OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

Here is a query I have - can I put a different set of Blackosx Icon in the same folder or will I have to make another? Of course I know I will have to make an entry in the config.plist to include the new set if I choose to use them.

Edited by eSaF

Hey guys. Sorry for any silence from this end but today's been crazy here and my time is limited tonight.

I see plenty of testing and queries for the recent changes for theme dirs and I don't know why some of you are having success and some are not. As far as I understand, it's just a case of copying the Acidanthera dir and sub folder structures, just with different directory names. In the event of failure to I would suggest trying the Debug version of OpenCore and it's drivers etc. to see if any errors are highlighted.

I'll hopefully get to do more testing soon....

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

@MorenoAv @eSaF

The way that's working for you is valid now but it it's not the way proposed by OpenCore. From current configuration file:

PickerVariant

An icon set is a directory path relative to Resources\Image, where the icons and an optional manifest are located. It is recommended for the artists to use provide their sets in the Vendor\Set format, e.g. Acidanthera\GoldenGate.

Sample resources provided as a part of OcBinaryData repository provide the following icon set:
Acidanthera\GoldenGate — macOS 11 styled icon set.
Acidanthera\Syrah — macOS 10.10 styled icon set.
Acidanthera\Chardonnay — macOS 10.4 styled icon set.

For convenience purposes there also are predefined aliases:
Auto — Automatically select one set of icons based on the DefaultBackground colour: Acidanthera\GoldenGate for Syrah Black and Acidanthera\Chardonnay for Light Gray.
Default — Acidanthera\GoldenGate.

OpenCanopy

OpenCanopy provides full support for PickerAttributes and offers a configurable builtin icon set. The chosen icon set may depend on the DefaultBackgroundColor variable value. Refer to PickerVariant for more details.
Predefined icons are saved in the PickerVariant-derived subdirectory of the \EFI\OC\Resources\Image directory.

What I mean is that in successive compilations this behavior can change and what now works well for you could stop working.

Edited by miliuco

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

@MorenoAv @eSaF

The way that's working for you is valid now but it it's not the way proposed by OpenCore. From current configuration file:

What I mean is that in successive compilations this behavior can change and what now works well for you could stop working.

Ok understand as changes are constantly made.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Here is a query I have - can I put a different set of Blackosx Icon in the same folder or will I have to make another? Of course I know I will have to make an entry in the config.plist to include the new set if I choose to use them.

If you want to follow the guidelines of OC, you must create a subfolder for each theme inside the theme's creator folder.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

it works here exactly as @miliuco described it, it is necessary to Reset NVRAM and reboot in my case and it to work :wink_anim:

1274809481_Capturedcranle2021-05-1808_26_42.png.82ac492d42ab8e9a79b42be5a1416213.png

1803516512_Capturedcranle2021-05-1808_32_14.png.e04deccd6c0897ec5f9333fe49d5d84e.png

EDIT ** It is relatively easy to create a tool to do it with Plist-Buddy

227498926_Capturedcranle2021-05-1808_52_19.png.054afee5fb05a7825ef75f11e4944afa.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 2

33 minutes ago, chris1111 said:

it works here exactly as @miliuco described it, it is necessary to Reset NVRAM and reboot in my case and it to work :wink_anim:

1274809481_Capturedcranle2021-05-1808_26_42.png.82ac492d42ab8e9a79b42be5a1416213.png

1803516512_Capturedcranle2021-05-1808_32_14.png.e04deccd6c0897ec5f9333fe49d5d84e.png

EDIT ** It is relatively easy to create a tool to do it with Plist-Buddy

227498926_Capturedcranle2021-05-1808_52_19.png.054afee5fb05a7825ef75f11e4944afa.png

exactement as @blackosx explained in the beginning
question; @chris1111 in your opinion having more icon sets loaded , could have a negative impact on boot, in the sense of loading times, for now everything seems to me as before

• Like 2

58 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

question; @chris1111 in your opinion having more icon sets loaded , could have a negative impact on boot, in the sense of loading times, for now everything seems to me as before

You can Acidanthera and other folder Empty  this is works I test it 

612307165_Capturedcranle2021-05-1809_55_43.png.fff7c3fcd065bd31fbaf656a319b1070.png

Edited by chris1111
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, antuneddu said:

question; @chris1111 in your opinion having more icon sets loaded , could have a negative impact on boot, in the sense of loading times...

I'm not sure but I think OC only loads the icons of the active theme, skipping others.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

I'm not sure but I think OC only loads the icons of the active theme, skipping others.

I think so :) Just an opinion: If it recognizes the themes in the EFI folder, OC (or Clover) only loads the theme declared in the config.plist

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

never had the Acidanthera folder (the icons are not to my liking) and it works the same...

It's alright on condition of not setting PickerVariant Default or Auto. When PickerVariant has Default or Auto it looks for Acidanthera folder.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, miliuco said:

It's alright on condition of not setting PickerVariant Default or Auto. When PickerVariant has Default or Auto it looks for Acidanthera folder.

I don't really think about setting the Picker differently from my personal themes :lol:

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

never had the Acidanthera folder (the icons are not to my liking) and it works the same

Schermata 2021-05-18 alle 16.40.38.png

Not test without the folder Acidanthera :) I don't even think about removing it ;)

2 hours ago, antuneddu said:

there are no more themes than they used to be, right @blackosx do you remember this?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duqcFtfs9lk

I got it from here

http://forum.voodooprojects.org/index.php/topic,666.0.html

how small the world is, you haven't aged at all in the picture  :hysterical:

Impressive!!! 14 years ago @blackosx was already creating themes. For something he does it so well :)

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, antuneddu said:

there are no more themes than they used to be, right @blackosx do you remember this?

how small the world is, you haven't aged at all in the picture  :hysterical:

Yes I remember it all very well.

Yeah. I started young, Not! :)

• Haha 3