OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Also, Mike Beaton (ref https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1614) has notified me:

1 - It's best to disable Volume Icons PickerAttributes when turning on Flavours, in PickerAttributes.

2 - PickerVariant in the latest commit intentionally supports \ or / as the separator e.g. Bsx\Oc1 or Bsx/Oc1

Thanks Mike

Spoiler

It's best to disable Volume Icons PickerAttributes when turning on Flavours, in PickerAttributes.

thanks I didn't understand this though :(

32 minutes ago, blackosx said:

Also, Mike Beaton (ref https://github.com/acidanthera/bugtracker/issues/1614) has notified me:

1 - It's best to disable Volume Icons PickerAttributes when turning on Flavours, in PickerAttributes.

2 - PickerVariant in the latest commit intentionally supports \ or / as the separator e.g. Bsx\Oc1 or Bsx/Oc1

Thanks Mike

Thanks. Mike Beaton is making a very good work with OpenCanopy.

"It's best to disable Volume Icons PickerAttributes" > Are you talking about the 2 options marked with arrows? Or only the first? (see image)

pickerattributes.png.7e444a41867f28fa08d9b8213a306c9b.png

@antuneddu

Edited by miliuco

5 minutes ago, miliuco said:

"It's best to disable Volume Icons PickerAttributes" > Are you talking about the 2 options marked with arrows? Or only the first? (see image)

@antuneddu

I believe the first one, I also did not understand well but I had already set this up 

Schermata 2021-05-19 alle 23.38.17.png

• Like 1

AFAIK, it’s the whole team behind the latest changes, not just Mike.

As for disabling the VolumeIcons PickerAttribute when using flavours, I’m not too sure myself of the specifics at the moment but there may be some instance where the two options may fight each other. We won’t know until it happens or someone spends some time thinking about it in greater detail but I would just take Mike’s comment as something to bear in mind when configuring your PickerAttributes.

It’s late here now so time to sign out. I’ll pick up tomorrow.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, blackosx said:

AFAIK, it’s the whole team behind the latest changes, not just Mike.

As for disabling the VolumeIcons PickerAttribute when using flavours, I’m not too sure myself of the specifics at the moment but there may be some instance where the two options may fight each other. We won’t know until it happens or someone spends some time thinking about it in greater detail but I would just take Mike’s comment as something to bear in mind when configuring your PickerAttributes.

It’s late here now so time to sign out. I’ll pick up tomorrow.

:thumbsup_anim: ciao buona notte and thanks

@antuneddu

144 (0x90) value in PickerAttributes works, as in your image and in a recent post of @blackosx 

I have had to put these icons into the theme's folder (without Ext icons it doesn't work):

flavour.png.6ca80e81ce9c48276f9f0ca8ef2111f5.png

macOS Entries only need the icons, as you said.
Windows Entry has Flavour=Windows10:Windows.
UEFI Shell tool has Flavour=OpenShell:UEFIShell:Shell.
With these changes all seems to work fine.

flavour2.png.d9776039977340a4b7859bbad9bc32ce.png

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

Well, they did an amazing job this time too, there will be many more things to remember in the settings ... slowly, we will get used to it :)

Totally agree.

:thumbsup_anim:

My Theme playlist

Bsx\Bsx-Flat-Viola

Bsx\Bsx-Flat-Green

Acer\Acer-Green

Acer\Acer-Viola

chris1111.......

I'm organizing the themes so when I have to change I just have to copy the string .... what do you think  :lol: ? buenas noches, nos vemos mañana

• Like 3

54 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

I'm organizing the themes so when I have to change I just have to copy the string .... what do you think  :lol: ? buenas noches, nos vemos mañana

If you don't mind kind Sir I am going to steal your very good idea. :angel:

• Haha 3

Ok I've been testing the new Icon 'Flavour' feature of OC 0.7.0 on BS latest update 11.5 Beta (20G5023d). I don't know if it is an accumulation of the two or my ineptness to fully grasp what is needed but applying the changes, I now have an extra volume that does absolutely nothing when clicked. I have included various Screenshots hoping some knowledgeable person can spot what the problem is and steer me on the right path - Thanks. 

Spoiler

20005254.thumb.png.60bbd39849f14f10b531008de54df7d3.png20005305.thumb.png.2ad463bd2be9e6bdcb0b37827cde5c8f.png2004559983_ScreenShot2021-05-20at02_08_52.thumb.png.850172239ad6c971cd7c813b865ae70f.png923545469_ScreenShot2021-05-20at02_07_40.thumb.png.37489ccf30fa9f75fd37d7b8e622b198.png

• Sad 1

8 hours ago, miliuco said:

@antuneddu

@miliuco Where do you find this windows to calculate PickerAttrubutes values ? Please.

2 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

@miliuco Where do you find this windows to calculate PickerAttrubutes values ? Please.

I’s OpenCore Configurator by mackie100. Updated with last changes if you select 0.7.0 Development in Preferences. 

Edited by miliuco
  • Thanks 1

@eSaF

Remove that Entry named BsxM1_ with Flavour=Apple11:Apple. 
macOS versions doesn’t need their own Entry. They are automatically detected. But you have to have Apple11.icns and ExtApple11.icns into the active theme folder. 

This Entry doesn’t point to any real UEFI path but it’s pointing to the BsxM1_ icons folder. 
Try and comment. 

@eSaF
see this post as an example

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344251-opencanopy-icons/?do=findComment&comment=2758712

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, miliuco said:

@eSaF

Remove that Entry named BsxM1_ with Flavour=Apple11:Apple. 
macOS versions doesn’t need their own Entry. They are automatically detected. But you have to have Apple11.icns and ExtApple11.icns into the active theme folder. 

This Entry doesn’t point to any real UEFI path but it’s pointing to the BsxM1_ icons folder. 
Try and comment. 

@eSaF
see this post as an example

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/344251-opencanopy-icons/?do=findComment&comment=2758712

@miliuco Exactly, @eSaF I would add, remove the prefix BsxImacPink_ to all icons, create a new folder BsxImacPink or Blackosx4 or as you like best and put them inside