OpenCanopy Icons

blackosx
1,491 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, chokia said:

I have multiboot setup with HiveOS, LibreElec, Android and HomeAssistantOS in their own partition that Opencore pickup but show as HDD icons along with Big Sur and Windows

How to get Opencanopy to display their own icon assuming i have created each OS with its dedicated icon :-

ModernHiveOS.icns

ModernLibreElec.icns

ModernAndroid.icns

ModernHomeAssistantOS.icns

I kinda lost reading the guide in Dortania github. can someone simplify?

you should copy the icons created in the bootloader directory, my example with Garuda / linux

561531679_Schermata2021-04-13alle10_33_30.png.68d379e45c96b10da40cdf6b414c0b6d.png

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, chokia said:

I have multiboot setup with HiveOS, LibreElec, Android and HomeAssistantOS in their own partition that Opencore pickup but show as HDD icons along with Big Sur and Windows

How to get Opencanopy to display their own icon assuming i have created each OS with its dedicated icon :-

ModernHiveOS.icns

ModernLibreElec.icns

ModernAndroid.icns

ModernHomeAssistantOS.icns

I kinda lost reading the guide in Dortania github. can someone simplify?

I think you have to put each icon next to the file that boots each system.
For example, speaking of Windows but I think it will be the same for other systems, if the EFI path written in config.plist points to \EFI\Microsoft\Boot\bootmgfw.efi, I have to put the icon next to bootmgfw.efi with Identical name and extension icns.
The result is to have 2 files together, bootmgfw.efi and bootmgfw.efi.icns.

17 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

you should copy the icons created in the bootloader directory, my example with Garuda / linux

561531679_Schermata2021-04-13alle10_33_30.png.68d379e45c96b10da40cdf6b414c0b6d.png

Sorry @antuneddu I read your message just when I published mine, when I started to write the answer to @chokia, your post was not on my screen.

You answer so quickly that I am not there on time :)

Edited by miliuco

ive read all post and thanks to you all i got my opencore skin . im very glad. cheers to all

14131950.png

30163354.png

Edited by Eruil
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
Spoiler
  • Resources > Image folder must have one item of each type of icon to get graphic picker (External). You can download the Resources folder with all required elements from acidanthera. These are the default icons made by OpenCore developers. Its purpose is to display the picker as it is displayed on real Macs.
    But there are already some OpenCore 0.6.8-capable themes designed by others users. For example, Default-StarWars by @chris1111 or BsxDarkFence series by @blackosx, all of them high quality themes. 

https://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/347285-opencore-067-068-differences/?tab=comments#comment-2754800

• Like 1

Thanks. Backgrounds are original Apple images and icons are based on the colours of the new iMacs. The silver icons could have more contrast but I’ve left them genuine to the iMac colours.

45 minutes ago, miliuco said:

Backgrounds remember me past macOS, Panther and Tiger, good work.

Good thinking. Maybe I will create a theme for each macOS version using Apple’s original desktop backgrounds.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I've added some more icons sets to the repo, under Set5.

WindowReflection  (24 x different icon set colour variations)

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIcons/tree/master/Set5/WindowReflection

Example (on grey background):

preview_sheet_WindowReflection_0.jpg

FlatTile  (20 x different icon set colour variations)

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIcons/tree/master/Set5/FlatTile

preview_sheet_FlatTile_0.jpg

Glassy  (24 x different icon set colour variations)

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIcons/tree/master/Set5/Glassy

preview_sheet_Glassy_0.jpg

There'll be plenty more coming soon... 

• Like 5

On 6/23/2020 at 9:50 AM, blackosx said:

For users wishing to set OpenCanopy to look as close as possible to a real Mac by using Apple's own icons see the icons at OCBinaryData.

For users wishing to deviate from Apple's boot icons for a more custom look, they're left with having to find their own icons from various places which can sometimes result in a not so consistent theme feel.

If anyone wants 'correct' icons then they can use the images from OCBinaryData.

The icons I post here are custom icons. The design of which can vary as I wish to give the end user choices.

Edited by blackosx
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, blackosx said:

I've added some more icons sets to the repo, under Set5.

WindowReflection  (24 x different icon set colour variations)

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIcons/tree/master/Set5/WindowReflection

preview_sheet_WindowReflection_0.jpg

FlatTile  (20 x different icon set colour variations)

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIcons/tree/master/Set5/FlatTile

preview_sheet_FlatTile_0.jpg

Glassy  (24 x different icon set colour variations)

https://github.com/blackosx/OpenCanopyIcons/tree/master/Set5/Glassy

preview_sheet_Glassy_0.jpg

There'll be plenty more coming soon... 

Verry good Beautiful great work :wink_anim:

• Like 1

:thumbsup_anim: Testing the new icon, what to say .... as always, excellent work, curated and very professional. 2 little things to say, I hope not to be boring

I have arranged the icon for Linux, there is never in your sets  :no: ( @Andrey1970 the shots I made yesterday I have to update the restart icon ;) )2115183569_Schermata2021-05-11alle15_12_52.png.aa1516703acacbec2967135150132255.png

359305719_Schermata2021-05-11alle15_13_13.png.5b7048e12e60edd47922438a70166c24.png

if I would like to use the icons in light shade, for example those of the resetnvram and tool icon , are  only present in the dark shade :worried_anim: the solution is to mix them light and dark? 

Thanks for your patience

383797211_Schermata2021-05-11alle14_56_52.png.118ab29c02ead18995902f700cc55656.png

• Like 1

Thanks @antuneddu

There will be linux icons I just haven't aded them yet.. (Here's a sneak preview of quick FlatTile build).

preview_sheet_FlatTile-0.thumb.jpg.745bcd52eb6efa8a8b424cfb28b0eb1e.jpg

20 minutes ago, antuneddu said:

if I would like to use the icons in light shade, for example those of the resetnvram and tool icon , are  only present in the dark shade :worried_anim: the solution is to mix them light and dark? 

Exactly!

I'll generate the icons. You mix and match which ever ones you want :)

ps. Nice background image

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1