for 11.2.1, and it works mostly but I lost sound, I used an EFI from my previous install macOS 11.3 Beta 2 and in that I had sound, in this one I don't have sound.

In hackintool as you can see below all my sound options are available and recognized, but in system properties i don't have any outputs.

Can anyone help me solve this?

Thanks

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-20, às 17.09.00.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-20, às 17.09.35.png

Captura de ecrã 2021-02-20, às 17.25.23.png

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

@MorenoAv hai provato diverse versioni di AppleALC ???
Hai mai pensato di iniettare audio da DeviceProperties?

Yes, I changed AppleALC for the last one, an I initiate audio from system properties... but I have to try other versions of AppleALC...

Thanks

PS: SOLVED

Changed the Codec and all is well, for now... 

Thank you

Edited by MorenoAv

• gengik84 changed the title to [Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11-2.2

For me, 11.2.2 seems to be the same like 11.2.1. I shall wait for the full installer to be available from Apple. 

Two minor updates, one after another. I do not get it. They could have waited and launch today 11.2.1, with the fixes they shipped both in 11.2.1 and 11.2.2 . Anyways, GibMacOS does show not the gull installer for 11.2.2 yet. Perhaps they shall not publish it at all, altough unlikely. Probably 11.3 will soon arrive anyway.

4 hours ago, Henry2010 said:

11.2.2 is meant for MBP and MBA.

maybe we don't need to update?:rolleyes:

In a long run, we need it, any not up-to-date build is a source of issued, due build number and the compatibility things that derive term. But for the few next days probably it wil not matter. As I said, for me, and maybe for other people as well, best things is to wait a few days until the full installer is published by Apple, re-create the installation pen drive and either make a full reinstall or an in-place upgrade.

Afaik, no need to put (add-on) kexts in /S/L/E or /L/E to boot with OpenCore and SIP enabled. Set csr-active-config to 0 and keep your kexts in the OC kexts folder.

• Like 1

Opencore > NVRAM > Add > 7C436110... csr-active-config.... 00000000 - SIP completely enabled (0x0);

30000000 - Allow unsigned kexts and writing to protected system file locations;

67000000 - SIP completely disabled

Software update is offered only with SIP completely enabled.

• Like 1

@ellaosx likely a panic of some sorts. When you open up everything again, there should be another prompt that says "Your computer shut down because of a problem" which the option to view a log. It may be that you have some sort of panic which occurs only at shutdown.

On 3/2/2021 at 6:00 AM, ellaosx said:

Does anyone having issue like this everytime i start/restart big sur?

Pressing Open doesnt show anything.

20210223_083317.thumb.jpg.d77eae9df934656e97f6890461a88f29.jpg

It's FakeSMC. Or to be more specific one of the keys it injects (MSSD, which stores the shutdown state). The value FakeSMC injects works ok with Clover but not OpenCore.

Edit the info.plist and delete that key.

Edited by Riley Freeman

6 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

It's FakeSMC. Or to be more specific one of the keys it injects (MSSD, which stores the shutdown state). The value FakeSMC injects works ok with Clover but not OpenCore.

does the same thing with Clover

18 minutes ago, ellaosx said:

I am using latest clover & fakesmc of slice. All the kext are latest too. I only even installed fakesmc, lilu & whatevergreen for a test, but same issue.

you'll have to use VirtualSMC for a while or resist and wait for this little bug to be fixed

i'd reported this bug to @Slice

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/299861-hwsensors3/?do=findComment&comment=2751416

8 hours ago, Riley Freeman said:

2 hours ago, iCanaro said:

you'll have to use VirtualSMC

Both suggestions worked :thumbsup_anim:

Thank You @Riley Freeman and @iCanaro

Edited by ellaosx
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, ellaosx said:

@Riley Freeman

I am using latest clover & fakesmc of slice.

18 hours ago, iCanaro said:

does the same thing with Clover

Thanks for the corrections. I thought I read somewhere that the issue didn't affect Clover but I might have picked it up wrong. Using OC and VirtualSMC here.

Question: Does anyone have the ASM1042 USB controller working with big sur on their hack??? If you how did you do it?

@Riley Freeman the advice to remove from the fakesmc plist the MSSD entry looks like it solves 

:thanks_speechbubble:

• Like 1

18 hours ago, iCanaro said:

Question: Does anyone have the ASM1042 USB controller working with big sur on their hack??? If you how did you do it?

fixed the problem at the root, inserted into the Z68 PCI card to have additional USB 3.0, OOB operation

https://www.amazon.it/gp/product/B00JEVLEFQ/

now 2 usb 3.0 rear ports and the 2 front of the case fully functional with all OS :thumbsup_anim:

• gengik84 changed the title to [Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3