OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,484 posts in this topic

2 hours ago, eSaF said:

I have to admit I have tried the above methods and examples posted by @blackosx @miliuco with exhausted permutations and at every reboot the boot menu results to text only. So I reverted to the tried and tested method of renaming the the icons and placing them in the Image folder that works every time. Maybe I am suffering a bout of brain freeze but it just won't work for me. :(

there are two of us then :lol: , but I would like to understand where and why it doesn't go :wallbash:

• Haha 2

7 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

there are two of us then :lol: , but I would like to understand where and why it doesn't go :wallbash:

I suppose that the 2 most frequent errors are keeping the prefixed name in the icon sets or failing to write the correct path in PickerVariant.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

i just changed to uppercase, nada de nada, could it be the LauncherPath? the is set to Default :worried_anim:

I also have LauncherPath=Default. 

Upload the entire Resources folder and the config.plist. This is very strange. Che cosa strana!

• Like 1

@antuneddu

On the screenshot, we can see that Opencore.efi was installed on May 14th (maybe Opencanopy, drivers and tools, also). However, the change of path has existed since the commit of May 15. You will have to build the new version, I think. :(

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Irish_Man said:

Have you updated OC to the latest version? It won't work if you have not.

ahahahha ma dai

3 minutes ago, Matgen84 said:

@antuneddu

On the screenshot, we can see that Opencore.efi was installed on May 14th (maybe Opencanopy, drivers and tools, also). However, the change of path has existed since the commit of May 15. You will have to build the new version, I think. :(

yes I also thought about that I have now downloaded the latest commit 5714622a3ff03a048505fda63bb04c9e3a1706f292d8c2d146e1f2e2355cea88, and it worked but only with Chriss's one ..... it's already something

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

???

16 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

Have you updated OC to the latest version? It won't work if you have not.

oops sorry, I certainly have on the latest build available
https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true&version=0.7.0&sha=5c7d61f4168f1eff4167acc7d5452db8c0913325

that of Chriss and Acidanthera works now , that of Blackosx still not ... two steps forward :)

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Irish_Man said:

???

It's like "Really" in english. Italian.

3 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

oops sorry, I certainly have on the latest build available
https://dortania.github.io/builds/?product=OpenCorePkg&viewall=true&version=0.7.0&sha=5c7d61f4168f1eff4167acc7d5452db8c0913325

that of Chriss and Acidanthera works now , that of Blackosx still not ... two steps forward :)

Al least you are in the way to fix this. Then it was an OpenCore not up to date?

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1

30 minutes ago, miliuco said:

It's like "Really" in english. Italian.

Al least you are in the way to fix this. Then it was an OpenCore not up to date?

no, it's crazy they all work except blackosx, but if I put the same blackosx folder in another directory I created with the acer theme logo "Acer \ Acer-ImacBlue" it works .... crazy stuff

Edited by antuneddu
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

However, overcome some initial difficulties, it is convenient to have all the themes in the image folder (hoping that the 200mb of the EFI will suffice :lol:), without overwriting every time you change the theme  , just need to change the Picker variant, we are getting closer to what I was hoping for ie the "Random Theme" option

thanks to the OC developers

• Like 2

Ok - I am not absolutely sure but it looks like in a ham-fisted fashion I overcame the difficulties I was having to install various Icon folders. All I did was make and labeled a new folder 'Blackosx' and dump all the Icons in the created folder, then placed it in the image folder and it worked. Please don't tell me I've done it all wrong I don't want to go through the constant reboots to see the results because I gave up a few times and it was only sheer bloody minded persistence that saw it through.

Spoiler

1042291275_ScreenShot2021-05-17at18_47_55.png.62544c2ef36f0c8c23245529e39ed580.png1574495744_ScreenShot2021-05-17at18_50_21.thumb.png.cdd91867f1e2fbf74d5b9f95577f6fd9.png

:frantics:

• Haha 3

13 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@antuneddu Strange - I only had to make a new folder Blackosx and dump all the Icons in it without renaming any. 

I always rename them before I don't like all that long name and it creates confusion ..... then I preferred to do Directory and sub-folder for each theme so if I have to add other themes  I don't have to delete the ones from before 

• Like 2

Just now, antuneddu said:

I always rename them before I don't like all that long name and it creates confusion ..... then I preferred to do Directory and sub-folder for each theme so if I have to add other themes  I don't have to delete the ones from before 

That makes sense and good practice as well. :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, eSaF said:

Ok - I am not absolutely sure but it looks like in a ham-fisted fashion I overcame the difficulties I was having to install various Icon folders. All I did was make and labeled a new folder 'Blackosx' and dump all the Icons in the created folder, then placed it in the image folder and it worked. Please don't tell me I've done it all wrong I don't want to go through the constant reboots to see the results because I gave up a few times and it was only sheer bloody minded persistence that saw it through...

What you have done (and it works) is to put the icons directly into the folder with the name of the creator (Blackosx) and keep the theme's prefix (BsxImacPink_) in the name of the icons.
What OpenCore proposes (I'm sure you've already read it) is to create a BsxImacPink_ folder inside the Blackosx folder and put the icons WITHOUT PREFIX inside BsxImacPink_.
Thus, with the current value of PickerVariant = Blackosx\BsxImacPink_ the chosen theme would be BsxImacPink_.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

The only way that I was able to make it work is copy all the icons and past it in the OC >resources>image and rename the picker variant to the name of the folder and it works with the Blackosx themes... 

16 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@miliuco Thanks Bro - Didn't blackosx say his future Icons will come without prefixes or am I mistaken? That's another bridge we will have to cross but shouldn't be too taxing to deal with.

@blackosx has already modern themes in github wihout prefixes, specifically Set5.

10 minutes ago, MorenoAv said:

The only way that I was able to make it work is copy all the icons and past it in the OC >resources>image and rename the picker variant to the name of the folder and it works with the Blackosx themes... 

This way? (it's my directory tree, as example) Folders named as theme inside folder named as vendor?

├── Audio
├── Font
├── Image
│   ├── Acidanthera
│   │   ├── GoldenGate
│   │   │   ├── Apple.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleRecv.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleTM.icns
│   │   │   ├── BtnFocus.icns
│   │   │   ├── ...
│   ├── Blackosx
│   │   ├── BsxDarkFenceGreen
│   │   │   ├── Apple.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleRecv.icns
│   │   │   ├── AppleTM.icns
│   │   │   ├── BtnFocus.icns
│   │   │   ├── ...
│   └── Chris1111
│       └── Apple-BnW
│           ├── Apple.icns
│           ├── AppleRecv.icns
│           ├── AppleTM.icns
│           ├── BtnFocus.icns
│           ├── ...
└── Label

Depending on the PickerVariant values, in this example:

•     PickerVariant=Default > GoldenGate is the chosen theme
  •     PickerVariant=Blackosx\BsxDarkFenceGreen > BsxDarkFenceGreen is the chosen theme
  •     PickerVariant=Chris1111\Apple-BnW > Apple-BnW is the chosen theme.

Edited by miliuco
  • Like 2

@MorenoAv - As I said previously I didn't change the prefixes on the Icons, just made a Folder and named it Blackosx and dumped all the Icons in it then paste the folder along side OC's Acidanthera folder in Image. Also in config.plist PickerVariant, I made this entry Blackosx\BsxImacPink_ and it worked.

Spoiler

2005391398_ScreenShot2021-05-17at21_06_48.png.568ae1819def00da691368f56489bf3c.png341269605_ScreenShot2021-05-17at21_05_29.png.070c8085f22b512e5cf6a29a6d108612.png1563075305_ScreenShot2021-05-17at21_05_56.png.601d4abe3a01c9e7c06ee5f8ab614272.png

• Like 1