130 posts in this topic

What I did to get the update:

No matter what have you set in OC config.plist Nvram > csr-active-config, need to reboot to Recovery partition, then open Terminal from utilities and enable sip "csrutil enable" > Enter, then "reboot" > Enter. After reboot, I did reset nvram and rebooted. System Preferences offered me (finally) the update. The update runned smooth. Then I disabled sip in terminal again "csrutil disable". No matters what version of OC or what SMBIOS use. I hope to be useful.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
23 hours ago, XanthraX said:

Could not do this update. The PrefPane shows as usual my mac is up to date.  I downloaded all package from MAS, but it is still 11.2. What can I do?

Same problem as you

Edited by IUTniun
  • Like 2

After ten mouths of being locked out of the Hackintosh world, I have managed to install macOS Big Sur 11.2 using Clover. In the previous ten mounths I see that OpenCore has really taken hold of the Hackintosh world. I also know that, now, Clover and OpenCore share a large point of their code, so I opted for Clover, being a familiar enviorement from Yosemite to Catalina. Yet, I used the Virtual SMC and the rest of the kexts from the Acidanthera team. The OS seemed well installed, well behaved on the new Hackintosh (Intel i3), then the 11.2.1 update came. The installed os was unable to download neither the update package, or the new, updated, macOS Big Sur install app. I use the latest Clover and the systems definitions of iMac 14.4 .

Meanwhile, I have discovered the GibMacOS tool, downloaded it and tried it. I have three machines, one is the Hackintosh (Acer based Intel i3, 4 gb of ram), another runs Ubuntu 20.04 (installed from DVD, the USB function was broken on the motherboard, it is the former Hackintosh), also tried the GibMacOS tool on them, neither showed the updated install app with 11.2.1 , only 11.2 . I was able to download the update pkg, yet, using this tool, but I would like to download the full installer for 11.2.1, to put it on the USB drive, before I take my chance and run the pkg file. Any way to download the full installer of 11.2.1 from Apple? I am not too familiar with OpenCore itself, but with Clover.

I'm not sure a Big Sur 11.2.1 full installer is available yet. At least not yesterday. The package I downloaded yesterday for a fresh installation resulted in Big Sur 11.2 installed, not 11.2.1. So, until things change, 11.2.1 is only offered as an incremental update through the Software Update PrefPane. Of course, 48hr after the update went out, the full installer may be available.

Open Core solution is csr-active-config to 00000000 in NVRM

for clover try Method 2: config.plist

1. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActivateConfig to appropriate value
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes
Edited by IUTniun
43 minutes ago, IUTniun said:

Open Core solution is csr-active-config to 00000000 in NVRM

for clover try Method 2: config.plist

1. Open config.plist in Clover Configurator
  2. Navigate RT Variables > CsrActivateConfig
  3. Change CsrActivateConfig to appropriate value
    2. Enable SIP: 0x00
  4. Reboot Hackintosh to apply changes

SIP would brake my configuration, if enabled. I first attempted to install 11.0.1 and then update to 11.1 . The result was that, after a few restarts, after the update to 11.1, the system was unable to boot with the message that the root volume is read only.

I have checked GibMacOS utility today, the update package for 11.2.1 was no longer there. I also seem to have lost the downloaded file.

Edited by Vyzantion

You are doomed sir, a Big Sur install with sip disabled will not find an update at all. It will always say you're up to date.

You would need to find out why sip breaks your system and fix it, a properly configured hack will work with sip enabled.

• Like 1

Can confirm that 11..2.1 update was not offered on my Hacks with SIP disabled 0xFFF. Once SIP was re-enabled, the update was offered. Forgot to check if using the good old value 0x67 would have made a difference.

But if SIP is the culprit, why on the Linux machine and the other two Windows machines (that were not connected to my ISP, since they where from other places then my house) 11.2.1 was not seen in GibMacOS, but 11.2 was seen? I mean the full macOS install app, not the update pkg .

Edited by Vyzantion

Tried first 0x67, then 0x00 . Neither worked. It is the same as before: when I check for updates, I get offered to download a 12 gb update, that is clearly not the 11.2.1 update, but the full macOS installer; and when I check the App Store, I get only 11.2 . So I reverted to the initial state of the config.plist, then one I shared earlier. Perhaps there are some clues of how to get out of this and download the full Big Sur install app with 11.2.1 . 

With Big Sur, Apple no longer offer updates, whether incremental or combo, for offline download. This would be the reason why you could not see any 11.2.1 update on GibMacOS but the 11.2 installation package. Afaik, Apple have not issued any 11.2.1 full installation package yet (if ever) though I could be wrong on this.

Regarding the absence of update availability on your Hack, could it simply be that you don't have working NVRAM. Did you check this?

What you can do meantime is reboot to Recovery and enable SIP with Terminal command:

csrutil enable

Then reboot into Big Sur and open up your SW Update PrefPane again. If SIP is enabled, the update should be offered.

Simple: define an NVRAM parameter/variable with Terminal and reboot; if it's still present after reboot with its associated value, NVRAM is working; if it's not present, you don't have working NVRAM. Applicable whether NVRAM is native or emulated.

Example:

to define a parameter called "test" and assign it value "hello":

sudo nvram test=hello

to check the presence of the nvram parameter:

nvram -p | grep test

12 hours ago, moozuki said:

You are doomed sir, a Big Sur install with sip disabled will not find an update at all. It will always say you're up to date.

You would need to find out why sip breaks your system and fix it, a properly configured hack will work with sip enabled.

Good that garbage notification is finally gone from my system preferences on Catalina I had wondered why, yet another reason to have it disabled..

8 hours ago, Hervé said:

Simple: define an NVRAM parameter/variable with Terminal and reboot; if it's still present after reboot with its associated value, NVRAM is working; if it's not present, you don't have working NVRAM. Applicable whether NVRAM is native or emulated.

Example:

to define a parameter called "test" and assign it value "hello":

sudo nvram test=hello

to check the presence of the nvram parameter:

nvram -p | grep test

Done. The parameter was there after reboot.

Running csrutil enable probably does not make sense, when I changed the parameters using Clover Configurator, being on verbose mode, the OS showed that SIP was enabled yet, it did not work to get what I needed. Sources on Apple OpenSources for macOS are not updated for 11.2.1 , we have only for 11.2 the latest.

Edited by Vyzantion

What is correct csr-active-config for OC 064 that will allow booting non-signed kexts and still allow updates?

Anyone having trouble with recovery mode toggle to csrutil enable and csrutil authenticated-root enable?  Getting a message about some kind of custom configuration but not enabling in either case?

21 minutes ago, HenryV said:

What is correct csr-active-config for OC 064 that will allow booting non-signed kexts and still allow updates?

Anyone having trouble with recovery mode toggle to csrutil enable and csrutil authenticated-root enable?  Getting a message about some kind of custom configuration but not enabling in either case?

0x3E7 as in Clover by default.

8 hours ago, kushwavez said:

@Slice I'm using 0x01 for allowing unsigned kexts. so is that incorrect?

Almost correct but there is also

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNAPPROVED_KEXTS (1<<9)

which is 0x200

2 hours ago, Slice said:

Almost correct but there is also

#define CSR_ALLOW_UNAPPROVED_KEXTS (1<<9)

which is 0x200

Thanks!

I'm using 0x01 from High Sierra for allowing unsigned kexts inside /Library/Extensions. That is still the case here on Big Sur.

A Question: what is the diff between Unapproved kext and Unsigned kext?

• gengik84 changed the title to [Release] macOS Big Sur 11.2-11.2.1-11.2.2-11.2.3