AudioGod's Aorus Z390 Master Patched DSDT EFI for Catalina Mini Guide and Discussion

AudioGod
1,847 posts in this topic

6 minutes ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

I don’t know, since the log interface (after High Sierra I think?) has changed I haven’t been able to decently look through the log files and find the reason for waking.

Power naps is off, wake on lan is off too (when I use my router’s web interface to send a wake-up package, the hack doesn’t respond).

Ah ok, I got you now.

Do you use 19,1 or 1,1?

OpenCore 0.6.3 EFI Major Update (Big Sur Ready), 2nd November 2020 

(Use With Bios Revision F11L or Newer)

The EFIs and DSDTs have now been updated to the my latest versions.

Changes made include,

AppleALC 1.5.4,

Lilu 1.4.9,

WhateverGreen 1.4.4,

VirtualSMC 1.1.8,

AirportBrcmFixup 2.1.1,

IntelMausi 1.0.4,

OpenCore Updated to Revision 0.6.3 (Big Sur Ready),

OpenCanopy is Enabled as Standard,

SSDT-Plug and SSDT-PMC Have been freshly pulled and rewritten using bios F11L,

SSDT-EC-USBX.aml has now been added to the ACPI,

USBPort.kext has been rewritten manually and is now named USBMap.kext and the power tables are now being done via SSDT-EC-USBX instead of directly inside the USB.kext,

Plus other major tweaks and changes to all of the configs

PLEASE NOTE - It's now possible to go past the 15port limit safely without freaking out your system.

all you got to do to enable it is go into the plist and goto Kernel - Quirks and set XhciPortLimit to Yes. Once you do that and restart all USB ports will be active fully including usb 2 on usb 3 and type c etc.

Note - If you don't need it on then don't use it but at the same time if you wanna test it out then go for it and let me know if you get any strange behaviour.

OpenCore EFI Update v0.6.3 - 02/11/2020

OC 063 19,1 Z390 Master EFI 021120.zip - OpenCore v0.6.3, SMBios iMac19,1

OC 063 1,1 Z390 Master EFI 021120.zip - OpenCore v0.6.3, SMBios iMacPro1,1 (IGPU Disabled)

PLEASE DON’T FORGET TO RESET YOUR NVRAM BEFORE BOOTING INTO THE NEW EFI FOR THE FIRST TIME,

Note - If your not using a 5700 XT or any other Navi GPU then remove agdpmod=pikera from the boot arguments.

Note 2 - Do not try to carry across your old OpenCore Config.plist to the new EFI as to many changes have occurred in 0.6.0. Use the new Config.plist instead.

For OpenCore Using PlistEdit Pro add your details by modifying the following 

453128831_Screenshot2020-01-16at19_25_01.thumb.png.7a9beac3ccc0096941fc4a0ec07b8248.png

PLEASE NOTE - These EFIs are setup to be used with your msr Unlocked so make sure you use the correct bios settings listed below or use the F11L Unlocked Profile I have provided.

Additional Downloads

Z390AORUSMASTER.F11l.zip  - Aorus Z390 Master Bios Firmware F11L

PlistEdit Pro.zip - PlistEdit Pro (use to edit OpenCore)

PLEASE NOTE - MSR Unlock is now baked into the BIOS as a setting so you no longer need my bios profile to unlock your MSR.

BIOS SETTINGS (Bios Revision F11L)

Enter BIOS -> Press Delete -> Enter Setup

Save & Exit -> Load Optimized Defaults

• Boot -> CFG Lock -> Disabled

• Boot -> Windows 8/10 Features -> Win 8/10 WHQL

Boot -> CSM Support -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled if need be but try to have it set to Disabled first)

Favourites -> Extreme Memory Profile (X.M.P.) -> Profile1

Favourites -> VT-d -> Disabled (Can be set to Enabled or Disabled, Your choice)

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Display Output -> PCIe 1 Slot

Settings -> IO Ports -> Internal Graphics -> Enabled (Disabled If Using SMBios 1,1)

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Pre-Allocated -> 64M

Settings -> IO Ports -> DVMT Total GFX0-Allocated -> 256M

Settings -> IO Ports -> Aperture Size -> 256MB
 Settings -> IO Ports -> Wifi -> Disabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Audio Controller -> Enabled

Settings -> IO Ports -> Above 4G Decoding -> Enabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> Super IO Configuration -> Serial Port -> Disabled

• Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> Legacy USB Support -> Auto

Settings -> IO Ports -> USB Configuration -> XHCI Hands-off -> Enabled

• Settings -> Miscellaneous -> Software Guard Extensions (SGX) -> Disabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> Platform Power Management -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> ErP -> Enabled

Settings -> Platform Power -> RC6(Render Standby) -> Enabled

Save & Exit  Save & Exit Setup

F11L BIOS Profile With MSR Unlocked & All The Correct Settings Dialled in for you - The Easy Way 

I have made this bios profile for you all to use that will unlock CFG on your motherboard making it play alot more friendly with the NVRam.

It also has all the bios settings listed on this guide pre done and saved onto the profile.

Default F11L.zip - Use with Bios Revision F11L ONLY

1 - Download the profile and save it to a USB Key

2 - Go into the bios,

3 - Load the profile, 

4 - Save and exit

5 - Go straight back into the bios and save your bios to a new profile and name it Default CFG Unlocked or something like that.

6 - Save the changes and then restart and your done, your motherboard will now be CFG (MSR) Unlocked and all the correct settings will be dialled in for you.

Edited by AudioGod
  • Thanks 6

@AudioGod Hey buddy after i changed from Clover to OC 0.6.0 and now trying 0.6.3, both I experience a major lag on the system, the mouse and graphic lagging every 10 to 20 second and another issue is I couldn't boot into Windows even the BIOS can not detect the other SSD ( Windows ).

• Sad 1

15 minutes ago, pl4n__b said:

@AudioGod Hey buddy after i changed from Clover to OC 0.6.0 and now trying 0.6.3, both I experience a major lag on the system, the mouse and graphic lagging every 10 to 20 second and another issue is I couldn't boot into Windows even the BIOS can not detect the other SSD ( Windows ).

Did you reset your nvram before booting into the new EFI?

That’s very strange buddy because the EFI has been thoroughly tested by many users before it went live on the thread and no problems like yours or any other problems were reported to me. I got 100% positive results on both 19,1 and 1,1.

Edited by AudioGod

18 minutes ago, pl4n__b said:

I had that too, but before I started using Audiogod’s OC EFI.

The fix was, for me, to move the USB receiver of my mouse and keyboard to different USB port, reboot and clear NVRAM.

• Like 2

Tested OC with 11L

Unfortunately for me USB 3 (C) ports don't work - did everything as you said.
All red ports are dead - as well as USB C port. Yellow ports and USB 2.0 are fine

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 17.24.25.png

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 17.25.19.png

Screenshot 2020-11-03 at 17.32.47.png

Edited by lygi
  • Confused 1

2 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

@lygi All ports are working normally over here, I just double checked.

did you reset your nvram before booting into the new EFI?

also are you using the new 0.6.3 EFI?

NVRAM reset, and just downloaded 0.6.3 (before I used Clover), also 11L with your default profile.

Everything booted without a single issue, but still having 15 active ports for some reason 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, lygi said:

NVRAM reset, and just downloaded 0.6.3 (before I used Clover), also 11L with your default profile.

Everything booted without a single issue, but still having 15 active ports for some reason 

I didn’t really understand what you just meant then tbh sorry. :( 

If you put Xhciportlimit=no do you get back the ports that don’t work?

Just now, AudioGod said:

I didn’t really understand what you just meant then tbh sorry. :( 

If you put Xhciportlimit=no do you get back the ports that don’t work?

Ok once again:
First bios has been updated to 11L

then loaded yiur default profile for 11L
before I used Clover, so I'm sure I have OC 0.6.3 installed

NVAM has been reset - during the first boot

Let me change it to NO and will let you know

Should I have more than 15 ports active in Hackingtool2?

3 minutes ago, lygi said:

Ok once again:
First bios has been updated to 11L

then loaded yiur default profile for 11L
before I used Clover, so I'm sure I have OC 0.6.3 installed

NVAM has been reset - during the first boot

Let me change it to NO and will let you know

Should I have more than 15 ports active in Hackingtool2?

Set to No you will only have 15 active ports. (All ports open but usb 2 only on the hub, internal, front case ports and the 2 usb 3 ports just below the usb 2 hub)

@lygi Have you got leftovers of clover still in your system like RCscripts or anything like that cos if you do that will cause you a whole heap of troubles when using OpenCore.

Edited by AudioGod

20 minutes ago, AudioGod said:

Set to No you will only have 15 active ports. (All ports open but usb 2 only on the hub, internal, front case ports and the 2 usb 3 ports just below the usb 2 hub)

Looks like NO or YES makes no difference . Both options don't make my red ports + usb-c active :/
Also just tested 0.6.3 1.1 with IGPU Disable - the same story.

Edited by lygi

1 hour ago, lygi said:

Looks like NO or YES makes no difference . Both options don't make my red ports + usb-c active :/

I can't reproduce your problem over here I'm afraid bud.

everything is working as it should be on my build and I have asked a few other users of the EFI and both of them have all ports open and zero issues like yours so I'm abit lost to why its happening to you.

If you stick the EFI on a install flash drive that's usb 3 and stick it in the port that's not working and then restart the system and f12 into the install does that work?

Edited by AudioGod

1 hour ago, lygi said:

Have you actually tested them or only looked in Hackintool? If only Hackintool, did you select the 'broom' icon at the bottom of the section and then the refresh (2 semi circles) icon next to it?

If you have the port limit set to Yes, have you removed/disabled the USBMap.kext?

• Like 2

1 hour ago, AudioGod said:

I can't reproduce your problem over here I'm afraid bud.

everything is working as it should be on my build and I have asked a few other users of the EFI and both of them have all ports open and zero issues like yours so I'm abit lost to why its happening to you.

If you stick the EFI on a install flash drive that's usb 3 and stick it in the port that's not working and then restart the system and f12 into the install does that work?

I am able to boot my system from a USB stick plugged to red port - system boots up correctly - but when it's fully loaded - I don't have access to this stick anymore. It is not visible in the system. But the system is running perfectly. Weird stuff!

1 hour ago, Locked Down said:

Have you actually tested them or only looked in Hackintool? If only Hackintool, did you select the 'broom' icon at the bottom of the section and then the refresh (2 semi circles) icon next to it?

tested with USB stick and USB C device - not only visually 

1 hour ago, Locked Down said:

If you have the port limit set to Yes, have you removed/disabled the USBMap.kext?

nope - haven't removed anything - just followed the manual. Should I remove this kext?

1 hour ago, lygi said:

I am able to boot my system from a USB stick plugged to red port - system boots up correctly - but when it's fully loaded - I don't have access to this stick anymore. It is not visible in the system. But the system is running perfectly. Weird stuff!

If it’s working off the usb stick but not once booted into the os then that tells you that the problem is with the instal of Catalina and nothing to do with the EFI.

you could try repairing your permissions and rebuilding via hackintool.

1 hour ago, lygi said:

nope - haven't removed anything - just followed the manual. Should I remove this kext?

Dont remove the usb kext to enable the quirk, this is true for amd systems but not for Intel, the way I’ve done it you leave the kext in place and the quirk will just map over it. 

I have spoken to various devs about this and I beleave the OC online guide has a reference on it too now. :thumbsup_anim:

Edited by AudioGod
  • Like 2

@lygi Three things to check:

1) Here’s a guide on cleaning up Clover’s residue:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/clover-conversion/

2) Also if copying Audiogod’s latest EFI folder to your EFI partition, make sure you REPLACE the old folder and NOT merge the new with the old.

3) Plus, as Audiogod instructed, don’t use your old config.plist but just copy the values of your serial number, MLB and SUUID (and depending on your setup, the ROM value).

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Benjamin Franklin said:

@lygi Three things to check:

1) Here’s a guide on cleaning up Clover’s residue:

https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/clover-conversion/

Will do it now!

2) Also if copying Audiogod’s latest EFI folder to your EFI partition, make sure you REPLACE the old folder and NOT merge the new with the old.

Old deleted and copied new EFi folder. haven't replaced anything ;)

3) Plus, as Audiogod instructed, don’t use your old config.plist but just copy the values of your serial number, MLB and SUUID (and depending on your setup, the ROM value).

Did this that way. Only copied my old serial number

Ok guys, much appreciate your time and help. I decided to go with a fresh Beta Big Sur, and... everything is working out of the box.

My old Catalina was probably f**ed, 

Now all ports are active ;)

Good job with OC and Big Sur - installation without a single issue!

• Like 4

33 minutes ago, lygi said:

Ok guys, much appreciate your time and help. I decided to go with a fresh Beta Big Sur, and... everything is working out of the box.

My old Catalina was probably f**ed, 

Now all ports are active ;)

Good job with OC and Big Sur - installation without a single issue!

Awesome, Good for you buddy.

Enjoy :) 

some issues with login to  iMessage only - but working on it 

EDIT: 

I used serial for 19.1 on 1.1 EFI - rolled back to 19.1 and iMessage is working now ;) yay!

Edited by lygi
  • Like 1