OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

Remove that Entry named BsxM1_ with Flavour=Apple11:Apple. 
macOS versions doesn’t need their own Entry. They are automatically detected. But you have to have Apple11.icns and ExtApple11.icns into the active theme folder. 

This Entry doesn’t point to any real UEFI path but it’s pointing to the BsxM1_ icons folder. 
Try and comment. 

I followed your instructions here but Boot Menu reverted to text only with that 3rd ghost volume that does nothing, at the moment still trying to solve the problem

• Confused 1

9 hours ago, eSaF said:

If you don't mind kind Sir I am going to steal your very good idea. :angel:

God forbid you are welcome :) , this is the beauty of sharing, imagine if all this could be inserted inside for example OCC as a theme manger with one click we could change the themes a bit like in Clover Configurator ... well it would be the maximum

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

imagine if all this could be inserted inside for example OCC as a theme manger with one click we could change the themes a bit like in Clover Configurator ... well it would be the maximum

I absolutely agree 100 but careful we don't get accused of being lazy and spoon fed. :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

12 hours ago, blackosx said:

As for disabling the VolumeIcons PickerAttribute when using flavours, I’m not too sure myself of the specifics at the moment but there may be some instance where the two options may fight each other. We won’t know until it happens or someone spends some time thinking about it in greater detail but I would just take Mike’s comment as something to bear in mind when configuring your PickerAttributes.

Say you want to use different themes and switch between them from time to time, but you have a .VolumeIcon.icns file in place, e.g. in your macOS install or especially your Ubuntu install (which used to be what you had to do, to theme an OS entry that OC does not know the type of automatically, i.e. other than macOS or Windows). If you'd done it that way (and ofc have .VolumeIcon.icns enabled in OC) then these OSes will always look exactly the same across all the themes - that's how it works, and it has precedence. However, if you disable OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON (or just don't put any .VolumeIcon.icns file in place in the first place) and you use the new 'flavour' system instead, then how each OS looks will come from the artwork of each theme as you switch between them - which is basically what it was designed for. B)

Edited by Bmju
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

I followed your instructions here but Boot Menu reverted to text only with that 3rd ghost volume that does nothing, at the moment still trying to solve the problem

@eSaF You need to completely remove that entry: your Entries array should be empty. Each item in the Entries array adds a brand new item to the boot picker - which is what you are seeing - it is not how you change or set the theme of an already existing boot item.

If an existing boot item is one that is being automatically created by OC and you want to set its flavour, you must to add a .contentFlavour file next to its boot file, e.g. next to bootx64.efi. The Flavour property which I think you are trying to use (?) is only for boot items that need to be in Entries or Tools anyway (i.e. any extra boot items which you need to add manually, because they aren't automatically created by OC). But in your case, for macOS, you do not even need a .contentFlavour file: macOS will have its flavour set correctly automatically by OC, and so it will already pick the correct icon file from the theme you have set in PickerVariant. You should not need to do anything else except set the theme directory name in PickerVariant and lay out the directories correctly. (If the graphical boot picker isn't starting at all now, one of those two is probably wrong!)

HTH! ;) 

Edited by Bmju
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, vit9696 said:

We have finally made it to build a gallery with Dortania: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCanopy-Gallery. I warmly welcome you there and request all the artists to provide their themes for listing. Here is the instruction: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCanopy-Gallery/contribute.html.

Thank you, it is a great pleasure to see the gallery in OpenCanopy of an artist of the caliber like @blackosx , I don't see that of our dear @chris1111  another big piece ...work in progress ?

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 3

@Bmju That makes sense because I just rebuilt my entire EFI Folder leaving the Flavour theme section at default and that third ghost volume is still there, obviously I have duplicated the same missteps again but will follow your suggestion and try to fix - Thanks for the Guidance much appreciated.

15 hours ago, antuneddu said:

in the OC playlist there is so much to do in the Misc section than in everything else :hysterical:  @chris1111  where you are, only you are missing :lol:

I am here what you need ? 373695373.png.41a6cd6c57dcacbe5630249bb4cc12a1.png

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I am here what you need ? 373695373.png.41a6cd6c57dcacbe5630249bb4cc12a1.png

nothing, yesterday there was all hell with the new OC features, only you were missing :lol: it was a busy evening

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

@Bmju - Thank you very much, your suggestions absolutely got me to this stage using the default Icons (see attached). Of course the real fun begins when I start using Icon Packs by different authors but I think I should be abled to get there by reading up instead of trying to wing it like I always do hoping something will stick. 

Please have a look and see if I am correct. Thanks.

20114049.thumb.png.912344e49d0424476383ec5d28732b6c.png:hysterical:

Spoiler

20114049.thumb.png.912344e49d0424476383ec5d28732b6c.png20114059.thumb.png.e53f3c52ee170692fecea78555ef8ce7.png40862375_ScreenShot2021-05-20at12_38_11.thumb.png.ff71464a373c7b633e17f0fa2d44be02.png

• Like 1

3 hours ago, vit9696 said:

We have finally made it to build a gallery with Dortania: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCanopy-Gallery. I warmly welcome you there and request all the artists to provide their themes for listing. Here is the instruction: https://dortania.github.io/OpenCanopy-Gallery/contribute.html.

Thank you very much and all the OpenCore team. The beauty treatment gathered in one place. All this hard work is very appreciated by us, final users.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

39 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

nothing, yesterday there was all hell with the new OC features, only you were missing :lol: it was a busy evening

Yes yesterday was a bizarre day for me :poke:

• Sad 1

33 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@Bmju - Thank you very much, your suggestions absolutely got me to this stage using the default Icons (see attached). Of course the real fun begins when I start using Icon Packs by different authors but I think I should be abled to get there by reading up instead of trying to wing it like I always do hoping something will stick. 

Please have a look and see if I am correct. Thanks...

Dear friend, I see all ok and you see that it is not essential to use Flavours, the new Image directory structure is enough.
I see that ResetNVRAM has a hard drive icon. This is by default in Opencore, ResetNVRAM shows HardDrive.icns if there is not a ResetNVRAM.icns file. Really HardDrive.icns is the basic icon for all tools when there is not a more suitable icon.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I create My Gallery but I really dont know how to add on :unsure:

https://github.com/chris1111/My-Simple-OC-Themes/blob/master/Gallery.md

Amazing work!!! Well organized. Easy to browse. Congratulations.

Here Dortania says how to add a gallery but for me it's a bit difficult: markdown, vuepress, pull requests... You are more expert. @blackosx already has his gallery up.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Amazing work!!! Well organized. Easy to browse. Congratulations.

Here Dortania says how to add a gallery but for me it's a bit difficult: markdown, vuepress, pull requests... You are more expert. @blackosx already has his gallery up.

Thanks I will try I never Pull request before :angel_not:

Wow.. Looks like I've missed out on a lot today! I have been working but and also managed to update the Set5 icon sets on the repo with the missing Linux icons to complete the flavours list. I've next to work on the macOS flavours now but that will happen in time..  And note, to anyone else.. these extra icons are purely optional and not a requirement.

5 hours ago, vit9696 said:

Excellent. Thanks for the heads up vit. I'll take look when I can..

5 hours ago, Bmju said:

Say you want to use different themes and switch between them from time to time, but you have a .VolumeIcon.icns file in place, e.g. in your macOS install or especially your Ubuntu install (which used to be what you had to do, to theme an OS entry that OC does not know the type of automatically, i.e. other than macOS or Windows). If you'd done it that way (and ofc have .VolumeIcon.icns enabled in OC) then these OSes will always look exactly the same across all the themes - that's how it works, and it has precedence. However, if you disable OC_ATTR_USE_VOLUME_ICON (or just don't put any .VolumeIcon.icns file in place in the first place) and you use the new 'flavour' system instead, then how each OS looks will come from the artwork of each theme as you switch between them - which is basically what it was designed for. B)

I knew there would be a good explanation. Thanks for clarifying Mike.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 1

33 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@blackosx already has his gallery up.

It wasn't me. I'm only just seeing this now.. Someone has done it for me (thank you) :P

EDIT: It was khronokernel with this commit - Thanks.

But I will be taking a good look at the Dortania OpenCanopy Gallery in due course so I can learn about it and eventually manage it myself. 

Edited by blackosx
type
  • Like 2

I givup for today this thing is frustrating for me not able to pull request

Edit Its more easy adding a page

I have create a new Repos of Gallery but .....

Edited by chris1111
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

It's just because it's new. Give it some time to familiarise yourself with it. I will do the same.

9 minutes ago, blackosx said:

It wasn't me. I'm only just seeing this now.. Someone has done it for me (thank you) :P

EDIT: It was khronokernel with this commit - Thanks.

But I will be taking a good look at the Dortania OpenCanopy Gallery in due course so I can learn about it and eventually manage it myself...

I didn't know. I thought you had created your gallery. It's a great detail from Mykola Grymalyuk. Congratulations!!!.

2 minutes ago, blackosx said:

It's just because it's new. Give it some time to familiarise yourself with it. I will do the same.

This is me I don't know how I try for an hour but  nothing is happening

• Sad 1

16 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

I have create a new Repos of Gallery but .....

Do not be discouraged. As @blackosx says, new things seem very difficult to learn before getting to know them more thoroughly. You've developed a lot for macOS and have enough knowledge to get up to speed in no time. And there is no rush.

By the way, your new repo and gallery are very good.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1