OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

I’ve updated all Set5 icon sets on the repo with Linux icons. There are also a few more variations on the sets.

EDIT:

I’ve also added some links to the preview images to the front page of the repo.

EDIT2:

I’ve not added links to WindowReflection Black or the Brights sets yet but will do when I can.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I’ve updated all Set5 icon sets on the repo with Linux icons. There are also a few more variations on the sets.

EDIT:

I’ve also added some links to the preview images to the front page of the repo.

_/\_ merci _/\_

Nice. A solid red fill, behind a solid black fill with punched hole and bevels. Should work just fine. I look forward to seeing it :)

Edited by blackosx
Fix spelling of behind
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, blackosx said:

I look forward to seeing it

That makes two of us - I really like this concept, can't wait to see this in it's full glory. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Yeah. I think I first saw the idea used

in the Chameleon Bullet theme by No Smoking Bandit. It’s a good technique and can make for some nice looking themes.

Yes you've jogged my memory, that's where I saw this style. This one looks very striking and promises to be a keeper in any OC theme collection.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

OpenCore/Opencanopy 0.7.0 was updated yesterday with support for image directories so themes images can now be bundled in to a single dir.

OcBinaryData has also been updated with Theme dirs:
Acidanthera/Chardonnay
Acidanthera/GoldenGate
Acidanthera/Syrah

As always check the configuration PDF for details, but for speed for the relevant part is here:

13. PickerVariant
Type: plist string
Failsafe: Auto
Description: Choose specific icon set to be used for boot management.

An icon set is a directory path relative to Resources\Image, where the icons and an optional manifest are located. It is recommended for the artists to use provide their sets in the Vendor\Set format, e.g. Acidanthera\GoldenGate.

Sample resources provided as a part of OcBinaryData repository provide the following icon set:

• Acidanthera\GoldenGate — macOS 11 styled icon set.
• Acidanthera\Syrah — macOS 10.10 styled icon set.
• Acidanthera\Chardonnay — macOS 10.4 styled icon set.

For convenience purposes there also are predefined aliases:

• Auto — Automatically select one set of icons based on the DefaultBackground colour: Acidanthera\GoldenGate for Syrah Black and Acidanthera\Chardonnay for Light Gray.
• Default — Acidanthera\GoldenGate.

So to make this work for you, all theme icon files from now on will lose any prefix and just be named as the icon, for example:
AppleRecv.icns
AppleTM.icns
BtnFocus.icns

Your OC/Resources/Image/ dir will then contain a vendor dir, for example Acidanthera, Blackosx or Chris1111 (or whatever you want) and then in that dir will be theme dirs from that person/vendor. You set the PickerVariant option in config plist to match the theme you wish to load.

So if I set my OC dir to this...

890850712_ScreenShot2021-05-16at18_48_45.thumb.png.ec27a184bd3b7e7bf5cdc53c58e9d3ed.png

Then I can instruct OpenCanopy to use my BsxImacBlue_ theme by entering the following as the PickerVariant

<key>PickerVariant</key>
                <string>Blackosx\BsxImacBlue_</string>

Good work guys. And looking forward to any upcoming changes too.

Thanks to the devs for making this change

Also thanks to Mike Beaton for the heads up.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, blackosx said:

OpenCore/Opencanopy 0.7.0 was updated yesterday with support for image directories so themes images can now be bundled in to a single dir.

OcBinaryData has also been updated with Theme dirs:
Acidanthera/Chardonnay
Acidanthera/GoldenGate
Acidanthera/Syrah...

Thanks for the info, very well explained.

In PickerVariant I must write \Blackosx\BsxImacBlue_ instead of Blackosx\BsxImacBlue_. Does it work fine for you without the first backward slash?

Edited by miliuco

16 hours ago, blackosx said:

Without the preceding backslash worked fine for me, though I only tested in Qemu.

Yes, you're right, I've tried without preceding backslash and it works.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@blackosx

I want to try some of your theme. But I don't remember how to set background.icns instead of DefaultBackgroundColor in config.plist.

Let me know. Please.

old method  work for me https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344251-opencanopy-icons/?do=findComment&comment=2758295

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

old method  work for me https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344251-opencanopy-icons/?do=findComment&comment=2758295

I have to admit I have tried the above methods and examples posted by @blackosx @miliuco with exhausted permutations and at every reboot the boot menu results to text only. So I reverted to the tried and tested method of renaming the the icons and placing them in the Image folder that works every time. Maybe I am suffering a bout of brain freeze but it just won't work for me. :(

• Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@blackosx @miliuco@antuneddu

In PickerVariant, I write \Blackosx\BsxImacBlue_ and  Blackosx\BsxImacBlue_ without success, only text picker...

Both ways are working for me. Do icons inside BsxImacBlue_ folder have names without prefix? E.g. Apple.icns, etc.

29 minutes ago, eSaF said:

I have to admit I have tried the above methods and examples posted by @blackosx @miliuco with exhausted permutations and at every reboot the boot menu results to text only. So I reverted to the tried and tested method of renaming the the icons and placing them in the Image folder that works every time. Maybe I am suffering a bout of brain freeze but it just won't work for me. :(

Strange.

For example, I have 3 icons set made by different vendors:

•     \EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Acidanthera\GoldenGate
  •     \EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Blackosx\BsxDarkFenceGreen
  •     \EFI\OC\Resources\Image\Chris1111\Apple-BnW.

Directory tree looks like this:

├── Audio
├── Font
├── Image
│   ├── Acidanthera
│   │   ├── GoldenGate
│   │   │   ├── Apple.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleRecv.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleTM.icns
│   │   │   ├── BtnFocus.icns
│   │   │   ├── ...
│   ├── Blackosx
│   │   ├── BsxDarkFenceGreen
│   │   │   ├── Apple.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleRecv.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleTM.icns
│   │   │   ├── BtnFocus.icns
│   │   │   ├── ...
│   └── Chris1111
│       └── Apple-BnW
│           ├── Apple.icns
│           ├── AppleRecv.icns
│           ├── AppleTM.icns
│           ├── BtnFocus.icns
│           ├── ...
└── Label

Depending on the PickerVariant values:

•     PickerVariant=Default > GoldenGate is the chosen theme
  •     PickerVariant=Blackosx\BsxDarkFenceGreen > BsxDarkFenceGreen is the chosen theme
  •     PickerVariant=Chris1111\Apple-BnW > Apple-BnW is the chosen theme.

As I said to @Matgen84 icons are without prefixes?

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 3

1 hour ago, Matgen84 said:

@blackosx

I want to try some of your theme. But I don't remember how to set background.icns instead of DefaultBackgroundColor in config.plist.

Let me know. Please.

I think you only have to add a Background.icns file into theme's folder.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Both ways are working for me. Do icons inside BsxImacBlue_ folder have names without prefix? E.g. Apple.icns, etc.

@miliuco

Works fine now. I forgot to remove the prefix for Blackosx's Theme :( Thanks for you help.

Spoiler

1671069406_Capturedcran2021-05-1714_55_38.png.618a082759ba1c9224f6b75a973a18a8.png

• Like 1