AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

7 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

Thanks guys, this worked for my set up.  The default one would have probably worked too but I didn't need support for sata, sasex,scsi, etc.

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 4.29.01 PM.png

You can probably get rid of NVME as well if you want, it will still see your APFS Volumes on NVME drives without it. Same with USB if I remember right.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, eSaF said:

@hungrywallet Is that OC Configurator you're using to bring up that selection? The reason I am asking I am sure that App was frowned upon by the OC devs, maybe it's been vastly improved to be able to work with.

Yup that’s very true, Vit and Fritz do not want people to use that tool and would rather it didn’t exist. It’s only because of the amount of changes that happen in OC itself on a regular basis I think so It’s out of date every other day...lol

Saying that though OC seems to be slowing down with the huge changes or are they famous last words I’m speaking???. LoL 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

Just now, hungrywallet said:

It is but I just used it to get the value.  I copied and pasted it manually with ProperTree.  ;)

Aaah I understand :thumbsup_anim:

Yea B I think so too, OC has come a long way and it's only the ribbon and bows, so to speak, the Devs are putting to it.

4 hours ago, Locked Down said:

You can probably get rid of NVME as well if you want, it will still see your APFS Volumes on NVME drives without it. Same with USB if I remember right.

This actually didn't work out for me but thanks.  It doesn't see my MacOS drive when I remove NVME.

2 minutes ago, hungrywallet said:

This actually didn't work out for me but thanks.  It doesn't see my MacOS drive when I remove NVME.

You need the NVME unless your not using a NVMe drive. 

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, hungrywallet said:

Can anyone tell me what this is when running kextstat?  :worried_anim:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 5.46.43 PM.png

I've seen that since Snow Leopard days if my memory recalls :hysterical: - Don't worry about it mate it's all good.

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, hungrywallet said:

Can anyone tell me what this is when running kextstat?  :worried_anim:

Screen Shot 2020-10-19 at 5.46.43 PM.png

It is quite normal and even shows up on a real Mac. Has been around since I retired in 2012, that's how I remember when I first saw it, I received a paid version of Mountain Lion as part of my leaving present. This is a screen capture from my current 2019 MacBook Pro.

Screenshot 2020-10-20 at 22.28.55.png

• Like 2

Test EFI, OpenCore 0.6.3 with onboard Bluetooth and WIFI Enabled and Working 21/10/2020.

Handoff is working,

AppleWatch Unlock is working,

iPhone & AirPod / AirPod Pro Pairing and working,

Bluetooth Keyboard not Tested

Bluetooth Mouse not Tested

AirDrop not Tested

This is very much experimental and built to work Using OpenCore Version 0.6.3

Make sure you go into the bios and make the following changes,

Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

Please do try it and report your results to me on here.

Side Note - After fiddling with it for a few days im very surprised how well its working, No real downside to it that I have come across yet but im sure one of you lot trying this out will beg to differ and find something a miss.

To Be Used With Catalina Only

OC 063 Z390 Master WIFI Bluetooth 1,1 EFI Catalina ONLY.zip - SMBios iMacPro1,1 and Catalina ONLY.

OC 063 Z390 Master WIFI Bluetooth 19,1 EFI Catalina ONLY.zip - SMBios iMac19,1 and Catalina ONLY.

To Be Used With Big Sur Only

OC 063 Z390 Master WIFI Bluetooth 1,1 EFI BIG SUR ONLY.zip - SMBios iMacPro1,1 and Big Sur ONLY.

OC 063 Z390 Master WIFI Bluetooth 19,1 EFI BIG SUR ONLY.zip - SMBios iMac19,1 and Big Sur ONLY.

To see and Join Networks that are not already stored on your iCloud download the latest alpha version of HeliPort from here.

https://github.com/OpenIntelWireless/HeliPort

IMPORTANT NOTE - Don’t forget to reset your NVRam before firing up any of the above EFIs for the first time.

Please do let me know how it works for you, Feedback good or bad is always greatly appreciated.
Happy Testing and Enjoy, :) 

AG  

:yoji:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 3

Hi @AudioGod

Thanks Bro. It's a great news for Aorus Master's and Pro users. 

I plan to try this new version today or tomorrow. Sorry for my poor English, available for previous versions, Does OpenIntelWireless via Helliport always manage the Intel Wifi module as an Ethernet connection by the system, usable only on macOS (therefore neither during installation nor on the recovery partition) :)

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1

I will give it a trial on my Test Disk as well and then do a clean Install trial and see results.

PS Don't forget you obviously need to isolate your installed combo/wifi card to take it out of play and rely on just the Intel builtin one for the trial.

Edited by eSaF
  • Like 2

hello gentleman, I have been using AudioGod's EFI for Clover for the 6 month and it working really smooth, without this thread, his effort and the team I would headache with the build,

anyway I really want to change to the OpenCore, but don't know how to start and change from Clover to OC, is it really simple just change the EFI folder of the Clover to the new EFI OpenCore and replace serial number ?

Thanks you and regard 

11 minutes ago, pl4n__b said:

hello gentleman, I have been using AudioGod's EFI for Clover for the 6 month and it working really smooth, without this thread, his effort and the team I would headache with the build,

anyway I really want to change to the OpenCore, but don't know how to start and change from Clover to OC, is it really simple just change the EFI folder of the Clover to the new EFI OpenCore and replace serial number ?

Thanks you and regard 

That's exactly it. Don't forget to replace also smUUID, MLB, ROM.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Does OpenIntelWireless via Helliport always manage the Intel Wifi module as an Ethernet connection by the system, usable only on macOS (therefore neither during installation nor on the recovery partition) :)

I’m not sure buddy, your have to test that one out to find out. Probably not though.

Ive been concentrating on getting it working right purely in macOS.

These are all things that need to be found out under test. :thumbsup_anim:

5 hours ago, Matgen84 said:

Does OpenIntelWireless via Helliport always manage the Intel Wifi module as an Ethernet connection by the system, usable only on macOS (therefore neither during installation nor on the recovery partition) :)

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

I’m not sure buddy, your have to test that one out to find out. Probably not though.

Ive been concentrating on getting it working right purely in macOS.

These are all things that need to be found out under test. :thumbsup_anim:

Indeed, the best way to find out is to test. This is what I will do. :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Just finished the install on a test disk, the wifi  and B/T signal is as strong as the Apple combo card, there is a slight hesitation during boot, loading the Intel Firmware (nothing to write home about). AG I know you had remap the USB ports to incorporate HS14 for B/T but I noticed only USB Type 2.0 and Type C are active and available or is this glitch unique to my machine. Apart from that I think going forward we'll have a winner, like I said it would be nice to free up that slot on the board. Definitely a feature to watch. :thumbsup_anim:

• Thanks 1

34 minutes ago, eSaF said:

Just finished the install on a test disk, the wifi  and B/T signal is as strong as the Apple combo card, there is a slight hesitation during boot, loading the Intel Firmware (nothing to write home about). AG I know you had remap the USB ports to incorporate HS14 for B/T but I noticed only USB Type 2.0 and Type C are active and available or is this glitch unique to my machine. Apart from that I think going forward we'll have a winner, like I said it would be nice to free up that slot on the board. Definitely a feature to watch. :thumbsup_anim:

Happens sometimes just reset your nvram a couple of times in a row and it should all kick in properly.

• Thanks 2

@AudioGod

The first test of AiportItlwm+Bluetooth friends is finished on Big Sur: Bluetooth no problem (TV Bluetooth detected), Wifi some issues. The answer to my previous question: it seems that AiportItlwm does't need HelliPort. When I install it, the app do not work: error message itwlm needed. 

I mistaken somewhere because :

• I don't know how to isolate Fenvi card, so I think there are conflicts between Intel and Fenvi because the Chanels-Bands 2,4GHz/5GHz aren't well managed
  • AirportBrcmFixUp boot-args brcmfx-country=#a brcmfx-driver=2 doesn't work specially country code
Spoiler

1200814054_Capturedcran2020-10-2213_39_53.png.e724e9ea6ac64f229df2a54050e41d8d.png1350590216_Capturedcran2020-10-2213_18_04.png.d3439c9b0254b8c8f821252287756766.png1425799352_Capturedcran2020-10-2213_13_22.png.c044c5d7efffb23ec70a0f0b72d04bb4.png

Edited by Matgen84

@Matgen84 I removed my Combo Card all together so I could avoid problems like that and get a clearer picture of what’s going on.

I am currently running on the onboard combo card and have been for about 48 hours now.

I haven’t had time to test it properly as I’ve had so much to do here but I’ve been relying on it and I’ve got by just fine tbh.

Apple watch unlock started working flawlessly but only after enabling airportfixup.

Try running without the airportfixup if you like and see if it’s better or worst. :)
It’s all a work in progress but at the very least it seems to work kinda well.

If I had to choose between using that or a fermi card I know what I would choose, clue it wouldn’t be the T919 that’s for sure... :hysterical:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

51 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@Matgen84 I removed my Combo Card all together so I could avoid problems like that and get a clearer picture of what’s going on.

I am currently running on the onboard combo card and have been for about 48 hours now.

I haven’t had time to test it properly as I’ve had so much to do here but I’ve been relying on it and I’ve got by just fine tbh.

Apple watch unlock started working flawlessly but only after enabling airportfixup.

Try running without the airportfixup if you like and see if it’s better or worst. :)
It’s all a work in progress but at the very least it seems to work kinda well.

If I had to choose between using that or a fermi card I know what I would choose, clue it wouldn’t be the T919 that’s for sure... :hysterical:

@AudioGod Remember: I don't remove my poor Fenvi card. :hysterical:  I only create a SSDT to disable it at boot. The airportItwlm doesn't detect my phone by bluetooth, don't recognize boot-args country-code=#a (country code = ZZ is displayed).
Sometimes, I've got some problem to connect 5gHz and the speed is 140Mhz instead of 321Mhz (Fenvi T919). 

My opinion: AirportItwlm is too unstable yet for me. :cry: I wait next release.

Edited by Matgen84
  • Like 1